Why Doesnt Oral Spironolactone Get Mentioned As Muh Asother Anti-androgens?

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you plan on dropping oestrogen once you reach your target Norwood/density?
No, it would be counterproductive.
Also I like the effects of estrogens, wish I started taking them in my teens :rolleyes:

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is Diane effective? It has only 2mg of Cypertone and 0.035mg of Estradiol, how is that enough to have a therapeutic concentration?
Not Estradiol, but Ethynilestradiol, huge difference: 100 mcg of EE (3 Diane 35 pill) is a full mtf transition dose, which enough to drop Testosterone to low female ranges even without antiandrogens. It's an equivalent of 8 mg of estradiol valerate!

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn that sounds awesome. Why do people tend to be more on Estradiol + antiandrogen than Diane 35 if its so effective?
Higher risks of blood clots. Nevertheless, millions of women take contraceptive pills with EE for decades without problems.
Low dose is less harmful than transition dose.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you doing with spironolactone? One month and five days taking dutasteride (loading dose of 17 days), and one week taking spironolactone 100mg. It's hard to see any hair falling, even when I pull. Since I started dutasteride I felt my scalp sore (not too much, and only in a few spots). Since I started spironolactone I don't feel that anymore. I'll maintain this dose for now.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think 1 dose of Diane 35 will be more effective than 2mg Estradiol e/d (in conjunction with 200mg spironolactone)?
Diane 35 with 200 mg spironolactone should be more effective.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading through this has inspired me to give oral spironolactone another go. I need some sort of anti androgen in my regimen and I do still have some spare spironolactone pills laying around somewhere.. I hope I don't shed badly again :rolleyes:

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did any of you guys had that awful scalp itch and got rid of it?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come back to the spironolactone club bro, we need more members :D Your hair looks great imo, why don't you try dutasteride, you don't need regrowth like I do so dutasteride may be enough Id guess
Haha thank you! My hair ain't so bad no but I don't want it to get any worse so I'm trying pretty much everything (eventually). I'm scared of dutasteride because finasteride was not kind to my hairline :/ I am tempted to jump back on the spironolactone wagon, we shall see what the future holds :)

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha thank you! My hair ain't so bad no but I don't want it to get any worse so I'm trying pretty much everything (eventually). I'm scared of dutasteride because finasteride was not kind to my hairline :/ I am tempted to jump back on the spironolactone wagon, we shall see what the future holds :)

If I can give my piece of advice. Try dutasteride first, all studies show it is more effective. Sometimes we tend to focus too much on hair and we have the feeling we loose more. Also there are period of sheddings. But in the overall there is no reason dutasterde should work less than finsateride.

I might Jump the spironolactone wagon also! But i wait a bit to see how my hair are going and also what are the results of my friends here. I think there has never been so many straight "normal" (sorry for the word) guys on spironolactone at the moment.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuckin hell

Its 2018 and men are forced to take tranny drugs to keep some of the hairs

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one is force feeding you Spironolactone and Estradiol, you can bald peacefully knowing the tranny movement has no interest in converting you to the tranny side. :eek:

subtle-fu.gif

I want norwood 0.5 + functioning dick + no gyno + no other negativ sides from estrogen

Is that too much to ask?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The soreness on my scalp came back today after almost one week of normality, since I started 100mg of spironolactone. Do you think I should wait or raise the dosage right away? And if I should wait, how long?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went on 200mg immediately, my hairloss is too extensive to go on small doses. On 200 I lost my sex drive tho and don't get erections so if your hairloss isn't too bad or you mind those sides than try staying on 100 a little longer and maybe add dutasteride.

Thanks, I'll do that, wait a little longer. I'm already on duta.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
200mg a day with the pill and 2mg oral minoxidil/5% topical didn’t stop my hairloss. In fact, being on spironolactone made me lose about 8kg and look drawn, tired and sick. I also found I got heart palpitations, swollen breasts and muscle weakness. Did f*** all except hurt my body. I have been off it for 2 years and the hairloss is the sane rate it always was. I’m now trying dutas 0.5mg once a day and RU. spironolactone is a hectic drug and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You continued balding on 200mg spironolactone and an oral contraceptive? Was the contraceptive Diane 35? Are you sure you have androgenic alopecia not another type of hairloss, I don't know how its even possible to continue balding on 200spiro and a contraceptive like Diane 35.
Yeah I had biopsies done and everything, and the pill i take is diane35. I have weird hairloss, almost like menopausal hairloss but my hormone issues are hypothalamic and pituitary. I have diffuse thinning of scalp, eyebrow and eyelash hair, and also (without minoxidil) hairline recession. I basically had no female hormones and recently discovered that my male hormones are low too, so in hindsight taking spironolactone which lowers test/androgens probably wasn’t a good option for me. I will say that taking the pill stabilises shedding to 80-150 a day whereas off it the shedding can be all over the place. I have a theory now that perhaps I need the androgens and testosterone, but I just don’t need the DHT. So here’s hoping Dutasteride and RU does the job.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems the pill was quite effective, I'm starting it soon, some take 3 of it a day, that would boost your E levels through the roof, but its a bit risky. Have you tried taking a Combined Hormone Contraceptive? That should have Progesterone in it that would help in Hairloss and restoring your Progesterone Levels, plus its the best contraceptive you can take in terms of pregnancy prevention so that's a bonus I guess.
I’m on a combined contraceptive, that’s what Diane35’ is, and is infact the highest dose pill you can get and uses cyproterone acetate 2mg also. It’s powerful, and contains a high amount of progesterone. The issue with taking too much of estrogen or progesterone as a female is how it screws with your ovaries. I’m already getting constant pain and bleeding on diane35 because the progesterone level is (for me) too high for the amount of estrogen. I have thought about taking extra estrogen to supplement it, but the long-term effects freak me out. Adding so many hormones to my body will have to one day stop, and I worry about what the fallout from that will be. My gyn wants me is to come off the pill completely because the issues progesterone has caused is so bad for me and taking extra E when I already take 35mg a day is simply unheard of and totally unsafe. I’m stuck, and for whatever reason my body just hates all hormones.