Why Do People Want Kids? Is It Even Ethical?

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it sounds like a cope, but if you read biographies of them, both Napoleon and Caesar( he also had epilepsy) were mocked to death for being manlets, baldites etc.

This insecurity surely made them even more angry to lash out at the world and become accepted.
Napoleon wasn't a manlet he was slightly above average during his time.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Napoleon wasn't a manlet he was slightly above average during his time.

Even during his time, it's true that he was mocked for his height.
We even learn it in French schools

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it sounds like a cope, but if you read biographies of them, both Napoleon and Caesar( he also had epilepsy) were mocked to death for being manlets, baldites etc.

This insecurity surely made them even more angry to lash out at the world and become accepted.

Yes, it maybe played a role indeed, to forge their character and harden their mind
And bring them a step closer to insanity

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"He who has a why can bear almost any how."

If you have no direction and no goal in life, of course everything will seem pointless.

Everything I chose to do has a purpose, it has to enrich my life, even if it's in some minor way.

So before you criticize the world, pick a goal that you think you could attain and get to work.

To me everything people do seems interesting and meaningful. Every tiny thing matters.

That's because I oriented myself that way. Now you could say "it's all an illusion and you are just fooling yourself."

And that would be a good point.

But if the alternative to that is endless nihilism that is sure to drive down a pit of depression, then of course course I'd stake my life on the idea that my approach is the right one.

It's something you have to find out for yourself, really. You commit to improving you life as much as you can (even in minor ways), you tell the truth or at least you try not to lie and then see what happens.
I know having a purpose drastically improves life, but i just can't find any. I feel so empty and soulless and i can't even feel myself. I don't know who am i, what i want, what should i do. I don't feel human anymore. Not depressed, not angry, not sad, not hateful, nothing. I'm completely detached from reality.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was a propaganda by British newspapers.

The rumor spread cause he was most of the time with his imperial guards, people selected for their tallness
Not a clever move if you're insecure about it.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"He who has a why can bear almost any how."

If you have no direction and no goal in life, of course everything will seem pointless.

Everything I chose to do has a purpose, it has to enrich my life, even if it's in some minor way.

So before you criticize the world, pick a goal that you think you could attain and get to work.

To me everything people do seems interesting and meaningful. Every tiny thing matters.

That's because I oriented myself that way. Now you could say "it's all an illusion and you are just fooling yourself."

And that would be a good point.

But if the alternative to that is endless nihilism that is sure to drive down a pit of depression, then of course course I'd stake my life on the idea that my approach is the right one.

It's something you have to find out for yourself, really. You commit to improving you life as much as you can (even in minor ways), you tell the truth or at least you try not to lie and then see what happens.
1510929535406.jpg

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know having a purpose drastically improves life, but i just can't find any. I feel so empty and soulless and i can't even feel myself. I don't know who am i, what i want, what should i do. I don't feel human anymore. Not depressed, not angry, not sad, not hateful, nothing. I'm completely detached from reality.

Huge depressive symptoms dude, take that f*****g bluepill called Xanax, just the time to rewire your brain and get through this.
I know time is not the most valuable resource at your age, but believe me, it is, don't waste it anymore

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have several long-term goals:

- Having/keeping the best body I can
- Becoming a reasonably good musician / singer, making my own music
- Building a family
- Getting more hair (that's one your average fullhead won't have)
- Reaching mid-level management in my company
- Acquiring knowledge through consuming science and stories (in the form of movies, TV shows, video games, books, etc.)

All those goals will be intertwined and interdependent in some way, improving in one area will make it easier to improve in another, even though it's not always self-evident.

For example, when I was 22 and agonizing over my baldness, I couldn't watch movies or TV shows anymore because all the heroes had hair and well, I felt like no identification was possible, what use is it for me to learn anything from that guy on the screen, I could never be him without hair anyway, so I felt like you feel now "what's the point?".

Anything you do in life has to serve some higher purpose that you think you could attain. You don't have to aim high either, notice how I'm not aiming at having a body like The Rock, or becoming the next Eric Clapton, or becoming a CEO. I've designed those goals according to what I'm naturally drawn to and my temperament.

So maybe your goals won't look anything like mine. Again, it's something you have find out for yourself.

What are some things you'd like to do in the next few months?

The goals you listed are journeys, but every journey begins with a single step (Chinese proverb IIRC). What are your next steps?

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have several long-term goals:

- Having/keeping the best body I can
- Becoming a reasonably good musician / singer, making my own music
- Building a family
- Getting more hair (that's one your average fullhead won't have)
- Reaching mid-level management in my company
- Acquiring knowledge through consuming science and stories (in the form of movies, TV shows, video games, books, etc.)

All those goals will be intertwined and interdependent in some way, improving in one area will make it easier to improve in another, even though it's not always self-evident.

For example, when I was 22 and agonizing over my baldness, I couldn't watch movies or TV shows anymore because all the heroes had hair and well, I felt like no identification was possible, what use is it for me to learn anything from that guy on the screen, I could never be him without hair anyway, so I felt like you feel now "what's the point?".

Anything you do in life has to serve some higher purpose that you think you could attain. You don't have to aim high either, notice how I'm not aiming at having a body like The Rock, or becoming the next Eric Clapton, or becoming a CEO. I've designed those goals according to what I'm naturally drawn to and my temperament.

So maybe your goals won't look anything like mine. Again, it's something you have find out for yourself.
Reminds me of

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You work in astrophysics ?
Python is a good langage, really easy and intuitive

Yes.

In spite of being lazy as f*** lately, my python skills have been (slowly, slooooooowly lol) improving. It's not a difficult language, and there's a benefit to using the same language that everybody else is using, just like English.

This morning I lost an hour because I upgraded my MacBook to Sierra Prime or something. I wonder if anything is going to spontaneously stop working.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes.

In spite of being lazy as f*** lately, my python skills have been (slowly, slooooooowly lol) improving. It's not a difficult language, and there's a benefit to using the same language that everybody else is using, just like English.

This morning I lost an hour because I upgraded my MacBook to Sierra Prime or something. I wonder if anything is going to spontaneously stop working.

I don't think you'll have a problem regarding python package, at worst you'll just have to update it through command lines
Bash on MacOS and their packet manager are really good

Python is unfortunately only mainly for mathematical calculations and robotic automation
None of my coworkers can use it and they are freshly graduated in IT programming

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have a problem regarding python package, at worst you'll just have to update it through command lines
Bash on MacOS and their packet manager are really good

Python is unfortunately only mainly for mathematical calculations and robotic automation
None of my coworkers can use it and they are freshly graduated in IT programming

What do you do?

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How come I know ugly people who live productive and fulfilling lives?

They're certainly not bathing in suffering, they have a (looksmatched) girlfriend, a job, hobbies, a purpose, they're interesting, they have friends, they travel, etc.

You could be at the top of the food chain in the looks department yet you could still be comparing you to someone slightly better-looking than you and it could make you suffer too.

I know that you're going to see as a utopia, "if I was that good-looking, I wouldn't give a f***! My life would be perfect and I'd just drown myself in pussy all the time! And I'd have tons of sycophants who'd tell me I'm a great person just for existing all the time, oh god that would be heaven!"

No, that's not how you would feel, you'd know if you had spent more time talking to good-looking men rather than idealizing them from a distance based on they present themselves on social media.

I remember my good-looking cousin being in hell several times, crying his eyes out because his father threw him out of the house, because the girl he loves ended up breaking his heart (but that can't happen to good-looking men, they don't suffer!).

So being ugly = a life of suffering? Sorry, I'm not buying that.

* You dont know how much they suffered to survive

* billions of others wish they werent forcibly created

blackg

Reaction score
- Keep cooking up a storm, including making glorious contributions to a thanksgiving potluck next week. I'm thinking of bringing roasted pumpkin and feta, and squash delicate agrodolce.
Hey, that's right it's Thanksgiving this coming Thursday in the United States (early Friday here in Australia).

I hope you have a great day, Dave.
Just be thankful for all of that food, wine and football.