Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Count me in for a donation for this idea.

I know another forum member was looking into NE Hair Clinic which I believe offers the same procedure. Might be cheaper/easier to get too.

Keep us posted on that, guys!

el_rizos

Reaction score
One of the doctors kerastem is Dr. David Perez- Meza, Malaga ( Spain ) . I'm from Seville, Spain , two hours drive from Malaga . Monday will call Dr. David Perez- Meza and I will try to talk to him or to arrange an appointment with him . I tell you what I get . I had never heard of kerastem . I 'm surprised that Dr. David Perez- Meza is one of the doctors Kerastem .

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hellouser, would you be willing to try this? If so, I say we all pitch in for you. You are a reliable, honest member of this community and you could efficiently monitor your results. You have been stabilized on your regimen, correct? Lets DO IT!! :youbet:

I would chip in with funding someone but I would prefer to do fund a male who has worse hair loss than Hellouser.

It would be best if the person is at least a NW3 with at least a little thinning of what he has left on the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, this would be easier; fly out, have some injections done, fly back and take pictures every now and then. Miami was almost a week of sitting 8 hours a day at the congress and then putting together all the materials which took about as long. I do have the doctors connections from the congress, it's possible I could ask about a discount or SOMETHING about this kind of initiative. Dr. Washenik was pretty cool though and he himself has tried a whole host of treatments so I'm pretty sure he'll know where we're coming from.

I would be glad to chip in but your hair loss isn't advanced enough to give the majority of us a good indication if it would work on us. For all you've done for the community you deserve something like this more than
any of us but your hair loss isn't advanced enough to tell us if the treatment would work for most of us. Most of us have hair loss considerably more advanced than yours. Having you do this would have been a nice way
to pay you back for all you've done for the community but this really calls for someone with more advanced hair loss. I'm sorry but you know it's true. We need a NW3 or NW4 to do this and it would be nice if he also had
some thinning on the part of the top where he still has hair. Oh and I'm not recommending myself. I can't take a trip out of the country at this time. We need to get someone else to do this.

Hellouser, what Norwood are you? And please show us up-to-the-present photos. If you're advanced enough then I would chip in to send you.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
It is not 13k for Kerastem. The doctor performing the clinical trials for Kerastem in the US is the same doctor who has performed Kerastem (not under the name of Kerastem, but using the exact same machine and technique - literally exact same) in Serbia for $4000EUR which includes hotel for 3 nights. I have already posted the details of this before and was supposed to have a consultation with them at the end of February but I have to follow up with them.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would chip in with funding someone but I would prefer to do fund a male who has worse hair loss than Hellouser.

It would be best if the person is at least a NW3 with at least a little thinning of what he has left on the top.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be glad to chip in but your hair loss isn't advanced enough to give the majority of us a good indication if it would work on us. For all you've done for the community you deserve something like this more than
any of us but your hair loss isn't advanced enough to tell us if the treatment would work for most of us. Most of us have hair loss considerably more advanced than yours. Having you do this would have been a nice way
to pay you back for all you've done for the community but this really calls for someone with more advanced hair loss. I'm sorry but you know it's true. We need a NW3 or NW4 to do this and it would be nice if he also had
some thinning on the part of the top where he still has hair. Oh and I'm not recommending myself. I can't take a trip out of the country at this time. We need to get someone else to do this.

Hellouser, what Norwood are you? And please show us up-to-the-present photos. If you're advanced enough then I would chip in to send you.

I'm NW3 with thinning. Cosmetically noticeable regrowth would be fairly visible in my case.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm NW3 with thinning. Cosmetically noticeable regrowth would be fairly visible in my case.

I would also chip in to see results from someone not connected to the clinic performing a treatment.

I saw someone post here or at BTT that he was involved in clinical trial in the US. He started a thread to document progress, and then removed the thread again due to contract for the trial. If a company did believe in their treatment and claims it gives results, why wouldn't they have people share info about it on forums? That would be the best PR, absolutely free.

And if the argument is that not everybody responds, then they should offer guarantees for their treatment to work. Something along the line of full refund if no results.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're an excellent researcher. If you're willing, get a price and lets do this. We are all ready to contribute. In the worst case scenario, you end up not being able to do it for whatever reason, we could set up something where we get our money back.. one hundred, two, hell even four hundred dollars is worth having some certainty about a potential treatment. You're the perfect candidate because -

1) you're an honest member of two of the biggest online hair loss communities
2) you proven to be super efficient and thorough at documenting and can probably take very precise photos.
3) Like you said, cosmetically noticeable growth would be visible
4) TEMPLE RECESSION - we consider this the most important regrowth area. IF (and that's a big IF) you were to have regrowth here, that would be huge
5) we already KNOW you're a very good responder to treatments. Not saying this is anything like those that you're on.

I don't mean to be on your *** about this brother and obviously we support you no matter what you decide... but, we are counting on you to solve male pattern baldness for us and we will all shrivel into a state of desperation and despair if you don't. but.. no pressure :uglylol:

notsobad

Reaction score
Since nothing will come up soon, we have to be proactive with the means we have today! Love this iniciative and would be happy to contribute

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the regimen didn't restore your temples at all? Can you get us a picture of the current state you are in? Would be nice.

Which Regimen?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been consistent with my regimen... ive actually been heavily lacking taking most meds.

Have you been consistent with RU and CB?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter... it is important we do this. It may help, it may not. People are spending thousands of dollars on stuff like this, and if it doesn't work at all, at least we will have funded getting some evidence to support that. Lets get down to business here.

-IF we got you the funding, would you do this?

- Are you still in Canada? Where is the closest, reputable place that offers this from you?

- I can start a gofundme page, or I am sure swoop would be happy to do this. We could also assist in periodic hair counts, as I trust you would take awesome pictures. Once again, swoop, or Arashi could provide useful assistance and I'll speak for both when I say, they would be more than excited to do so.

- It's up to people like us to put things like this into motion. It doesn't even matter if it works. As a former hair transplant victim and a victim of other relentless, unethical hair loss companies, I feel obligated to inform whoever i can. I am sure you feel the same way. We have an obligation.

- EVERYTHING you have done for us, especially your detailed encounters at the conference, is very much appreciated. Once again, I prefaced all these statements, with "are you willing to do this?" implying that you can just tell me to BACK THE **** OFF if not. lol

:punk:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Since nothing will come up soon, we have to be proactive with the means we have today! Love this iniciative and would be happy to contribute

I agree but the person should be NW3 - NW4 and it would also be best for him to have some thinning on the top since he would still have hair on the top. We want to be sure
if it works in middle NWs and also for diffuse thinners.

It's my understanding that the before/after pics of the 2nd person in this link is Hellouser. If that's the case, then his "before" pic displays sufficient losses for him to be the
test subject we fund to do the kerastem experiment but if he's reversed his hair loss to the point of his "after" pic then his degree of losses would not be sufficient for him to
be the test subject for the rest of us.

https://www.*********talk.com/threads/17737-Collecting-RU-58841-pictures!

We need a NW3/NW4 with thinning in the remainder of the hair he has on top. If we send a NW3/NW4 with thinning of the hair he still has on top then the person would be
representative of the great majority of the people here.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been consistent with RU and CB?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter... it is important we do this. It may help, it may not. People are spending thousands of dollars on stuff like this, and if it doesn't work at all, at least we will have funded getting some evidence to support that. Lets get down to business here.

-IF we got you the funding, would you do this?

- Are you still in Canada? Where is the closest, reputable place that offers this from you?

- I can start a gofundme page, or I am sure swoop would be happy to do this. We could also assist in periodic hair counts, as I trust you would take awesome pictures. Once again, swoop, or Arashi could provide useful assistance and I'll speak for both when I say, they would be more than excited to do so.

- It's up to people like us to put things like this into motion. It doesn't even matter if it works. As a former hair transplant victim and a victim of other relentless, unethical hair loss companies, I feel obligated to inform whoever i can. I am sure you feel the same way. We have an obligation.

- EVERYTHING you have done for us, especially your detailed encounters at the conference, is very much appreciated. Once again, I prefaced all these statements, with "are you willing to do this?" implying that you can just tell me to BACK THE **** OFF if not. lol

:punk:

Whoa! Let's make sure he's at least NW3 with some thinning on top. Some people don't rate their own hair loss very well.
I saw some (RU) pics of Hellouser wherein his "before" pic was perfect for what we want to do but his "after" pic displayed
considerable regrowth and he had gone from NW3 with thinning on top (perfect for our objective) to about a NW2. It's a bad
idea to send a NW2 to do this. A NW2 would not be representative of my situation at all and if we get a NW2 back to NW1
that would only show that the treatment works on people without a lot of hair loss. We need to show that it works on
people with more hair loss.

Also, we would want to make sure the clinicians who perform the treatment would be using the most advanced/powerful
version of the treatment because it's my understanding that the clinicians are still trying to nail down the specifics of the
treatment formulation.

And I don't want them to simply inject fat cells. That doesn't work because the newly injected fat cells migrate out of
the area they're injected into rapidly. They need to lay down some actual fat so that it sticks.

Are they just injecting fat cells or laying down an actual layer of fat?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point... we need to see a current pic of Hellouser's hair.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree but the person should be NW3 - NW4 and it would also be nice to have some thinning on the top since he would still have hair on the top. We want to be sure if it works in middle NWs and also
for diffuse thinners.

It's my understanding that the before/after pics of the 2nd person in this link is Hellouser. If that's the case, then his "before" pic displays sufficient losses for him to be the
test subject we fund to do the kerastem experiment but if he's reversed his hair loss to the point of his "after" pic then his degree of losses would not be sufficient for him to
be the test subject for the rest of us.

https://www.*********talk.com/threads/17737-Collecting-RU-58841-pictures%21

We need a NW3/NW4 with thinning in the remainder of the hair he has on top. If we send a NW3/NW4 with thinning of the hair he still has on top then the person would be representative
of the great majority of the people here.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa! Let's make sure he's at least NW3 with some thinning on top. Some people don't rate their own hair loss very well.
I saw some (RU) pics of Hellouser wherein his "before" pic was perfect for what we want to do but his "after" pic displayed
considerable regrowth and he had gone from NW3 with thinning on top (perfect for our objective) to about a NW2. It's a bad
idea to send a NW2 to do this. A NW2 would not be representative of my situation at all and if we get a NW2 back to NW1
that would only show that the treatment works on people without a lot of hair loss. We need to show that it works on
people with more hair loss.

Also, we would want to make sure the clinicians who perform the treatment would be using the most advanced/powerful
version of the treatment because it's my understanding that the clinicians are still trying to nail down the specifics of the
treatment formulation.

And I don't want them to simply inject fat cells. That doesn't work because the newly injected fat cells migrate out of
the area they're injected into rapidly. They need to lay down some actual fat so that it sticks.

Are they just injecting fat cells or laying down an actual layer of fat?

See here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/96832-Kerastem-Interview-w-Dr-Ken-Washenik

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Hellouser!

The link indicates that they're mixing actual fat tissue with fat cells. This looks ideal to me.

Maybe I won't get a hair transplant just yet.

Washniek appears to have this in FDA phase 2 studies right now in the USA.
I wonder if we could pick Washniek's brain to get the most up-to-date information
from him about this treatment so that we can make sure that whoever we send gets
the best possible chance of success. I think that it might be best to increase the thickness
of the fat layer laid down for our "candidate".

What it looks like they're doing is adding ADSCs to a fat tissue called "puregraft" and then laying
this down in the patient's scalp. I suspect that the layer of fat (puregraft) is probably very VERY thin.
I think our test subject might want it to be a bit thicker. Remember, the more fat laid down the more
growth factors emitted to the follicles. He wouldn't want it so thick it affected his appearance but I would
suspect he would want it thick enough to produce a lot of growth factors to send to his follicles.

Fat cells produce the growth factors the cause hair growth.

This is similar to Histogen and AAPE except that AAPE and Histogen only send the growth factors to the
follicles at the time of injection whereas Kerastem would be continuously sending the growth factors to
the follicles the same as before hair loss started. It sounds ideal to me.

And since it's starting phase 2 in USA that means it has already passed a phase 1 safety study with the FDA.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should make sure that they are doing exactly like Washniek said in his interview
(combining ADSCs with their puregraft fat tissue) and then try to get a group rate discount?
If we took 30, 40, 50 of us to get the treatment they might agree to work out a discount for
us. I think we should talk to Washniek and the overseas clinics already doing the treatment
commercially about group rate discounts.