Why are people living there lives bald when hair transplants exist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickintrouble

Reaction score
Come on --

I can't believe nobody has touched on a very very very important reason many men dont get hair transplants:

They arent that vain.

Simply, they hardly care whether they are balding or not. I have many bald friends who dont give a **** that their hair is gone and rock the shaved look just fine.

Another

Reaction score
Well, unless -or, even if- one is totally loaded hair transplant's might not provide real results. But yeah, everyone should do it if drugs are not working for him.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
PreviewFile.jpg.ashx

no wonder he looks pissed....

speaking of football, Big 'Racist' Ron Atkinson is currently appearing on Big Brother and he definetely looks like he's wearing some kind of dodgy toupee

Day-2-Big-Rons-big-bottle-with-Sinatra-2212037.png

Petchsky

Reaction score
One thing to remember with Rooney's transplant is that he also wears concealer a lot. If you look for photos of him, and look through them, you will see photos this summer where he buzzed his head, and it looks not so impressive, but I think Rooney has still been losing native hair since the transplant.

Caught Big Ron on big brother yesterday when I was channel flicking, I was staring at his head and thought it was a toupe, definitely looks like one in that picture.

- - - Updated - - -

wayne-rooney-3.jpgWayne-Rooney-008.jpgarticle-0-1A065B6D000005DC-28_634x438.jpg

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Propecia + transplant = happy life.

Rooney shouldn't even be brought up because he clearly doesn't take any meds so I'm not sure why anyone is shocked to see him lose more hair.

This should be an example of what not to do.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
It seems pretty simple to me. Take an expensive tic tac every few days and keep your hair.. unless you have side effects or already lost 3/4 of your hair.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Yeah I'm surprised they didn't put Rooney on finasteride.

he wasn't allowed to take finasteride because of sports anti-doping rules. They may have rescinded that rule now, I'm not sure. But without finasteride his prospects aren't great.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems pretty simple to me. Take an expensive tic tac every few days and keep your hair.. unless you have side effects or already lost 3/4 of your hair.

NEWSFLASH: Finasteride doesn't work for everyone, not even for those who don't get side-effects. Regrowth is quite rare.

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
@ghg how do u know finasteride doesn't cause regrowth? IMO, it seems to regrow alot of the minaturizing hairs which I consider regrowth. The only problem is the sexual sides that finasteride causes. At least for me it does therefore I can't take it anymore. But it does help regrow your hair.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Who knows how long finasteride works for? It isn't perfect. Guys like Tom Cruise and Jon Bon Jovi have receeded since the late 90s and I'm sure they are on finasteride!
I don't think it's great for hairlines.

I can't trust transplants. They may look good for 10 years but eventually you run out of donor to keep up with your loss.
Imagine how horrific you may look at 60 or 70?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I can't trust transplants. They may look good for 10 years but eventually you run out of donor to keep up with your loss.
Imagine how horrific you may look at 60 or 70?

that's basically my point that transplants are really just another temporary treatment rather than a 'cure' - but if you're prepared to pay the huge expense you may at least be able to have a decent head of hair for most of your young life before it all goes to shit in middle age. By that time you might not care about male pattern baldness as much anyway

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah money, time, inconvenience, maybe pain going through with it not to mention all the time researching who to go to if they even live near where you are. Plenty of good reasons just like anything like this. Certainly easy to understand why lots of men dont do it.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
that's basically my point that transplants are really just another temporary treatment rather than a 'cure' - but if you're prepared to pay the huge expense you may at least be able to have a decent head of hair for most of your young life before it all goes to shit in middle age. By that time you might not care about male pattern baldness as much anyway

Imagine if you get a hairline transplant at 30 and then lose the surrounding hair, you will look ridiculous when you are in your 50s.

I think the only treatment is medication and that too if you catch it early.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the reality is its just not acceptible to get surgery to transplant hair. it shows alot of insecurity.

dont get me wrong, i think it should be, but the reality is its not. hence why royals dont get it done.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I think the reality is its just not acceptible to get surgery to transplant hair. it shows alot of insecurity.

dont get me wrong, i think it should be, but the reality is its not. hence why royals dont get it done.

you can't compare royals to reguar people. Royals don't get it done because they don't need to.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on when you get the transplant. Some people who are just thinning a little shouldn't rush into it. Because who knows their thinning may be so slow and it may not go much beyond what they are experiencing. Look at guys like Clint Eastwood. He starting losing his hair in his 30's. Now in his 80's he still has a decent amount of hair and can comb it to the side and looks pretty good. He probably would have been a good candidate in his 50's and could have had a good head of hair now, BUT he didn't do it and still has a decent amount and can shave his head and doesn't have to worry about scar issues. So I guess it all comes down to your amount of loss, age, and speed at which its thinning. Because in the end it doesn't matter what you do, once you reach your 60's or 70's it probably wont matter much because most people at that age start to thin anyhow. PLUS one has to remember that side and back hair get finer with age also. So scars on top and the sides of ones head may start to become noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.