Why are people living there lives bald when hair transplants exist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to Ben ?
He used to give regular updates on his transplant but then just stopped?
He would be able to contribute to this thread.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
What ever happened to Ben ?
He used to give regular updates on his transplant but then just stopped?
He would be able to contribute to this thread.

Mine is scheduled for feb 12th

I am seriously nervous
Im 34 and the docs said usually male pattern baldness starts slowing at my age and not progressing but honestly it seemed my pops went bald like overnight in his late 30s.

I CAN NOT take finasteride. This has been established with me, Still have sides.
He wants me to try topical finasteride after the hair transplant but even that worries me.

I HATE the thought of going bald. I would honestly rather just be killed somehow. I cant live bald knowing my brother will ALWAYS have a super thick head of perfect hair. Im sorry but an unhappy life is not a life, and feeling good about yourself is a major part of a happy life.

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
im currently waiting for one but im broke and umemployed. Im already at NW7 and the hair at sides and the back are getting thinner every month. By 30 ill be totally bald. Maybe they can donor my armpit and pubic hair.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope it turns well for you swingline.

You're sure you're not rushing for that hair transplant and that you've done your research?

Fred, have you EVER done ALL your research?
Can you EVER know if you're rushing it? Im 34, Ive put this off and every day I have more and more hair on my hands while putting in that useless rogaine.

Im looking at it this way, Im scared, BUT I am also more scared of being bald.

I did a TON of research and have tried everything from natural stuff to finasteride to Dermarolling.

I have ZERO kids

american-sign-language-for-0.jpg

I make decent money now and I am at a point where My original hair line can still be followed, it wont look crazy going from NO hair to SOME hair and see how this comes out.
If it sucks I have to shave my head anyway transplant or not.

We can keep saying give it 5 years but what will be here in 5 years? Pilofocus? Well if that comes then I can refill my donor areas and add more to the top.
We are going to try some face and chest hair for density supposedly and if that works then I know I have options in the future as well.

The answer to both your questions is Yes and No

riverwalk

Reaction score
hair loss

''hair transplant isn't the miracle cure that the media often makes it out to be - even the best ones done by the top surgeons.

untransplanted hair may continue to fall out sooner or later - even with Propecia, and could leave you looking even stranger and uglier than before you had the hair transplant done. Then you'd need more transplants, which would require more money down the line - money you might not have. And ultimately I don't think there's ever enough hair at the back/sides to fill the entire Norwood region. Not to mention the scarring it leaves.

I think hair transplants are often seen as a perfect permanent solution to the affliction of male pattern baldness - a 'magic wand' - when they're not really. They're just another (very expensive) temporary treatment. I suppose you could argue that even if you can get another 10 years of holding back male pattern baldness, then it might be worth it - if you're in the privileged position where money is no object, then why not.

But Rooney is living proof that all the money in the world can't give you a perfect head of hair back for life

Investing your money in hairpiece/systems is probably more prudent, if you can live with the stigma of wearing fake hair.''

Exactly this poster and a few others have summed up the issue of hair transplants perfectly, while the media market hair transplants as the holy grail of baldness they most certainly are not. Forget about money or the cost but I have yet to see a hair transplant that has fully restored the person's hair to what it was-just look at the internet yourself-not 1 result is anything above average. The highest density that can be restored is only 50 percent at best and the fact that you have to be put on propecia for me would be a massive no considering that many men have reported nasty side effects. Sadly the best hair transplant hair still looks thin and of average quality.

Let's be honest- if you go looking for your hair back then toy want it to be exactly as it was especially if you are young and to have to settle for an average result for me is not an option and unsatisfactory. I recall even reading a study in Australia reporting that the majority of men who had hair transplants were disappointed with the results as they had expected their full hairline to be restored to what it was. I agree that if one wants their fill head of hair restored again then the best,safest and most natural looking option today is a good modern hair system and that itself comes with some problems that you must consider.

And not to sound like a negative nelly but forget about '5 years time', they have been talking about these cures that are '5 years away' for a long time now and still there is no improvement.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
The person who wrote this article
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/feb/27/started-going-bald-at-16
said that he was told by nurses that he would probably never qualify for a transplant. I have never heard of that, but maybe that is one of the reasons.

I also think that some people are worried the stigma and social aspects of a hair transplant. People have been going bald for years and the accepted procedure is to go fully bald or go for the "Larry David" style. That is how it has always been done and I think that most people would feel self-conscious about how to answer when asked how they sprouted some new hair on their head.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
No matter what...when you are married the point of someone having hair or non hair is of no sense...Hairs are important before marriage...to get married ofcourse..to get girl accept you as a husband..
And for those who are bald after marriage..they have easy solution at the time of occations..
Here we have a tradition to use a :pheta" pronounced as phey_ta..
That looks so stylish and covers hair with a colourful piece of long cloth that is encircled around hair and looks damned awesome...

If you are unmarried..u must have hairtransplant...atleast have hairline transplant so that u look better in marriage photos ..
As always there is always a person(girl) who will overlook ur baldness..to marry U.

crowngarden

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while and maybe transplants have gotten better but from what I remember. It seemed like a lot of people were unhappy with their transplants. Some folks think that a transplant will end their war against hair loss and make them happy again and instead it turns out they have to fight two wars instead. One against hair loss and another against hiding/repairing the obvious signs of a transplant.

crowngarden

Reaction score
91% of people are happy of their hair transplant: http://www.realself.com/Hair-transplant-surgery/reviews

Of course you got the 9% who made poor choices and went to a butcher. They will make a lot more noise only of course.

Ok, I stand corrected then. I had mine done before the internet so I really didn't have the means to research for a quality doctor that exist today. I think I got off easy though. I didn't get butchered but I got a strip scar that is unavoidable with FUT regardless of how good the doctor is. If I had to do it all over again today... I wouldn't. Not strip donor anyways. I would consider FUE. Maybe the scar doesn't bother most people but I hate mine.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Does someone really need to type out the pros and cons of a hair transplant? I think its pretty easy to figure out why some people might not want to get hair transplant. Not everyone has the money for starters.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
But u don't have to wear a wig forever.I think young balding guy should wear it atleast upto his education is over or he gets a job or he gets married.Then fucc that wig and fucc that hair...no one will care after achieving your goal...and most important no one will remember it after a year or two.This world is damned selfish,no one has time to care for another. No one points a shortcoming when you are successful in real life.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
I can almost guarentee you that once a girl gets married to u and accept your baldness,then baldness will never be a problem after marriage and don't talk about players or filmstars,no sane people will give a damn fucc to there existence in real life,real life is your boss,your sir,your relatives,your neighbours,this is real life.
U are talking about Jordan spieth,come here and see people don't know what the fucc Golf is,forget about players.
The only problem with baldness is you look aged,but this problem will go once you cross 35.

And yes ,when you are in show business,you have to be picture perfect, and our life is not show business.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same price: 6500$, my father is now at 70000$ at 53 years old, he's been wearing a hair piece since the age of 18.

In the end, don't we want a solution that lasts? And he still has no hair on his head after spending so much money.

Cost is not only about money. There are also the energy, time, and emotional costs of wearing a hair piece, all of which I don't have to worry about with my hair transplant.

He spends roughly 6 hours per week doing the maintenance: that's 10000 hours spent on his hair piece now.

But yeah, you're right, the cost of a hair transplant is way higher!

As much as I agree with you about costs and maintenance, think of it this way. Money is not an issue for some people. There are people wearing wigs as I have explained before, it's a big industry. I do agree again, we need a proper solution. BUT if it's the only way to get fullish hair, and other tools won't help, then what?

Then you say your father has no hair which is harsh and inaccurate. In the eyes of society (which is what matters) he has full hair and you're quite bald, a step up from a horseshoe. That's reality.
You say he spends 6 hours a week on maintenance? Well how many hours do we sleep as well or breathe? Anything can be made into a number. Some people take 2 hours to get ready before work, some take 5 minutes. Exercise, going on the net all takes time. Also what about hours you spend thinking about the emotional trauma of hair loss? Could be 24 hours. Someone with a piece could be way happier.

I feel we should not be judgemental about choices. Your father's experience with a wig is one. Shookwun advocates an open mind, the way it should be.

I have no idea why you hate wigs so much. I suspect it must be something like bodybuilding. "I can't/won't do it" therefore it "must not provide any benefit." I have no problem with someone wearing a wig and having the same amount of hair as me (thick Norwood 2.5): good for them.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are pros and cons to everything Fred. The same stories exist for finasteride, Min, dutasteride, RU, Nizoral, transplants e.t.c. As much as I agree with you in that other solutions should come first to keep your real hair, I will never speak against a piece because it can be the only way to have fullish hair for some people. I know of 2-3 people at work and around who wear one. You would see them as privileged older fullheads, but the reality is different.

If I reach that Norwood, certainly I will try meds and transplants. But if it isn't viable and I have to shave my head, well your bald anyway. So it's either accept that or try a wig. It's not rocket science.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would choose the slick bald, I was before my hair transplant, and I was more or less fine, which is why I made this post at the time:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/71751-Seeking-for-honest-opinions-should-I-do-it

But a hair piece? Never. My father said himself he would not let me go that road. That should you everything you need to know about this "solution".

I think you're used to shaving your head for a long time. For people who have had full hair for a while in adult life, they would miss it. It's fair enough, you made your decision and you're happy with that. But others may not be, that's my point.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right. As I've said before:

The pros of wearing a hair piece: you look like you have hair. That's it.

And then there's an endless list of cons.

But that pro could be priceless. A fullish head of hair. And if you're happy, then every other area of life becomes easier. You blend into society with the majority.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
You make the mistake of assuming people who are averse to shaving their head is due to it not suiting them. My black friend looks awesome with a shaved head, yet is saving his hair. Built too. Why? Because he doesn't want to be the shaved bAld guy: disfigurement, unprofessional, thug looking, generic appearance, were reasons he cited. I know I would look at least okay shaved, yet I'm treating it.

This goes for the majority of guys.

Not to mention the solutions we have now for your average male pattern baldness sufferer are more than adequate to keep fullish hair for pretty much life.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree. just no one has the heart to say it. Also if you like the shaved look why do u want a cure or more hair? Some honesty would be nice.

In regards to uc man, people with no hair will be happy with a little. Same for any disease in life. I prefer to be objective and look at reality. There is little cosmetic difference with your hair. Simple maths. 4k hairs where there are normally 50k minimum. Mentally, yes it helped u so was worth it.

hair transplant surgeons show lower Norwood to boast of their skills as it makes a big difference cosmetically. Unless an advanced Norwood has crazy donor hair.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It wasn't me. However a decision was taken based on his posting history by another team member.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me make this clear for anyone unsure, trans-phobia will not be tolerated on this forum and is an offense that will lead to being banned. Revitalize has been banned for showing trans-phobia and bigotry towards members on here, which I noticed complaints about. I was hoping Revitalize would settle down, though kept pushing it.

Anyhow, everyone can keep on moving forward and head back to the topic of hair loss as usual. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.