Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn't automatically or immediately make him all of these terrible things. I sure hope he doesn't read the things posted here. Dr. Washinek is trying very hard to cure hair loss. He's involved with a lot of projects in this effort.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, nobody has called the Swiss clinic yet.

WELL, I hope HE IS READING THIS. Bosley has in the past and continues to manipulate and willingly disfigure and destroy people's lives for money. If he is the medical director and willingly continues to work for such a HORRIBLE corporation than he is no better himself. You apparently have no idea of how many lives Bosley has KNOWINGLY destroyed, including my own, just to make money. They represent what's wrong with this world. F*CK THAT!! "Dr. Washeninek is trying very hard to cure hair loss" - my ***. He's trying hard to benefit himself and make money. You don't need anything from him to get this procedure done.

- - - Updated - - -

and I don't even need the proper knowledge of the positive contributions he has made in the hair loss industry. The extreme, relentless evil of Bosley far out weighs any positive contribution he may have made. I will never show an OUNCE of RESPECT for anyone that works for Bosley, in any manner. Walk into one of their clinics and have them butcher you, so they can pocket a couple grand and see if you feel the same way.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
"Dr. Washeninek is trying very hard to cure hair loss" - my ***. He's trying hard to benefit himself and make money.
These are not mutually exclusive. If he can patent something that works, an entire multi billion dollar market is his.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
WELL, I hope HE IS READING THIS. Bosley has in the past and continues to manipulate and willingly disfigure and destroy people's lives for money. If he is the medical director and willingly continues to work for such a HORRIBLE corporation than he is no better himself. You apparently have no idea of how many lives Bosley has KNOWINGLY destroyed, including my own, just to make money. They represent what's wrong with this world. F*CK THAT!! "Dr. Washeninek is trying very hard to cure hair loss" - my ***. He's trying hard to benefit himself and make money. You don't need anything from him to get this procedure done.

- - - Updated - - -

and I don't even need the proper knowledge of the positive contributions he has made in the hair loss industry. The extreme, relentless evil of Bosley far out weighs any positive contribution he may have made. I will never show an OUNCE of RESPECT for anyone that works for Bosley, in any manner. Walk into one of their clinics and have them butcher you, so they can pocket a couple grand and see if you feel the same way.

2879_image365.jpg

2879_image960.jpg

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
There is a poster on another site who had the treatment in Switzerland. He's a month out and has had no results, though he was told it would take six weeks at the earliest. The way he described the process made it sound like PRP, but with fat - fat was withdrawn from his stomach, half of which was injected into the scalp, and the other half run through a centrifuge and then also injected into the scalp. I simply don't see what hypothesis would suggest this would grow hair - it sounds like a very expensive scam to me.

This is NOT the same thing as Kerastem.

In Kerastem they do the following:

1. Take out some fat from the patient.

2. Harvest the ADSCs from that fat.

3. Put those ADSCs into a specific product called PUREGRAFT, which is this:

http://www.puregraft.com/

4. After getting the ADSCs into the Puregraft then the mixture is put into the scalp.

You should talk to your friend and if anything different from what I just described happened then he did not receive Kerastem and he should complain and kick up a BIG fuss. We need to get the clinics to start doing what they're advertising that they're doing. It's very doubtful that what they did would work because there is nothing to hold those stem cells in the target location. Those stem cells were supposed to be put into the PUREGRAFT
product.

- - - Updated - - -

If what you're saying is true the Swiss poster did not get what he was supposed to get - he did not get what the company is advertising and he should complain to the authorities that he is a victim of fraud.

If he purchased Kerastem here is what he's supposed to receive:

http://kerastem.com/our-technology/

In the above link look at the diagram with the female silhouette because that displays the treatment.

1. They harvest fat from the patient's hip.

2. They extract adipose derived stem cells from the fat harvested from the patient.

3. They put the adipose derived stem cells into a purified fat product called PUREGRAFT and this combination forms the final treatment mix.

4. They implant the final treatment mix (adipose derived stem cells taken from the patient's own fat and put into a specific product called PUREGRAFT) into the patient's scalp.

LookTISSUE

- - - Updated - - -

There is a poster on another site who had the treatment in Switzerland. He's a month out and has had no results, though he was told it would take six weeks at the earliest. The way he described the process made it sound like PRP, but with fat - fat was withdrawn from his stomach, half of which was injected into the scalp, and the other half run through a centrifuge and then also injected into the scalp. I simply don't see what hypothesis would suggest this would grow hair - it sounds like a very expensive scam to me.

What site is this poster at? I would like to talk with him if that can be arranged.
If the clinics offering Kerastem are not doing it as advertised we need to report that.
If the treatment is done right there's a good chance that it will work, but if charlatans
are going to cut corners then it won't work. But they'll still make a bunch of money, and
they won't go to the expense of doing it the right way if they can make money from selling
a scammy version of it. If we want them to do it right then we need to raise a big ruckus if
they're not doing it right. If they're selling something other than the process/mixture that they're
advertising then they could get into a lot of trouble for fraud. Switzerland has strong anti-fraud laws.
If he didn't get what he paid for we need to make a big issue of that and get the clinic into trouble for
cheating him. If they did cheat him then they were probably just trying to cut corners to cut expenses.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
just emailed Concept clinic and got the confirmation: they are doing Kerastem. will post details later.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
So, here it is from CH; looks promising:

Thank you for your message. Dr Schlaudraff indeed performs the new Kerastem treatment in his clinic.

As you might have already seen on the internet, the Kerastem treatment is based on the use of your own fatty tissue which is usually harvested through a mini-liposuction in local anesthesia from the abdomen or flanks.
One part of the fat is used as an autologous fat graft to the scalp in order to regenerate the fatty tissue of the hair bearing area.
The second part of the fat is purified in order to obtain the adipose derived stem cells and the so-called ‘stromal vascular fraction’. These cells are then injected during the same treatment into the area that was previously treated with the fat graft.

The biological function is described as a revitalization of the micro-environment of the hair follicles - which ‘wakes up’ the dormant hair follicles and induces the transformation of vellum hair (precursor hair) into normal hair. As described above, this treatment is not a traditional hair graft.

In the patients who have been treated with this method, we have observed an increase in hair density up to 29% and an increase of the hair in anagen phase up to 138% at 6 months post-OP. The price range of this treatment is 6’000 to 7’500 CHF depending on your individual situation and the clinical exam.

During the consultation Dr Schlaudraff will explain to you your individual treatment plan and show you some results (we do not send any patient pictures via email).

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I cant see how this procedure could give long term results, eventually the fat levels will return to what they where before the procedure.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant see how this procedure could give long term results, eventually the fat levels will return to what they where before the procedure.

Indeed. And DHT will kill the regrown follicles.
But an extended lifetime of at least 3 years is nice.
And maybe longer with the proper meds.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

Thank you for your message. Dr Schlaudraff indeed performs the new Kerastem treatment in his clinic.

As you might have already seen on the internet, the Kerastem treatment is based on the use of your own fatty tissue which is usually harvested through a mini-liposuction in local anesthesia from the abdomen or flanks.
One part of the fat is used as an autologous fat graft to the scalp in order to regenerate the fatty tissue of the hair bearing area.
The second part of the fat is purified in order to obtain the adipose derived stem cells and the so-called ‘stromal vascular fraction’. These cells are then injected during the same treatment into the area that was previously treated with the fat graft.

The biological function is described as a revitalization of the micro-environment of the hair follicles - which ‘wakes up’ the dormant hair follicles and induces the transformation of vellum hair (precursor hair) into normal hair. As described above, this treatment is not a traditional hair graft.

In the patients who have been treated with this method, we have observed an increase in hair density up to 29% and an increase of the hair in anagen phase up to 138% at 6 months post-OP. The price range of this treatment is 6’000 to 7’500 CHF depending on your individual situation and the clinical exam.

During the consultation Dr Schlaudraff will explain to you your individual treatment plan and show you some results (we do not send any patient pictures via email).

They are not performing it in the way they are supposed to. Please give me his email address so I can establish contact with him and try to get him to perform it correctly. You have a better chance at good results if we can get them to do it the way they're supposed to.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why we need them to do it right. If they do it right the fat will last longer. I need the clinic's email address.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is CH? I would like to contact them to ask them why they aren't using the PUREGRAFT that they're supposed to use.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we should persuade them to follow the correct protocol being used by the FDA researchers before we proceed with this. The results would be better.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So your priorities are not set on fixing your baldness? Hmm.. Or am I missing something here?

They are. But I've kind of lost faith and will.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
They are not performing it in the way they are supposed to. Please give me his email address so I can establish contact with him and try to get him to perform it correctly. You have a better chance at good results if we can get them to do it the way they're supposed to.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why we need them to do it right. If they do it right the fat will last longer. I need the clinic's email address.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is CH? I would like to contact them to ask them why they aren't using the PUREGRAFT that they're supposed to use.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we should persuade them to follow the correct protocol being used by the FDA researchers before we proceed with this. The results would be better.

Good you're here with your knowledge!
Sure, pls contact them and ask.

The best option imho is that you fill in their contact form, so it doesn't look like your jumping from out of nowhere:
http://www.concept-clinic.ch/en/contact.cfm
They're very fast in replying so far.
Pls keep us posted!

CH = Switzerland

P.S. I've got another email from them, and they say they've been performing this for 3 years now; all results lasted...

- - - Updated - - -

because they're not effective as expected or because it's a complex protocol?
(indeed I understand why sometimes pharmas are targeting oral meds for male pattern baldness...)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
because they're not effective as expected or because it's a complex protocol?
(indeed I understand why sometimes pharmas are targeting oral meds for male pattern baldness...)

No, because it's all a hassle... takes time and commitment just to save something as trivial as hair but at the same time leading to something so incredibly socially despised as baldness.

I'm just fed up with all this crap; the red tape set against researchers, the restrictions by the FDA, the lack of funding from investors, the hatred towards us from society, the eons of clinical trials, the disrespect from pseudo spokespeople of the hair loss community like Spencer Kobren, the censorship of forum members on BTT... the list goes on.

I guess I'm going through a phase of 'Fuck it, all this isn't worth it.'

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
You've done so much for the community/ the cause and i'm sure you're fed up with all the BS like your saying. However, we have one life to live and maybe there won't be anything that comes from all this effort, but I'd rather try and fail then have doubt for the rest of my life wondering what could have been.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's pretty strange to me hellouser. You have finally something you believe in that can regrow your hair to a low norwood (I know that it is total utter bullsh*t and it's not going to happen, but let's put that aside). Yet, you suddenly lost the faith and will to do it? At the "eureka" moment?

I can't comprehend that. It's nothing compared the energy you have already put in through the years, all the posts, all the struggle, all the stress probably, all the treatments etc.

There has to be another reason. You are being incoherent.

So my question is; why?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
No, because it's all a hassle... takes time and commitment just to save something as trivial as hair but at the same time leading to something so incredibly socially despised as baldness.

I'm just fed up with all this crap; the red tape set against researchers, the restrictions by the FDA, the lack of funding from investors, the hatred towards us from society, the eons of clinical trials, the disrespect from pseudo spokespeople of the hair loss community like Spencer Kobren, the censorship of forum members on BTT... the list goes on.

I guess I'm going through a phase of 'Fuck it, all this isn't worth it.'

i feel you, indeed. 25 years fighting, and can't give up due to 3 scars in my head. and i have/want to go ahead without finasteride.
And, even if cb and seti will help me maintain (which is still to be proven), it will still be walking on the rope of unapproved meds. (this is my answer to Swoop's "why?")

so, my advice: either quit the war, or go on fighting with a more relaxed mind, and a bit less of commitment to fora etc.
i'll surely do the latter, as soon as i find a new, though instable, equilibrium.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I actually admire this.. I cannot WAIT for the day when I have lost faith and will. This **** is horrifically emotionally exhausting as all f*cking God DAMN HELL. A bunch of dead keratinized cells on top of my head has started determining my f*cking life.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty strange to me hellouser. You have finally something you believe in that can regrow your hair to a low norwood (I know that it is total utter bullsh*t and it's not going to happen, but let's put that aside). Yet, you suddenly lost the faith and will to do it? At the "eureka" moment?

I can't comprehend that. It's nothing compared the energy you have already put in through the years, all the posts, all the struggle, all the stress probably, all the treatments etc.

There has to be another reason. You are being incoherent.

So my question is; why?

Perhaps any man can only take so much. Either way, lets fund Hellouser to do the kerastem therapy. Perhaps this will grow all your hair back. haha