Why is BALDNESS perceived as UGLINESS by so many?

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I have got no idea why this discussion goes on and on. It is just a fact that baldness makes one less attractive and most women prefer hairy men over bald men. It is just like being overweight. Think for yourself, how many of us are into overweight "girls". Yes, there are a few perverts such as Jayman who are into fat women, but most of us have normal tastes and we prefer slim women. It is the same with baldness. Get used to it, guys!

I hate skinny birds. size 6 and below is disgusting, no shape at all. But this is my opinion and Im not going to criticize people on here or anywhere for liking skinny girls.
I like 8-10 and maybe 12. 10 is probably ideal. To be quite honest girls who are a 10 have abit of fat on them? does this make me a pervert?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Itsonlyinmyhead said:
I have got no idea why this discussion goes on and on. It is just a fact that baldness makes one less attractive and most women prefer hairy men over bald men. It is just like being overweight. Think for yourself, how many of us are into overweight "girls". Yes, there are a few perverts such as Jayman who are into fat women, but most of us have normal tastes and we prefer slim women. It is the same with baldness. Get used to it, guys!

I hate skinny birds. size 6 and below is disgusting, no shape at all. But this is my opinion and Im not going to criticize people on here or anywhere for liking skinny girls.
I like 8-10 and maybe 12. 10 is probably ideal. To be quite honest girls who are a 10 have abit of fat on them? does this make me a pervert?

Don't listen to Taugenichts, he's just a dumb little emo.

My last gf was size 16, and an amazing shag 8)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stampede said:
Itsonlyinmyhead said:

Don't listen to Taugenichts, he's just a dumb little emo.

My last gf was size 16, and an amazing shag 8)

ewww

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

I think you need to worry a little less over it. By your standards no bald man has ever got laid!

If your confident, charasmatic and carry yourself well you will have no problem attracting the women with or without hair. Obsessing over losing your hair is a sure way to turn them away though. So if that's your plan, your doing well.

My mate at work has a absolutely stunning girlfriend, but yet could give Pierluigi Collina a run for his money in that lack of hair stakes.

G

The Dangerman said:
I think you need to worry a little less over it. By your standards no bald man has ever got laid!

If your confident, charasmatic and carry yourself well you will have no problem attracting the women with or without hair. Obsessing over losing your hair is a sure way to turn them away though. So if that's your plan, your doing well.

My mate at work has a absolutely stunning girlfriend, but yet could give Pierluigi Collina a run for his money in that lack of hair stakes.

Sry, plz read again what I have written. Baldness makes you less attractive, nothing more or less! Just like being overweight. I have got no idea why so many of you are in denial of this fact. Sure, there are other reasons why women love a man such as a good face or money. How much is your mate at work earning a year??

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Sry, plz read again what I have written. Baldness makes you less attractive, nothing more or less! Just like being overweight. I have got no idea why so many of you are in denial of this fact. Sure, there are other reasons why women love a man such as a good face or money. How much is your mate at work earning a year??
It means nothing though. I say baldness makes some men more attractive, however I will grant you this is generally the exception. You, me, and almost everyone in this world will never be perfect. There is always something that makes us "less attractive".

My mate at work earns less than me, although to be fair it's still quite a lot. However he is fun to be around, he's confident, he's interesting. That is why the women like him!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
When you have no self-confidence, no girl will find you attractive. Its like you lost the battle already before you could pull up a fight.

I aint got the perfect hair, but I am a very confident person. I learned it myself that one can be very charming without a perfect head of hair.

People like taug need more social skills than full heads of hair.

barcafan

Reaction score
Baldness Is definetly a negative trait. It all depends on how it just looks on the guy, some guys just seriously lose ALOT of 'points' when they go bald, but other guys (alot of black guys for example) it just almost looks natural and doesnt really take much away.... So i guess you gotta make sure it looks good on you.

jackstraw419

Reaction score
i agree that baldness is an undesirable trait.

if being bald is that attractive and not a concern for the majority of the population, why are we going through all these stress, time, and money to maintain or treat receding hair. we could have spent it on other things thats more productive, like more on investment.

because you are in a HairLossTalk.com forum. the participants will agree with you that baldness is attractive but if you step outside of its box, you will find yourself facing alot of social pressure, such as meeting women, prejudice or succeeding in interviews..

s.a.f

Reaction score
jackstraw419 said:

because you are in a HairLossTalk.com forum. the participants will agree with you that baldness is attractive but if you step outside of its box, you will find yourself facing alot of social pressure, such as meeting women, prejudice or succeeding in interviews..

Blondeguy is the only one on here who thinks baldness is great. :lol:

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score

Well to be quite honest it is. Ive always tried to maintain that it is a undesirable trait
BUT
its not your defining feature. Shave it, buzz it makes it look alot better when it gets to a certain point e.g. a shaved head is better than anything above a NW4(in my opinion). I really do think that a shaved head brings back abit of youth and also stops you panicing about your crappy thin hair.
Remember there are alot more parts to you physically and mentally than your hair

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
jackstraw419 said:
I'd say it's quite the reverse. How many millions of people over the world are bald, or are going bald? And how many post in this forum? The simple fact is most people don't view baldness as a massive thing, they just accept it.

For me personally I thought I would give it a try at keeping it, in the fear that I might regret it if I didn't give it a shot. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. My hair is not the only think I have got in my life.

So in summary - sure it's desirable to have hair, as I've always said. But it's not the life destroying, woman repelling thing that some members constantly go on about. What is repelling the women is their negative and unconfident attitude.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
jackstraw419 said:

He doesn't seem to post much nowadays.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
s.a.f said:
jackstraw419 said:

He doesn't seem to post much nowadays.

yah we lost a lot of good posters...blondeguy and dietcola to name a few.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO, balding increases the perception of a person's age. Baldness also doesn't look 'right' on everyone and can appear pretty bad at times.

G

bornthisway said:
IMO, balding increases the perception of a person's age. Baldness also doesn't look 'right' on everyone and can appear pretty bad at times.

Yeah I agree that it doesn't look right on everyone. I am a living proof of that, even a buzz cut looks bad on me. I need long hair but I have to accept the fact that I can probably never grow it out again.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
bornthisway said:

Yeah I agree that it doesn't look right on everyone. I am a living proof of that, even a buzz cut looks bad on me. I need long hair but I have to accept the fact that I can probably never grow it out again.

I think short hair (few inches) more or less works on most people. I love having my hair short versus long, longer hair IMO is also much harder to pull off! My hair used to look great long and short. lol. God, that wasn't that long ago either! I am optimistic about hair loss though -- my hair has appeared to have thickened up a good deal due to black currant oil or spirulina, it's REGROWING the hair I've lost in the past 6 months that I am in desperate NEED of... so I look good again.. My hair is long enough at the moment to look good but that's because it's covering up what's missing. :\

cruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
DAM, what a bunch of f***king babies on this site :roll: MAN up and bic it!!! get a tan, work out and you will look way better than some f** with long man hair. i would love to have hair back but the bic'd thing works great for me also, would not mind getting electroylosis so i would'nt have to save so much but my luck the cure would come out 4hrs later :lol: