Why The Galea Is The Fundamental Cause Of Male Pattern Balding (& Androgens Are Secondary)

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
It has to do with fat. You lose fat it those areas and fat helps protect hair.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 86421
Well i do feel like I lose so much hair that it’s almlst impossible to undo all the damage that’s been done. I mean, in a year and a half I’ve gone from Left to right. That’s a lot of hair man. But as I said, if I could reverse what’s still there but miniturised, things would be far better
Good lord almighty you're gorgeous

~ Disliked by betas ~

Last edited:

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's basically the same as saying that follicles on top of the head are prone to Androgens. Whats the point of this theory then?

It could be a bad luck also. There are studies saying that people with baldness are more likely to have heart diseases. So your saying is wrong.
Heart disease is modern day disease . I think it was rare in our ancestors time. Baldness could have been evolved to fool predators. Imagine a Norwood 6 man ,predator looking at him from behind. What would predator see? A bare top half and bushy( like beard )bottom half. It would create an illusion of a face . ,front face and back face both at once.it is fact that most predators attack from behind,so that fake back face created by baldness could have benefited during hunting in old age.
Far stretch but I think it hold water

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Heart disease is modern day disease . I think it was rare in our ancestors time. Baldness could have been evolved to fool predators. Imagine a Norwood 6 man ,predator looking at him from behind. What would predator see? A bare top half and bushy( like beard )bottom half. It would create an illusion of a face . ,front face and back face both at once.it is fact that most predators attack from behind,so that fake back face created by baldness could have benefited during hunting in old age.
Far stretch but I think it hold water

Most likely the predator thought the Norwood 6 man was sick and went for the tastier looking NW1. Thus reducing the NW1 gene so we are NW6 so we can survive.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good lord almighty you're gorgeous

I don't think she is into bald men :-( :-( (that should be on my family crest)

also if this Galea is responsible for male pattern baldness... why don't women suffer male pattern baldness in the same quantities that men do?

i think maybe male pattern baldness did evolve so that it forced families to stay together = increasing the survival chances of a mans offspring.
A NW1 caveman would have sex with a woman and produce children. then, a prettier girl would come along and he would abandon those children and be with the pretty cavegirl. this meant his children had no protection and less food and so they died.
A man with male pattern baldness on the other hand, had his children and then lost his hair and became a NW6. well the pretty cavegirl is no longer interested in being with this man (she runs away) so he is forced to stay with his original partner and so raises his children.
= the male pattern baldness gene gives an advantage to survival of offspring

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, if male pattern baldness had such a pivotal role within our evolution as humans, then certainly the occurrence of said trait would be far greater than that of an individual that isn't experiencing baldness. We would've completely evolved away from the needance of scalp hair, just as scientist tells we evolved away from an abundance of body hair.
AR gene which is strongly related to baldness is on the X chromosome and recent research suggest that AR gene ,genes upstream /downstream to AR gene were positively selected ,this selection is recent and positive. If no cure will found in next 15000 + years we would see glittering man heads everywhere.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely the predator thought the Norwood 6 man was sick and went for the tastier looking NW1. Thus reducing the NW1 gene so we are NW6 so we can survive.
Could be true by this idea. But those who have to say that baldness is neutral should think again. I mean why did nature care to modify 300 genes which would result in neutral and negative trait.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This theory again ? Will nature make us loose hair so we can have sunburns, skin melanomas on scalp, increased risk of cancer...yeah right...
Nature just have genetic glitches, a lot of them, more horrendous than Androgenetic Alopecia.

Not a single trait of Androgenetic Alopecia matches the evolution theory.

Hair are on our head for a very specific reason, and this reason is UV radiation

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The one thing we can say with absolute certainty is discussing things on the internet is mostly pointless and that the majority of people can only think in absolutes. Another point of interest is human tendency to tribalism even stretches to scientific theories they don’t fully understand. It’s not necessarily a criticism, but people feel entitled to certain axioms - or planks of understanding - which they’re very reluctant to let go of.

inmyhead

Reaction score
The one thing we can say with absolute certainty is discussing things on the internet is mostly pointless and that the majority of people can only think in absolutes. Another point of interest is human tendency to tribalism even stretches to scientific theories they don’t fully understand. It’s not necessarily a criticism, but people feel entitled to certain axioms - or planks of understanding - which they’re very reluctant to let go of.
I agree with you, this theory was debunked way too many times to be worth discussing.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well, i was just quoting Darwin here, nothing more, but people here tend to bring 200 years of Darwinism down the drain, don't know why tho

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Galea theory can't explain NW7 baldness.because NW7 region is not overlying to galea. The proponents stated that gene expression in hair follicles above galea changes over time due to mechanical tension,there is no proof of that argument. A specific gene can whisper or speak loud in different body part is nonsense.if Gene AR upregulation was true we would see higher over expression of AR gene in buttocks bc it is under constant mechanical stress. People also complaints hair on buttocks.
Total nonsense theory ,I request to close this thread.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So did anyone here ever have success with just scalp exercises and massages?

WHLX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Galea theory can't explain NW7 baldness.because NW7 region is not overlying to galea. People also complaints hair on buttocks. Total nonsense theory ,I request to close this thread.

The NW7 region is not overlying the galea?

Hair on buttocks?

Baldness could have evolved to fool hunters?

Are you an Androgen Hypothesis advocate Mandar?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
The NW7 region is not overlying the galea?

Hair on buttocks?

Baldness could have evolved to fool hunters?

Are you an Androgen Hypothesis advocate Mandar?
Am not advocating any hypothesis. But telling people a white lie is not good. Galea theory is there to increase botox industry revenue. Just like other pharmaceuticals has been doing so far by paid research.
Newly Found drug DRACO could kill any virus including HIV but giant pharmas and governments are not keen to put forward this drug because it would be a blow to big pharmaceuticals. The inventor of DRACO is now forced to crowd funding.
Our illnesses are lucrative for some billion dollars corporations and governments