Why Are There Almost No Bald Chess Players?

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Most athletes are between 18-35 (more like 21-30), not many people are slick bald in that age range.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you name a bald chess player? It seems like the only chess players who go bald are those who take a break for several years, or those who become chess writers, chess judges, etc. Is this a coincidence? I also know of very few bald soccer players. This could of course be because they care a lot about their looks, so they get hair transplants, etc, but with chess I am not so sure that is the case. Any thoughts on this?
That’s an interesting observations..
Perhaps because sitting over chess board, they inadvertently move the frontalis and occipitalis muscles, a form of scalp exercises.
upload_2018-12-1_9-55-59.jpeg

yammer1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at skateboarders. Most have amazing hair, even the older ones. Happy, lots of blood circulation and vitamin d. Most of them also ate like sh*t and live off of soda and redbull (that's changing now that they're becoming so high paid but until 5ish years ago not many took their health very seriously)

INT

Reaction score
Look at skateboarders. Most have amazing hair, even the older ones. Happy, lots of blood circulation and vitamin d. Most of them also ate like sh*t and live off of soda and redbull (that's changing now that they're becoming so high paid but until 5ish years ago not many took their health very seriously)

Please stop..

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
haha

why is this on the research section though @Wolf Pack

New members always put everything in the new research section lol, guess they don't read beyond the "new." From suicide, to their story, to this...chess players don't bald as otherwise you could see their brain and preempt their moves. Evolutionary benefit. Simple.