Will there be a cure for baldness by 2030 according to you?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Treatments never cures, would not surprise me if breakthroughs were bought and hidden by hair treatment producers to stop their fortunes being busted.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not his theory. His theory is proximity, but whatever. I don't have time for this half-baked sh*t. Another moronic theory that is going to get all the suckers drooling. What a wasteland this website has become.

Proximity theory is the only thing I see here that is new, and it's complete bunk, but if that's a strawman let's move on.

Dude, calm down. Stop looking for what you "missed" like you have lost a competition or something. Farnsworth is not here to challenge to your authoritah. You can still be king turd of the hair loss forum if you want. Nobody else gives a fcuk.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, calm down. Stop looking for what you "missed" like you have lost a competition or something. Farnsworth is not here to challenge to your authoritah. You can still be king turd of the hair loss forum if you want. Nobody else gives a fcuk.
Dude, I'm just trying to have an open mind. If he can explain this then I'll have to adjust my opinion and perhaps try the drug. I don't know why you are getting so mad about that. We all want the same thing here. This stuff isn't new, but maybe he knows something new about it. Since there's a gb going for the drug I just want to know if there's additional information that will give me reason to join the buy.

farnsworth

My Regimen
Reaction score
you mean something like paracrine signaling from nearby healthy populations is required to secure survival and inductivity?

Looks like I can post links.

Hair follicle (HF) regeneration begins when communication between quiescent epithelial stem cells (SCs) and underlying mesenchymal dermal papillae (DP) generates sufficient activating cues to overcome repressive BMP signals from surrounding niche cells.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The role of follistatin should be looked at more because it can promote TGF signalling and halt BMP

farnsworth

My Regimen
Reaction score

The role of follistatin should be looked at more because it can promote TGF signalling and halt BMP
These are red herrings. The HFSCs must already be signaling and expressing the appropriate cell surface receptor proteins for this to be significantly efficacious.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's Histogen, didn't work

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like I can post links.

If I remember correctly, a study this year showed that TGFβ2 was expressed only in areas of human hair loss, while normal human scalps expressed only TGFβ1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, we might have a cure right now already with SMI, ARV, and WAY

I guess we will find out sometime in 2022 when we see a bunch of dudes in the discord with full heads of hair. And it's pretty affordable too, way cheaper than a hair transplant.

Imagine if a bunch of dudes on a hair loss forum solve hair loss when all these companies have spent millions failing lol
I bet you pharmaceutical companies are following those threads

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Net nerds aren't smarter. They just put less value on their time & safety.

Big Pharma doesn't sit around blaming the problem on masturbation. They don't try drugs that are already known to be too dangerous for a commercial treatment. Etc.

Reactions: 300

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson probably already has a beta version of the cure as we speak (ie.: they are already able to create a new human hair from scratch), but still need to work on improving the consistency of their methods. And since they are basically reprogramming blood cells to become hairs (which is a very complex process with many different stages and variables) that is not a simple task to do and will take at least a couple of more.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet you pharmaceutical companies are following those threads
Pharmaceutical companies really don't care about hair loss. They found HMI-115 because they tested it for endometriosis on mice, and the hair growth was insane. The people at Bayer still didn't care. The people they worked with at the IMM in China did care fortunately, and they convinced Bayer to let them test it for hair loss on their macaques. They did that and then bought the rights to it from Bayer because even after that Bayer still didn't want to make a hair loss drug. Nobody at big pharma cares about male pattern baldness. The only company that does is Allergan, and they've funded nothing but copes until now.

If you want to cure hair loss find a way to inhibit Twist1, upregulate R-spondins, or otherwise stabilize LRP5/6 Wnt receptors. We know what has to be done now, it's just a matter of having the pharmacological ability to do it.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so the way i see it is, there is a significant chance that in 2030, 40 years after finasteride and minoxidl there will be no alternative, i am not talking cures here, i am talking side free maintenance drugs. if kintors product does not deliver to replace finasteride, there is nothing else that is reasonably well established at this point and can actually work. why not stop talking about a cure? that is unrealistic. as someone who still has his NW4 and could be saved by side free maintenance and a hair transplant it is astouning to me that by 2030 finasteride might still be the Nr1 treatment. makes me qlmost quit my current research and go into hair biology and do research myself because it is so utterly ridiculous and SAD!

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think there is more hope for people who can tolerate finasteride but cannot stop their hair loss with it or for people who respond very well to finasteride or other anti androgens but got some side effects? I think the pitty with finasteride is that you cannot lower your dosage. if you respond well but get sides you are fucked, with other drugs you can lower the dose but because finasteride has such a steep inhibition curve you cannot say "i will accept half the efficacy for half the systemic impact" that does not work.

Last edited:

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to believe roeys is right about this being janey. All you do is crap on new treatments
I am not just crapping on any new treatments. there is no new treatment. there is two proposed in the pipeline but that is literally all there is. people make it sound like it looks better on paper than it ever did but it looks actually worse. in 2018 there was so much hope and 80% of rhe products got totally hammered. i can already mentioned a hand ful of things that will make kintor inferior to finasteride if it works at all. the chance on paper that finasteride by 2030 is the Nr1 treatment is genuinely higher than the opposite. and i do know in fact quite a bit about biology to gauge whether this is a solveable problem. it could be but not by 2030 and not with this amount of funding. i am not aware of any field where so little prpgress has been made, no kidding.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so the way i see it is, there is a significant chance that in 2030, 40 years after finasteride and minoxidl there will be no alternative, i am not talking cures here, i am talking side free maintenance drugs. if kintors product does not deliver to replace finasteride, there is nothing else that is reasonably well established at this point and can actually work. why not stop talking about a cure? that is unrealistic. as someone who still has his NW4 and could be saved by side free maintenance and a hair transplant it is astouning to me that by 2030 finasteride might still be the Nr1 treatment. makes me qlmost quit my current research and go into hair biology and do research myself because it is so utterly ridiculous and SAD!
So if kintor didnt make it no one will? Science would always move forward ! If u can do it on mouse there must be way to do it on ppl. If you can grow hair on pig there must be away to do it on ppl, its just figure it out ! . And in the far away future quantum computer would solve like 99% of the medical problems you have today.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not just crapping on any new treatments. there is no new treatment. there is two proposed in the pipeline but that is literally all there is. people make it sound like it looks better on paper than it ever did but it looks actually worse. in 2018 there was so much hope and 80% of rhe products got totally hammered. i can already mentioned a hand ful of things that will make kintor inferior to finasteride if it works at all. the chance on paper that finasteride by 2030 is the Nr1 treatment is genuinely higher than the opposite. and i do know in fact quite a bit about biology to gauge whether this is a solveable problem. it could be but not by 2030 and not with this amount of funding. i am not aware of any field where so little prpgress has been made, no kidding.
HMI-115 is already proven to be superior to finasteride. Kintor's PROTAC is no doubt superior to it also. Olix is a side effect free cure if started before Androgenetic Alopecia begins. These are actually good treatments, not the garbage people were hyped over in 2018. Researchers also pretty much know now what causes Androgenetic Alopecia, they just need a way to target it. Surrozen has a way, and has done some preclinical work on hair loss. If they follow through with it they can reverse Androgenetic Alopecia. The first Twist inhibitor was recently patented and is of great interest in cancer research so that will be developed soon. It's been shown that knocking out twist1 keeps hair in the anagen phase forever. HM is now closer than ever before. Tsuji is ready for human trials, and you can even bank your hair follicles now so that you have young healthy follicles for the procedure when the time comes. If you understand the mechanisms behind hair loss you can't say that the future isn't brighter now than it's ever been.

Last edited: