Will there be a cure for baldness by 2030 according to you?

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI-115 is already proven to be superior to finasteride. Kintor's PROTAC is no doubt superior to it also. Olix is a side effect free cure if started before Androgenetic Alopecia begins. These are actually good treatments, not the garbage people were hyped over in 2018. Researchers also pretty much know now what causes Androgenetic Alopecia, they just need a way to target it. Surrozen has a way, and has done some preclinical work on hair loss. If they follow through with it they can reverse Androgenetic Alopecia. The first Twist inhibitor was recently patented and is of great interest in cancer research so that will be developed soon. It's been shown that knocking out twist1 keeps hair in the anagen phase forever. HM is now closer than ever before. Tsuji is ready for human trials, and you can even back your hair follicles now so that you have young healthy follicles for the procedure when the time comes. If you understand the mechanisms behind hair loss you can't say that the future isn't brighter now than it's ever been.
i think you are overly optimistic. HMIhas been proven to be superior to finasteride? can you share the 12 month clinical human trial on that? because as of right now there is no clinical resewrch to support this statement at all, there is only one preclinical trial and thats it. nobody even has any idea whether what was found in macaques will translate into humans or if there are some major differences. for all we know and this is what j fear, HMI could do nothing in humans.

how do you know the protac is superior? how do you know olix is superior? i mean, this all sounds good in theory vut we should have learnt by now that theory does not translate into the clinic when it comes to male pattern baldness. that is just the reality of things.

mind sharing a paper about the twist knockout?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Macaques have been studied in detail and their hair loss is identical to ours. A trial in macaques is as good as a trial in humans.

Screenshot_20210927-125014_Chrome.jpg

This is what we're able to do in mice now by upregulating the Wnt pathway. Of course this isn't humans, but HFs are highly conserved across species and there is a preponderance of data showing this will work in humans.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Macaques have been studied in detail and their hair loss is identical to ours. A trial in macaques is as good as a trial in humans.

macaques are the best animal model for AA but that does not mean that their hair loss is identical at all. there is just not enough candidates in clinical trials to get success before 2030. remember, every compound so far, tens of them, histogen, samumed, replicel, follicum, jak inhibitors, all of it has completely flopped. all of it. thats insane and if thats anything to go by these new things which sound neat in theory will also fail in clinical trials

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
macaques are the best animal model for AA but that does not mean that their hair loss is identical at all. there is just not enough candidates in clinical trials to get success before 2030. remember, every compound so far, tens of them, histogen, samumed, replicel, follicum, jak inhibitors, all of it has completely flopped. all of it. thats insane and if thats anything to go by these new things which sound neat in theory will also fail in clinical trials
All of those were predicted to flop by the more informed members of this forum. Macaque hair loss actually is identical to humans. The fact that you don't know this shows you have not done basic research. To date there has not been a single treatment shown to be efficacious in stumptailed macaques that is not efficacious in humans and vice versa. Histology shows an identical etiology for Androgenetic Alopecia in both species, yes its even called androgenetic alopecia

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any pics of those macaques that were treated with HMI-115?
Yes, and they are mind-blowing. They were posted in either the Bayer or SMI thread

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, and they are mind-blowing. They were posted in either the Bayer or SMI thread
Cool I will try to find out.

I'm trying to not to get my hopes up but that's the first time I'm getting a little bit excited about a hair loss solution drug in a long time, maybe ever.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And in the far away future quantum computer would solve like 99% of the medical problems you have today.
haha. What a claim. You are also an Elon Musk fan I suppose? And will our brains be uploaded to the cloud in the next 10 years??

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of those were predicted to flop by the more informed members of this forum. Macaque hair loss actually is identical to humans. The fact that you don't know this shows you have not done basic research. To date there has not been a single treatment shown to be efficacious in stumptailed macaques that is not efficacious in humans and vice versa. Histology shows an identical etiology for Androgenetic Alopecia in both species, yes its even called androgenetic alopecia
sadly, they did not do histology on the macaques with HMI, why? this would have given so much information

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha. What a claim. You are also an Elon Musk fan I suppose? And will our brains be uploaded to the cloud in the next 10 years??
Quantom can stimulate the effect of drug on your body , meaning that you wont even need to do experince on human , so testing drugs could take few days , and there so many adavantegs that its hard to explain but by this time hair cloning would be out

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
organ on a chip comes to my mind what has been pushed by tissues, this kind of idea can be advanteous for research also using more human like tissue. but quantum computing will not be of much help in these areas as only a very particular set of problems can be solved with it. most computationally intensive problems will not get accelerated by quantum computing at all

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
organ on a chip comes to my mind what has been pushed by tissues, this kind of idea can be advanteous for research also using more human like tissue. but quantum computing will not be of much help in these areas as only a very particular set of problems can be solved with it. most computationally intensive problems will not get accelerated by quantum computing at all
Exactly