Why Doesnt Oral Spironolactone Get Mentioned As Muh Asother Anti-androgens?

HillTopLumber

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is Oral Spironolactone not mentioned as much as finasteride and dutasteride? Is it less effective or not effective enough to take? From what I read it reduced DHT quite significantely.

I was thinking of adding it to my dutasteride, finasteride and minoxidil routine, is anyone else taking it? Do you feel it is effective and worth the sides?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is Oral Spironolactone not mentioned as much as finasteride and dutasteride? Is it less effective or not effective enough to take? From what I read it reduced DHT quite significantely.

I was thinking of adding it to my dutasteride, finasteride and minoxidil routine, is anyone else taking it? Do you feel it is effective and worth the sides?

There is a strong risk of side effects with oral spironolactone, including gyno.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not mentioned because it’s kind of a taboo. Most guys are under the impression that you will turn into a girl while taking it. While there are higher risks of side effects that can seriously effect someone it wouldn’t turn you into a female without adding estrogen. However transsexuals M2F do take oral spironolactone to start their transformation by it androgen blocking abilities. It’s also hard to get because you will need to visit your doctor regularly because it can effect your heart. So try finding a doctor that will willingly put you on something as serious as this when you’re a healthy guy.
But from experience it does work. At least has for me. I’ve been on it for 2 years with no gyno and no sides. I’m healthy male with no problem los having sex or anything. I wrote a post about my whole experience and pics are in the thread of you want to read it and maybe investigate spironolactone for yourself. All the information is in the thread. Hope this helps.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/you-might-be-interested-in-reading-this.110443/

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can just monitor in your mirror how day by day your face turn into a femmale face.

There is a post in another forum, wich a guy nw7 regrowth to nw1 but he turned into a woman (he was gay so not a problem for him)

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can just monitor in your mirror how day by day your face turn into a femmale face.

There is a post in another forum, wich a guy nw7 regrowth to nw1 but he turned into a woman (he was gay so not a problem for him)

Can you provide a link, I'd very much like to read the thread.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your imput. After seeing your and some others peoples story of Oral spironolactone, ive decided to give it a try. The regrowth you have seen is amazing, I think its worth the risk.

Good for you on making the decision on your own. Good luck with it. I hope it works well for you. And keep us updated on any progress you’ve made.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi AmericanHairlines90, thank you for the very helpful answer. After seeing your success story and many others thanks to the the drug I have decided to go on the it myself. Could I ask you a couple of questions if that wont be too much of a hassle?

In your post you said you take 200mg of the oral spir, do you take 100mg in the morning and 100mg in the afternoon or do you take in one administration?

Do you avoid certain foods or exercise frequently to avoid gyno side effects? This is personally the side effect that worries me most.

Did you ever take oral minoxidil with your regime, I did not see it written in your post so I was wondering if oral spin is enough.

I have no problems answering any questions you have. Feel free. Whenever they arise.

I doubt you would just start out at 200mg of spironolactone.
Your doctor will start you off with a low dose for a few days to get your body used to it and then probably keep you on 100mg. That would be 50mg in the morning and 50mg at night. I did that for a year and maintained. After a year I thought I was upregulating just because of my history with medications so I asked my doctor to up my dose to 200mg. Which was agreed upon. I might not have been upregulating i think I was just nervous about every little hair that fell off my head.
It is one 100mg tablet in the morning and the other at night.
I don’t eat many bananas but you should watch your potassium intake because it can effect your body due to its ability in the body to hold onto potassium.
I do workout a lot. My nipples again were sensitive I believe because of the medication but it went away completely after a while. And I did not develop any gyno whatsoever. I’ve been on spironolactone for over 2 years now so I’d say I have a good idea about this stuff and how it effects me. But this might not be the case for everyone.
I have not tried oral minoxidil. I guess that’s something if my current plan fails I’d be looking into next.
I hope this helps answer your questions.
And FYI if you do develop side effect you can always stop taking the medication. And your body will naturally go back to how it originally was. Including Your Androgenetic Alopecia.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the response once again, your advice is very helpful.

The growth you have seen on your temples is astonishing, you have gave me hope I haven't felt in years friend! How long did it take to to get to a point where your hairline was at a 'acceptable' state? My hairline is almost identical to yours in the 'before' photos, with that regrowth I can finally be a hat slave no more.

I respond quickly. It took about 3-4months for it to thicken up regrow and fill in. If you stay on the medication and it works for you I’d say you’d have some thick hair in 6-7months. I mean using a blow dryer and hairspray to tame it. No kidding at all. I really hope this works well for you.
And please keep me updated. I’m definitely curious.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Because its more dangerous and risky then even FDA approved drugs for male pattern baldness like finasteride or dutasteride. Did you ever see the endless endless pages of debate on the safety of finasteride? Its never ending for decades it goes back. Your talking about a drug that is even stronger and more dangerous.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate, I got prescribed the Spironolatone, I was prescribed 50mg tho, I start tomorrow, Ill probably take 2 a day and hopefully Ill get prescribed 200mg next time I go.

Hey. You could get results at 100mg. I’d recommend starting at 100mg for a while and seeing how that works for you then increasing to 200mg off need be. Kind of like a back up plan so you have it. Just a recommendation. But glad to hear you’re moving along with your plan. And thank you for the update. Again any questions you have never hesitate.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey. You could get results at 100mg. I’d recommend starting at 100mg for a while and seeing how that works for you then increasing to 200mg off need be. Kind of like a back up plan so you have it. Just a recommendation. But glad to hear you’re moving along with your plan. And thank you for the update. Again any questions you have never hesitate.

Do you think it's possible, after you stop taking spironolactone, that your hair could get worse than baseline? Or you would only lose what you gained taking spironolactone?

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I been off my regimen for almost 6 days, now testosterone is slowly coming back...
Having a high libido and oily skin again is so depressive, wish antiandrogenic effect lasted much longer :(