Why is BALDNESS perceived as UGLINESS by so many?

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
Its mainly a problem in the US. Head to Europe and you will find that most chicks really dont give a sh*t one way or the other. The shaved look actually looks really really good on some czech/russian people imo.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is the I-am-losing-hair-and-am-trying-to-come-up-with-a-regimen-to-keep-and-regrow-hair website not, not the hug-me-I-am-balding site.

Coming on here and suggesting we shave our heads like Chris Daughtry is not in the spirit of the website, the vast majority of users are trying to AVOID that look. Don't make me post mean comments about the losers who carry on and on, grow a sack and do something about it or get the heck out!

John

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
If some guys on here don't get a grip on reality though what's left for them if their regimes don't work, or don't give them the improvements they wanted?

It's really important to keep some perspective.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":1c015][quote="GrowHairGrow!":1c015]I don't know, man... not everyone thinks baldness is ugly. I think it's more of a problem in the States than for example here in Finland. Balding is so common in here that I don't think most people view it as ugly. But I've often thought that why the hell are men supposed to shave all other hair except head hair?! What the f*** is up with that?

o rly? since its not a bid idea in finland what prompted you to go online and search for this forum...lol[/quote:1c015]

Because it bothers me personally, I like heavy metal so having hair was part of my image. But I see a lot of bald young men here and not a lot of them seem that troubled about it. Lot of BBC'ers also. You're a negative person btw, always looking for trouble even on a hairloss forum. I bet you ain't all that in real life.

Taugenichts said:
When you have a good face there will still be women attracted to you, but you will have to lower your standards. You might also try to compensate your baldness, for example by working out and getting a good body. But the fact remains: You would always be better looking if you still had all your hair.

It's funny how you and CCS should come up with these facts from time to time. You measure everything in percentages, like people are robots or something.[/quote:1c015]

no...just certain people on here...

neomonk

Reaction score
klink said:
This is the I-am-losing-hair-and-am-trying-to-come-up-with-a-regimen-to-keep-and-regrow-hair website not, not the hug-me-I-am-balding site.

Coming on here and suggesting we shave our heads like Chris Daughtry is not in the spirit of the website, the vast majority of users are trying to AVOID that look. Don't make me post mean comments about the losers who carry on and on, grow a sack and do something about it or get the heck out!

John

You're wrong. This is a website that is about discussing hairloss. We are all going to lose our hair period. Whether it will be aggressive or not, who's to say. It's pretentious for you to make a judgement on what someone does with their hair and what the "spirit" of thw website is. The "spirit" of the website is not to bash other people and their own ways of dealing with hairloss. SOme might stop masturbating, some may use green leaves rubbing on their heads. etc etc. Who are we to judge? Each person has their own regimen. And shaving your head and accepting being bald is also a regimen in itself. So stop living in denial...your hair looks like sh*t anyways, let's be honest. Come talk to us when you're 50, even if you've taken all the propecia in the world your crown bald spot will get worse. So you sack up and go play with your family and don't subject your kids to the superficial levels that you've consumed yourself with.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I think alot of men look fine with bald heads. However, I doubt they care what a caveman like me thinks of their appearance! :p

barcafan

Reaction score
klink said:

John

What the hell are you talking about. The url is HairlossTALK.com, not Hairlossregimens.com

And who are you to say what's in the spirit of the website and what isn't. Allow people to vent and whatnot as long as it isn't malicious is what i say.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Having hair is about having choices. The choice to reinvent yourself over and over again. To change styles. To project whatever image you want to the world. To be creative.
When you are bald you have the same image every f*****g day.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Having hair is about having choices. The choice to reinvent yourself over and over again. To change styles. To project whatever image you want to the world. To be creative.

That sounds like something out of Zoolander. 99 out of 100 people wouldnt notice if you changed your style to whatever apart from if you looked like a complete and utter muppet.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:

That sounds like something out of Zoolander. 99 out of 100 people wouldnt notice if you changed your style to whatever apart from if you looked like a complete and utter muppet.

I disagree. I always got comments on my great hair in the past. Especially from the ladies but even from guys too. And I loved changing my style radically and often. It was fun and it was good for my self esteem. Right now I'd like to keep it short like Mathew Fox on Lost but I can't anymore because I'd have a stripe right down the middle where it is thinning. So I am left with few choices. I hate even going to the hairstylist anymore it is depressing. And the lighting used there always shows off my thin top in a bad way when my hair is wet and parted down the middle.

CCS

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
haunted-ballroom said:
The site has become really depressing... Is it just me or does anyone else think so? Seriously reading post after post about how woman wont get attracted to a bald man is really depressing. Before I ever knew I was losing my hair, I used to think the bald look was really cool on some people and even wanted to try it myself. But now, I just have this really bad idea of baldness in my head and its come from reading so much of these types of threads.

When you have a good face there will still be women attracted to you, but you will have to lower your standards. You might also try to compensate your baldness, for example by working out and getting a good body. But the fact remains: You would always be better looking if you still had all your hair.

Very good, very good.

G

I am ugly with or without hair, I have accepted that, but I want hair. I want it for myself not for other people.

antonio666

Reaction score
taug ,you deserve hair because you desire it like me,i hope something good happend to your hair on avodart you deserve some better luck

s.a.f

Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:

Scientific fact, as proven by phsychological studies the ability to be able to express yourself through your appearance is an important part of basic human interaction.
Besides the clothes you wear the way you choose to have your hair is probably the most significant way that you can express your individual style through appearance.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I can kind of see your point about expressing yourself but there are other ways to do this such as human interaction using charisma and charm. Also I think everyone is trying to be like a supermodel these days whereas they arent, plain and simple!

S.A.F.- I know this is off point but I was reading a thread earlier and I think I remember you saying you had hair transplants. I was wondering whether you have suffered any loss from these implants/transplants/whatever you want to call them? Or are they still going strong? and how long have you had them?

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
its cos baldness is a sign of ageing, and due to evolutionary stuff women look for younger men to have babies with. its percieved as unnatractive for the same reason wrinkles and grey hair are.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
I can kind of see your point about expressing yourself but there are other ways to do this such as human interaction using charisma and charm. Also I think everyone is trying to be like a supermodel these days whereas they arent, plain and simple!

No your missing the point I'm talking about the way that you are seen which is the initial way that you are accesssed in the eyes of the general public, obviously talking to people comes afterwards.

S.A.F.- I know this is off point but I was reading a thread earlier and I think I remember you saying you had hair transplants. I was wondering whether you have suffered any loss from these implants/transplants/whatever you want to call them? Or are they still going strong? and how long have you had them?

I dont think that I've suffered any loss from them. As far as I'm aware everything that grew originally is still growing.
Remember there are guys out there who had old style plugs in the 70's and they are still growing strong.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
MSFB said:
its cos baldness is a sign of ageing, and due to evolutionary stuff women look for younger men to have babies with. its percieved as unnatractive for the same reason wrinkles and grey hair are.

No, your wrong.

Whilst it is true that men look for physical fit and attractive women, the reverse is not true. Women look for good providers, men who can look after her and her offspring.