Why are people living there lives bald when hair transplants exist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia + transplant = happy life.

Rooney shouldn't even be brought up because he clearly doesn't take any meds so I'm not sure why anyone is shocked to see him lose more hair.

This should be an example of what not to do.

Propecia is not prohibited by the English FA, it's common knowledge that Wayne Rooney's been using it since 2010 a full year before he had his first transplant... who knows, maybe he got sides and quit... otherwise he is simply f**ked and finasteride has has done all it can for him.

His hairloss is simply too aggressive and he's going to require many more hair transplant just to maintain that expensively assembled wispy thatch he has now, like I said no problem for him with all his money, but for the average joe norwood what an expensive mess it all is.

People think Finasteride is some magic pill, even in the best cases it will only cease your hairloss completely for 5 or 6 years before the male pattern baldness slowly starts to kick up pace again, for some kid like Rooney with ultra-aggressive hairloss it's not going to stop him having a bald head, only surgical castration will do that, lol, I say this a young aggressive-receder myself. finasteride is only buying me an extra 5 or 6 years of maintenance, then it's game over.

His transplants look ok for now, considering he was a nw4 before, but they're going to look absolutely horrendous in 10-15 years, he will keep losing his hair all the way to nw7 and will look like an Ork with a thick hairline at the front and slick bald patch in the middle and the back covered by some more transplanted diffuse looking, wispy thatch.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
even in the best cases it will only cease your hairloss completely for 5 or 6 years before the male pattern baldness slowly starts to kick up pace again,

is there any evidence that finasteride only works for that amount of time?

I've read people here who say they've more-or-less maintained their hair for 15 years with finasteride. I know that probably won't be the case for everyone, because everyone responds differently and aggressiveness of male pattern baldness differs from person to person.

but I don't think the effectiveness will definitely wear off after 5-6 years. It isn't written in the cards.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is there any evidence that finasteride only works for that amount of time?

I've read people here who say they've more-or-less maintained their hair for 15 years with finasteride. I know that probably won't be the case for everyone, because everyone responds differently and aggressiveness of male pattern baldness differs from person to person.

but I don't think the effectiveness will definitely wear off after 5-6 years. It isn't written in the cards.

Ok sorry, let me rephrase that... For people like myself who started losing it at 17-18 or others who began losing it heavily in their early 20s, they have very aggressive balding at a young age and so the maintenance effect of finasteride is likely only going to last for it's minimum term of 5-6 years before male pattern baldness continues it's relentless assault (not that this is a bad thing, still better to go fully bald at 27 than 21).

Of course, for those who only start to get a bit of minor recession or minor thinning in their late 20s/early 30s, I agree, they very well could maintain for a good 10-12 years.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia is not prohibited by the English FA, it's common knowledge that Wayne Rooney's been using it since 2010 a full year before he had his first transplant... who knows, maybe he got sides and quit... otherwise he is simply f**ked and finasteride has has done all it can for him.

His hairloss is simply too aggressive and he's going to require many more hair transplant just to maintain that expensively assembled wispy thatch he has now, like I said no problem for him with all his money, but for the average joe norwood what an expensive mess it all is.

People think Finasteride is some magic pill, even in the best cases it will only cease your hairloss completely for 5 or 6 years before the male pattern baldness slowly starts to kick up pace again, for some kid like Rooney with ultra-aggressive hairloss it's not going to stop him having a bald head, only surgical castration will do that, lol, I say this a young aggressive-receder myself. finasteride is only buying me an extra 5 or 6 years of maintenance, then it's game over.

His transplants look ok for now, considering he was a nw4 before, but they're going to look absolutely horrendous in 10-15 years, he will keep losing his hair all the way to nw7 and will look like an Ork with a thick hairline at the front and slick bald patch in the middle and the back covered by some more transplanted diffuse looking, wispy thatch.
Theres no way of knowing if he will continue to lose anymore in the next 10-15 years. I know many people who had the peninsula thing going in the front but never lost any in the back 10-15 years later. Their baldness stopped there. This may be the case with him. Not everyone becomes a cue ball on top. HIs transplant actually looks really good. Hes 28 years old. I bet hes bought himself a few decades of complete coverage.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think 5 -6 years for finasteride while not always true, is mainly sensitivity changes as you get older. DHT is still there on propecia a decent amount, and your raising your T which is also bad. Combine that with possible increasing sensitivity to those androgens and I think its not hard to see over time your still losing hair.
If CB or something to target receptors came out and you used propecia or dutasteride maybe then hair loss can be stopped for many decades.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Is it true that only like 7-10% or some **** actually make it to nw7 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone excited for Pilofocus announcement next month ? Apparent FUT yields without any scaring.

That gets me thinking, if you pull out one hair from the back of the head and move it to the top, why cant you take a body hair and fill in the empty spot ? As long as you keep your hair fairly short (because body hair curls up at some length) you should be good to go.. right ?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it true that only like 7-10% or some **** actually make it to nw7 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone excited for Pilofocus announcement next month ? Apparent FUT yields without any scaring.

That gets me thinking, if you pull out one hair from the back of the head and move it to the top, why cant you take a body hair and fill in the empty spot ? As long as you keep your hair fairly short (because body hair curls up at some length) you should be good to go.. right ?

This is already happening, mostly with facial hair though (body hair tends to be much thinner and finer and it's got faster hair growth cycles I think?). Check out this http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...nsplants-“travel’’-from-NW6-to-NW2-(I-guess)…

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I meant use body hair to fill in the hair that was taken out of the back of your head, not to put it on the top of your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully there will be something in the next few years. Going to start .25mg of propecia garbage twice a week just to hold out until something better is here.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh my god, man, nothing is good for you. You criticize everything!
And please don't call me ignorant!!
Yes, hair loss is fixable, if you take measures early, not waiting to get NW6!
I had a transplant, with excelent results, and it was not barbaric at all! At 2 weeks no one could notice that i had something, and then people starting to ask why do i have more and more hair :))
You're such a pussy, complain on everything, find flaws in everything, etc!
You sound like a little girl, excuse me!!

- - - Updated - - -

About Rooney, oh, i'll say to just wait 6 months, not 18, he had his last transplant 1 month ago, for god's sake.

Ur a choad.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Rooney update:

Manchester-United-v-Chelsea-Premier-League-1871231.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-manchester-united-3007129

67291.jpg

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Oh gawd why did you bump this thread. I feel I should've been banned for being so retarded.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh i do apologise, I forgot having a truly vulgar attitude and belittling personality was allowed on here by members?!

It isn't fella. If you take exception to posts, then report the post and we will look at them. There are many posters that if it were up to me, I would ban in a heartbeat. But sadly, I can't tackle everyone I disagree with, been there, done that. If a poster manages to keep it in line, but you don't like their point of view, save yourself the stress, and put them on ignore.

VWdude

Reaction score
Went for a few consultations in the Toronto area. Definitely not looking for something immediately but one day I may inevitably go down that road. Just the thought of taking finasteride for the rest of my life makes me cringe.. I was optimistic back in 2005 that something better would be widely available today... but nope! I guess we are inching towards it so that is better than nothing I suppose. After doing some research, It's pretty clear I don't have to leave Canada to get a hair transplant from some of the best in industry. Hasson & Wong and Rahal are where it's at.. I think Rooney got ripped off a little eh, but that's pocket change for him. All the money in the world can't make his hair look like Christiano Ronaldo with current techniques. Unless he gets a rug of course!

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Went for a few consultations in the Toronto area. Definitely not looking for something immediately but one day I may inevitably go down that road. Just the thought of taking finasteride for the rest of my life makes me cringe.. I was optimistic back in 2005 that something better would be widely available today... but nope! I guess we are inching towards it so that is better than nothing I suppose. After doing some research, It's pretty clear I don't have to leave Canada to get a hair transplant from some of the best in industry. Hasson & Wong and Rahal are where it's at.. I think Rooney got ripped off a little eh, but that's pocket change for him. All the money in the world can't make his hair look like Christiano Ronaldo with current techniques. Unless he gets a rug of course!

My thoughts exactly.

If that was the best result his premier league salary budget could achieve, then what hope does the average working man have? I mean it looks good don't get me wrong, but think about how aggressive his hairloss is and how many follow up hair transplants he's going to need over a lifetime to maintain that look.

I simply don't think hair transplants are a sustainable solution for young men with really aggressive hairloss like this. The lifetime cost of follow up procedures, if he wants to stop his hair from looking really creepy as he gets older, will be enormous and totally unaffordable to the average income male.

abcdefg

Reaction score
People always guess how someone will look with male pattern baldness given the current pace, but if you buy 5 years from today on propecia your going to have stronger more effective AAs by then. CB 03 01 among a few others will be out in less then 5 years and I suspect with those you might be able to stop male pattern baldness completely in many people especially attacking the receptors and not increasing your testosterone. Its easy to be cynical based on the past 20 years, but I do think in the next 10 you will be able to keep your hair. Transplants and that will die out once you can keep your hair which castration has proven can be done its not a pie in the sky fantasy we just need better AAs.

Bassist

Reaction score
I'm just going to state the obvious--IMO, a hair transplant is only a good option if your hair loss has stabilized and stopped entirely, and you have a good amount of thick donor hair left. If not, it just seems like far more of a pain than it's worth for the average joe with only so much money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.