Why The Galea Is The Fundamental Cause Of Male Pattern Balding (& Androgens Are Secondary)

Morganado

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a man which has all his follicles intact and measure his skin thickness as he is losing hair, you will see that skin gets thin parallel with hair loss meaning that its not first thin skin -> hair loss bat rather hair loss -> think skin. This study is comparing someone who is bald to someone who is not bald.
Also what is the cause of thin skin in that theory? Genetics?
In this thread we are discussing the theory of tension. So I guess that is the cause…

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anecdotal, but i had been doing massages for a couple of months prior to starting finasteride. Immediately after starting finasteride my scalp feels much less tighter.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did she bald after she expanded her head with a transplant?

U can tell she was already baldinf and she expanded her head so she already didnt have much for coverage and by adding more volume it appears that way

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

100Rings

My Regimen
Reaction score
Retrograde alocpexia is Androgenetic Alopecia. Happens on the nape and above the ears. These areas don’t have tension like the other spots on the scalp. Yet for some they thin out. The scalp theory is weak but I would like a good argument to what I pointed out and I am more inclined to believe it then
Female pattern hair loss is adrogenic as well and yet it isn't meditated by tension (or at least it does not appear to be) so this isn't the smoking gun you think it is. Androgens in the scalp can behave a number of ways for a number of different reasons. Tension is just one of the mediators, just as hormonal shifts during menopause is a mediator for FPH. More study needs to be done on the topic for a definitive answer, it may have nothing to do with tension. However, that doesn't have any bearing on the tension mediated formation of the traditional norwood pattern. Two separate things impacting androgen activity could be happening at the same time (which might explain the relative rarity. of retrograde alopecia). The effects of tension in hair loss is severely understudied in general and more research is sorely needed. By no means has the full story been uncovered yet. Tension does appear to be the clearest path towards coherent pathology though.