Why The Galea Is The Fundamental Cause Of Male Pattern Balding (& Androgens Are Secondary)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently just came off diane35 since it seemed to do little for me. I’m hoping that growth factors are magic

You really should try topical Estrogen and topical Progesterone together, in high dosages. That and spironolactone, if you're not
already doing that.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When do you plan to start the growth factors? Do you have a link to any info?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
9B8A1752-723C-453D-A48F-0CF3251F18F3.jpeg
That's also a good sign. It is very easy and rapid for miniaturizing hairs to reverse and thicken up in my experience - much faster than growing from nothing. My deep thinning reversed in the span of 2-3 months once I got on a good treatment despite continuing to shed from Telogen Effluvium at the exact same time, because those areas were just miniaturized and not truly "bald".

You're working hard, but you still have lots of things you can do. I would keep your head down and keep working. Life is not fair and we don't get equally easy problems to face or fix, but if you keep working at it, I'm sure one or a combination of those approaches I listed should reverse the problem. As I said, you may have already just fixed the biggest problem, but it will still take time to see the outcome. So just keep working on the rest in the mean time so you can be sure you've covered everything and don't stop.
Well i do feel like I lose so much hair that it’s almlst impossible to undo all the damage that’s been done. I mean, in a year and a half I’ve gone from Left to right. That’s a lot of hair man. But as I said, if I could reverse what’s still there but miniturised, things would be far better

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow so this happened all within a years time? Your hair is amazingly thick and looked really healthy.
It’s salvagable...something is bound to work. I wish I knew what to recommend..there are so many treatment options in the works....they just need to be launched.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried spironolactone with no luck and I take oral estradiol 6mg with 100mg prog

Personally I think getting a doctor/clinic to prescribe topical and a good
compounding pharmacy would make a lot of difference.

With dermarolling and estrogen, I got some terminal hair (not a lot, you could count it
on one hand).

But unfortunately, it also gave me man boobs. So, no more topical estrogen for
me.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think getting a doctor/clinic to prescribe topical and a good
compounding pharmacy would make a lot of difference.

With dermarolling and estrogen, I got some terminal hair (not a lot, you could count it
on one hand).

But unfortunately, it also gave me man boobs. So, no more topical estrogen for
me.
You have to remember that estrogens/progesterones work differently for men and women. Often men will have amazing results whilst women don’t. Our hairloss is quite different.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow so this happened all within a years time? Your hair is amazingly thick and looked really healthy.
It’s salvagable...something is bound to work. I wish I knew what to recommend..there are so many treatment options in the works....they just need to be launched.
That first photo was taken in December 2016. It’s only been a year and a half between those two photos.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever been able to pin point the trigger? For a year and half it seems aggressive...only because your hair was so thick..doesn’t look too bad now either but you can definitely see the difference in the side by side photo.
Please keep us posted on the growth factors and how that works for you.
It seems so vain but it’s not...it’s a really big deal to lose hair and people who don’t go through it don’t get it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever been able to pin point the trigger? For a year and half it seems aggressive...only because your hair was so thick..doesn’t look too bad now either but you can definitely see the difference in the side by side photo.
Please keep us posted on the growth factors and how that works for you.
It seems so vain but it’s not...it’s a really big deal to lose hair and people who don’t go through it don’t get it.
It is very aggressive and was from the beginning (2014). I believe that the trigger was a mixture of menopausal level female sex hormones, chronically elevated cortisol and androgen levels, and coming off the pill earlier in the year that it all started. What happened was that my hair simply stopped growing altogether. That included my body hair. So I believe it began around jan-feb 2014 and I noticed that my hairline had really recedes and density decreased by June that year. I was thinking today about how in menopause, women’s hairlines tend to thin out but not necessarily recede. My mother’s menopausal hairloss is very much like that. Thin hair globally, and very sparse hairline. No miniturisation. However, because I have the hereditary predisposition towards Androgenetic Alopecia from my dad, when I began to lose hair like a menopausal women from low estrogen, I had the hereditary dht fuckery factor which caused all those hairs to miniturise leading to recession. It has only been in the past year that the top of my head has begun to become noticeable. The bit behind my bangs was much thinner than everywhere else since late 2015. I knkw that my dad started losing hair in his 20’s and he has very thin hair everywhere now but it took years. I’m kind of just a freak. Here’s a comparison of the beginning of 2014 to July that year. I can say with great confidence that my hairline is lower these days thanks to minoxidil (photo of me attached in grey dress from 2 weeks ago) but overall sh*t it a lot worse. If I could just get like a years worth of density back and keep it, I would be fine.

Attachments

• 1B41CC82-47D3-4CDB-8950-7F3AE4DA95B1.jpeg
    1B41CC82-47D3-4CDB-8950-7F3AE4DA95B1.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 633
  • C6CFF443-A875-421D-B7CE-DD7249705CE6.jpeg
    C6CFF443-A875-421D-B7CE-DD7249705CE6.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is very aggressive and was from the beginning (2014). I believe that the trigger was a mixture of menopausal level female sex hormones, chronically elevated cortisol and androgen levels, and coming off the pill earlier in the year that it all started.

I was thinking today about how in menopause, women’s hairlines tend to thin out but not necessarily recede. My mother’s menopausal hairloss is very much like that. Thin hair globally, and very sparse hairline. No miniturisation. However, because I have the hereditary predisposition towards Androgenetic Alopecia from my dad, when I began to lose hair like a menopausal women from low estrogen, I had the hereditary dht fuckery factor which caused all those hairs to miniturise leading to recession. I know that my dad started losing hair in his 20’s and he has very thin hair everywhere now but it took years.

If I could just get like a years worth of density back and keep it, I would be fine.

That's exactly how I have come to conceptualize your hair loss as well, so at least we're on the same page there.

ie. Primarily menopausal/estrogenic superimposed on an androgenic predisposition, and likely with an initial cortisol/stress trigger from the weight loss that led to your premature menopause.

A year's recovery is easy to get with such rapid miniaturization and still good baby hairs. I expect you'll get more than that if you can just get to the right cocktail and doses. Like I listed above, there's still plenty for you to try, so don't be too discouraged. Just keep trying.

If what we've agreed on is correct, then it's all still treatable, and you're likely getting close to where you need to be. I think it's just been snowballing like an avalanche from the years of bad signalling, and it's going to take some time to turn that around even with the right meds.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's exactly how I have come to conceptualize your hair loss as well, so at least we're on the same page there.

ie. Primarily menopausal/estrogenic superimposed on an androgenic predisposition, and likely with an initial cortisol/stress trigger from the weight loss that led to your premature menopause.

A year's recovery is easy to get with such rapid miniaturization and still good baby hairs. I expect you'll get more than that if you can just get to the right cocktail and doses. Like I listed above, there's still plenty for you to try, so don't be too discouraged. Just keep trying.

If what we've agreed on is correct, then it's all still treatable, and you're likely getting close to where you need to be. I think it's just been snowballing like an avalanche from the years of bad signalling, and it's going to take some time to turn that around even with the right meds.
I feel in the end I will need to remain on potent antiandrogen therapy, stay on a steady dose of female hormone, and find a growth stimulant that fixes the rapid cycling of my hair (obviously not minoxidil). I feel I will need to address the cortisol issues somehow also but I don’t think supplements are useful. I think tacking oxidative stress and stress response factors locally are my best bet, and indeed the agf which contains a few ingredients which are antioxidant etc could help. I do think also that an element of massage or scalp tension relief could be helpful. The Botox theory isn’t totally off the cards for me.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @IdealForehead

can you explain what botox is for hair? I searched in Google, but there are only beauty procedures for women. How is the procedure used for botox for hair?
also I would like to ask about a head massage, whether massage can stimulate hair growth. in the Russian forum the guy laid out his massage results and they are quite good.
wow do you have the link for the forum thread ? and was he doing the detumescence therapy as preached by Rob ?

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
It is very aggressive and was from the beginning (2014). I believe that the trigger was a mixture of menopausal level female sex hormones, chronically elevated cortisol and androgen levels, and coming off the pill earlier in the year that it all started. What happened was that my hair simply stopped growing altogether. That included my body hair. So I believe it began around jan-feb 2014 and I noticed that my hairline had really recedes and density decreased by June that year. I was thinking today about how in menopause, women’s hairlines tend to thin out but not necessarily recede. My mother’s menopausal hairloss is very much like that. Thin hair globally, and very sparse hairline. No miniturisation. However, because I have the hereditary predisposition towards Androgenetic Alopecia from my dad, when I began to lose hair like a menopausal women from low estrogen, I had the hereditary dht fuckery factor which caused all those hairs to miniturise leading to recession. It has only been in the past year that the top of my head has begun to become noticeable. The bit behind my bangs was much thinner than everywhere else since late 2015. I knkw that my dad started losing hair in his 20’s and he has very thin hair everywhere now but it took years. I’m kind of just a freak. Here’s a comparison of the beginning of 2014 to July that year. I can say with great confidence that my hairline is lower these days thanks to minoxidil (photo of me attached in grey dress from 2 weeks ago) but overall sh*t it a lot worse. If I could just get like a years worth of density back and keep it, I would be fine.

From looking at your recent pic, I don't think anyone can tell you suffer from hair loss. You look as beautiful as your old pic.

wow do you have the link for the forum thread ? and was he doing the detumescence therapy as preached by Rob ?

Dt is useless bro, I did that for almost 2 years, didn't do sh*t for me, other than gave me really bad arthritis on my wrist.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
From looking at your recent pic, I don't think anyone can tell you suffer from hair loss. You look as beautiful as your old pic.

Dt is useless bro, I did that for almost 2 years, didn't do sh*t for me, other than gave me really bad arthritis on my wrist.
Thank you <3 fingers crossed I can get at least a quarter of that old hair back

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed. Georgie if I saw you on the street I would never guess you have an issue with hair. I would probably think wow lucky her she’s got great hair just like the majority of woman. I’m too scarred to mess with my hormones because sometimes it makes things worse but obviously you seem to be maintaining. I’m sure you’ll find the right concoction to get it where you want. I’m still holding out for Brotzu and Hopefully in the next few years Follicum pulls through along with several others. We just need some real options.

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Left set of photos, on the right.

Is that u after hooking up on oral minoxidil? If u notice, your face is rounder- that's an effect of minoxidil. Also, u said u have higher 'androgen levels'- have u tested for PCOS before? I know about this cos my ex had PCOS(not the reason why we parted ways) and her dad, younger and older brothers were all balding, while she herself- was overweight and had a greasy scalp in addition to diffused hair loss. Her room was full of her hair everywhere(i knew they were hers and not mine cos they were very long). Women with PCOS are either too thin or fat- they are never 'just nice'. She probably inherited it from her mum who was overweight too.

She also confided in me that she would have a hard time conceiving.

Last edited: