Why The Galea Is The Fundamental Cause Of Male Pattern Balding (& Androgens Are Secondary)

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about shape of bald men's head has to do with baldness. Though skull expansion theory has never been proved I believe it is true. Those men whose skulls are flat and foreheads are steep rarely go bald. My father is example, he is 73 and still nw2 with some age related thinning. Sloping protruding foreheads and dome shape head would exert more pressure on hairs overlie games and in turn turn on cascading. If we could remodeled skull shape through massage and medication we could stop alopecia ,bones are pliable so exerting slight pressure over them can change their shape. May be I am sounded nonsense but comment anyway.
It would be great to have an easy way to reshape our sculls to test this theory. Plus, if I were able to reshape my scull to look presentable bald, then I would just shave and be done with it.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about shape of bald men's head has to do with baldness. Though skull expansion theory has never been proved I believe it is true. Those men whose skulls are flat and foreheads are steep rarely go bald. My father is example, he is 73 and still nw2 with some age related thinning. Sloping protruding foreheads and dome shape head would exert more pressure on hairs overlie games and in turn turn on cascading. If we could remodeled skull shape through massage and medication we could stop alopecia ,bones are pliable so exerting slight pressure over them can change their shape. May be I am sounded nonsense but comment anyway.

This is a remodeled skull, a practice with native indians in SouthAmerica
151125140732_craneos_deformados3_624x351_alfonsodurrutyajpa_nocredit.jpg

Acording to this theory, what about hairloss in the crown area?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your honesty, but
Clearly dear friend, in this case, crown is the hairiest area, only a hughe recending line
View attachment 112605

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151119-the-people-who-reshaped-their-skulls
Thanks for link!
I am talking about general observation which is true in most cases but there are always exceptions. This man could be exception or may be the depression in frontal bone might have protected his crown from galeal tension .

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that in fact it did not. Ten years later hair began to fall out again.
Seriously we need studies to asses fate of transplanted hairs. Galeal tension seems to be most plausible explanation for baldness.there is study where researcher had found that hairs transplanted by foliculer unit extraction method miniaturised because the were not planted with surrounding tissue as in strip method. Also top scalp is tighter by pull of surrounding muscles behaves like drum skin and chronic pull for years creates fibrosis and less vascularized tissue ,so even reducing tension on scalp dosebt always grow back hairs.but botox method to reduce scalp tension grows hairs par finasteride use.

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a theory that states Dobberman dogs have heads smaller than they should be to properly store their brains, causing strong pain and driving them towards aggressive behaviours.
Maybe there is something like this involved in baldness: two genetic pools that lead to heads that overgrow and start to harm hair folicles.
Usually bald people tend to have larger foreheads, larger amounts of body hair and this might be due to the effect of androgens.
Although, I have to say I've seen people with this head shape that weren't bald... like my grandpa...
Just wondering...

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a theory that states Dobberman dogs have heads smaller than they should be to properly store their brains, causing strong pain and driving them towards aggressive behaviours.
Maybe there is something like this involved in baldness: two genetic pools that lead to heads that overgrow and start to harm hair folicles.
Usually bald people tend to have larger foreheads, larger amounts of body hair and this might be due to the effect of androgens.
Although, I have to say I've seen people with this head shape that weren't bald... like my grandpa...
Just wondering...

Good thoughts but no. I have seen multiple head shapes like you suggest and they still have hair. I have almost zero hair on my arms and chest. Its even so litle people ask if i shave my arms and im still losing hair.

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good thoughts but no. I have seen multiple head shapes like you suggest and they still have hair. I have almost zero hair on my arms and chest. Its even so litle people ask if i shave my arms and im still losing hair.

Actually these are good news.
Cause I think if it was due to some physical trait, it would be harder to solve.
In my mind the strongest link might be something related to chronic inflammation.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This theory is so close to hitting the answer. But based on my experience so far its not 100%. For 8 months i was on 1mg of finasteride zero success. So i dropped it to .25mg. And i started to do scalp massages. Hair is coming back on my temples like very slowly tho.

The theory keeps saying that tension causes hair follicles to shrink. Thats wrong. Just look up mechanical tension hair thickening study. In healthy men the hair follicle thickened under tension and that makes sense! Under tension muscles get bigger. Skin expands.

whats most likely happening is calcification is leading to tenion damage to the galea and that damage is causing reduced blood flow. Just look up calcification tendonitis. Tendons often calcify under tension. Tendons made up of the same material the galea is made of Have little blood flow and very limited mobility. The tension doesn't affect the hair directly.

Here i uploaded a screenshot where it was found that calcification in the prostate occurs in 75% of middle aged men def around the samer percentage men experience baldness. Your androgen sensitivity. Your androgen levels and ur predisposition to calcify and your posture is probably all at play to cause hair loss.

The study that showed hairy men responded better to finasteride was either they had high dht or they were more sensitive to it.

Whatever causes calcification is the problem.

Omega 6 is one thing that increases calcification we have seen a rise in balding and a rise in the omega 6 consumption.

Furthermore we have seen a rise in less time spent outdoors. Less vitamin D less shuttling of calcium.

While many people like to quote the middle east as a place where people get tons of sun and lots of balding the fact is middle eastern people often spend most of their time indoors and often cover their heads.

Many times we have heard people say their hair is better in the summer. Of course it is.

The whole thin scalp vs thick scalp is really not that important. My mother has a full head of hair her scalp is thinner than mine. My dad is bald and his scalp is basically as thin as my mothers.

Polymorphism in vdr may be one culprit in those immune to hairloss, they just may be better regulate calcium. Also androgen sensitivity.

People who are constantly exposed to the sun such as indigenous tribes are the best examples of how vdr has a huge part to play!

just cause you remove calcification doesn't mean hair will grow back. Calcification cause programming and that programming needs other things to be reversed if even possible since their may be permanent damage.

Recent hair loss suffers are at best odds of getting their hair back

https://www.kidney-international.org/article/S0085-2538(15)54452-9/pdf

This study talks about fetuin a. Its known for reducing calcification. Funny enough vitamin d analong in the study posted above was shown to increase it.

A reader mentioned earlier in the thread the gene that balding people were missing
For
Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA synthase

That is responsible for HMG-CoA and CoA

these are heavily related to Atherosclerosis. Which is calcification and highly correlated with male pattern baldness.

Before anyone says i take a sh*t load of vitamin D. Your vitamin d serum levels doesnt mean anything. Its the tissue levels that matter. Its may be that activated vitamin d is compromised in the area of balding scalp

My suggestion. Have a good posture! Especially neck posture! Massage your neck muscles and scalp and head muscles constantly. Supplement magnesium and get sun on that head!

Attachments

• 465EF425-848E-4033-AC54-278E6BA71B62.png
    465EF425-848E-4033-AC54-278E6BA71B62.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This theory is so close to hitting the answer. But based on my experience so far its not 100%. For 8 months i was on 1mg of finasteride zero success. So i dropped it to .25mg. And i started to do scalp massages. Hair is coming back on my temples like very slowly tho.

The theory keeps saying that tension causes hair follicles to shrink. Thats wrong. Just look up mechanical tension hair thickening study. In healthy men the hair follicle thickened under tension and that makes sense! Under tension muscles get bigger. Skin expands.

whats most likely happening is calcification is leading to tenion damage to the galea and that damage is causing reduced blood flow. Just look up calcification tendonitis. Tendons often calcify under tension. Tendons made up of the same material the galea is made of Have little blood flow and very limited mobility. The tension doesn't affect the hair directly.

Here i uploaded a screenshot where it was found that calcification in the prostate occurs in 75% of middle aged men def around the samer percentage men experience baldness. Your androgen sensitivity. Your androgen levels and ur predisposition to calcify and your posture is probably all at play to cause hair loss.

The study that showed hairy men responded better to finasteride was either they had high dht or they were more sensitive to it.

Whatever causes calcification is the problem.

Omega 6 is one thing that increases calcification we have seen a rise in balding and a rise in the omega 6 consumption.

Furthermore we have seen a rise in less time spent outdoors. Less vitamin D less shuttling of calcium.

While many people like to quote the middle east as a place where people get tons of sun and lots of balding the fact is middle eastern people often spend most of their time indoors and often cover their heads.

Many times we have heard people say their hair is better in the summer. Of course it is.

The whole thin scalp vs thick scalp is really not that important. My mother has a full head of hair her scalp is thinner than mine. My dad is bald and his scalp is basically as thin as my mothers.

Polymorphism in vdr may be one culprit in those immune to hairloss, they just may be better regulate calcium. Also androgen sensitivity.

People who are constantly exposed to the sun such as indigenous tribes are the best examples of how vdr has a huge part to play!

just cause you remove calcification doesn't mean hair will grow back. Calcification cause programming and that programming needs other things to be reversed if even possible since their may be permanent damage.

Recent hair loss suffers are at best odds of getting their hair back

https://www.kidney-international.org/article/S0085-2538(15)54452-9/pdf

This study talks about fetuin a. Its known for reducing calcification. Funny enough vitamin d analong in the study posted above was shown to increase it.

A reader mentioned earlier in the thread the gene that balding people were missing
For
Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA synthase

That is responsible for HMG-CoA and CoA

these are heavily related to Atherosclerosis. Which is calcification and highly correlated with male pattern baldness.

Before anyone says i take a sh*t load of vitamin D. Your vitamin d serum levels doesnt mean anything. Its the tissue levels that matter. Its may be that activated vitamin d is compromised in the area of balding scalp

My suggestion. Have a good posture! Especially neck posture! Massage your neck muscles and scalp and head muscles constantly. Supplement magnesium and get sun on that head!

Still doesn’t make sense otherwise transplanted hairs wouldn’t continue growing in this area of the head. Also in studies follicles they’ve taken follicles from the top and transplanted them to the back of the head for observation and they still miniaturised fully .

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still doesn’t make sense otherwise transplanted hairs wouldn’t continue growing in this area of the head. Also in studies follicles they’ve taken follicles from the top and transplanted them to the back of the head for observation and they still miniaturised fully .

thats cause the transplanted follicles from the back havent been programmed to minituriaze yet. Hair transplanted follicles more than likely would begin miniaturizing again after 15 years but since androgen levels are dropping as well the rate may even be longer.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
thats cause the transplanted follicles from the back havent been programmed to minituriaze yet. Hair transplanted follicles more than likely would begin miniaturizing again after 15 years but since androgen levels are dropping as well the rate may even be longer.

From what I’ve seen, transplanted hairs remain thick and healthy for life - at least until the point of which the sides and back miniaturise with old age 70+ .

I doubt that the likes of Tsuji would be balancing billions of dollars of research towards a ‘cure’ on a hope that his transplanted cell hairs will just miniaturise.

Also there is no explanation for the ‘programming’ of follicles. If the scalp tension theory was the true cause of Androgenetic Alopecia then a healthy follicle from the back transplanted into a blood deprived area should begin to die straight away .

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, transplanted hairs remain thick and healthy for life - at least until the point of which the sides and back miniaturise with old age 70+ .

I doubt that the likes of Tsuji would be balancing billions of dollars of research towards a ‘cure’ on a hope that his transplanted cell hairs will just miniaturise.

Also there is no explanation for the ‘programming’ of follicles. If the scalp tension theory was the true cause of Androgenetic Alopecia then a healthy follicle from the back transplanted into a blood deprived area should begin to die straight away .

well when you cause deep wounds wouldnt that cause vegf to upregulate and cause new blood flow to the transplanted cells until that blood flow is affected much further later on in life?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplanted hair follicles of bald men are not immune to balding ,they contains low androgen receptors and good dht drainage so they survives, but if bald person lives toward 100 he would be bald by that age .

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most scientists have agreed upon the fact that some people are more sensitive to dht.in fact all people are sensitive, given enough time and androgen all men would experience severe hairloss.