Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
If Hellouser was down to take pictures before and after I would be willing to donate 100 dollars.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Hellouser!

The link indicates that they're mixing actual fat tissue with fat cells. This looks ideal to me.

Maybe I won't get a hair transplant just yet.

Washniek appears to have this in FDA phase 2 studies right now in the USA.
I wonder if we could pick Washniek's brain to get the most up-to-date information
from him about this treatment so that we can make sure that whoever we send gets
the best possible chance of success. I think that it might be best to increase the thickness
of the fat layer laid down for our "candidate".

What it looks like they're doing is adding ADSCs to a fat tissue called "puregraft" and then laying
this down in the patient's scalp. I suspect that the layer of fat (puregraft) is probably very VERY thin.
I think our test subject might want it to be a bit thicker. Remember, the more fat laid down the more
growth factors emitted to the follicles. He wouldn't want it so thick it affected his appearance but I would
suspect he would want it thick enough to produce a lot of growth factors to send to his follicles.

Fat cells produce the growth factors the cause hair growth.

This is similar to Histogen and AAPE except that AAPE and Histogen only send the growth factors to the
follicles at the time of injection whereas Kerastem would be continuously sending the growth factors to
the follicles the same as before hair loss started. It sounds ideal to me.

And since it's starting phase 2 in USA that means it has already passed a phase 1 safety study with the FDA.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should make sure that they are doing exactly like Washniek said in his interview
(combining ADSCs with their puregraft fat tissue) and then try to get a group rate discount?
If we took 30, 40, 50 of us to get the treatment they might agree to work out a discount for
us. I think we should talk to Washniek and the overseas clinics already doing the treatment
commercially about group rate discounts.

I'm down to go! are you going to try and get in touch with him? I will try tomorrow. IF this is an effective treatment, I think they would agree to work out something, if anything, just for the publicity on these forums.

Dragonborn

Reaction score
Okay Kerastem has soem adeqaute pictures posted on their website but it tells us nothing. I would be down to donating some money so hellouser goes to check it out. But one user on another forum already had ASDC done and it did nothing for him.

As for that clinic in Serbia, it does not offer Kerastem although it supposedly does the same procedure. However for 4k euros we have no guarantees of that working. Also Serbia is not exactly known for truthful advertising and ethical medical procedures.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Okay Kerastem has soem adeqaute pictures posted on their website but it tells us nothing. I would be down to donating some money so hellouser goes to check it out. But one user on another forum already had ASDC done and it did nothing for him.

As for that clinic in Serbia, it does not offer Kerastem although it supposedly does the same procedure. However for 4k euros we have no guarantees of that working. Also Serbia is not exactly known for truthful advertising and ethical medical procedures.

The other poster just had the cells injected and we know that injected fat cells migrate out of the injected area rapidly BUT Kerastem is also putting actual fat into the scalp and the fat is formulated in such a way that it's designed to stay in the area it's put for a long time. They're put ADSCs into their proprietary fat product and then inject both the fat product and the ADSCs together. This makes Kerastem seem a lot better than what the other poster got.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score

I will repeat one last time. The SAME doctor who is performing the Kerastem trials in USA is the SAME doctor who performs "The same exact" treatment using the "cytori machine" in Serbia. Since she is here in the US now she referred me to her colleague who also performs the treatment in Serbia. It IS Kerastem, according to the doctor who performs Kerastem, it is just not named "Kerastem".

I have spoken with her on the phone and via email. Here is the email clipped to remove any names.

"Thank you for Your e-mail and interest in our clinic.

Process is identical to Kerastem’s one as we are also using Celution 800/CRS device (Produced by Cytori Inc., San Diego, USA) for cell isolation. It is not a PRP nor Acell treatment.
This is a treatment with ADRCs - Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells and we have been successfully performing this treatment for more than 2 years, mostly in men’s alopecia.
As we need a small amount of fat tissue, less than 200ml, there are no side effects except bruising and slight pain in the treated area. If pain exist, one pain killer is enough to stop it but bruises need a few days to heal.
After getting ADRCs, the surgeon applies purified fat tissue mixed with cells under the skin with a blunt cannula. This causes no pain and usually, no swelling after the procedure.
The procedure takes about 2,5 hours and we use local anaesthesia with sedation.
You would need to be here at least 3 days for the procedure. All follow ups can be done via Skype or email.

Treatment costs 4,500 euros and it includes following:
- transport from and to Belgrade Airport
- consultation and the whole procedure including the medicines you have to take after the surgery
- one night stay at the clinic and 2 nights in provided accommodation (hotel or apartment near the clinic)"

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
i made some research on svenson and dr. schlaudraff, these are the clinics which already offer the procedure. svenson is in madrid, someone wrote on btt that these are fakers. dr. schlaudraff is offering it in geneva. on both websides i could´nt find any information on kerastem, neither a facebook page of those. a other user on btt told, that when he phoned svenson in madrid they have known nothing about kerastem. so we have to figure out first, what is going on there. is someone from spain who could phone svenson in madrid immediately? who ever calls, he has also to ask what kind of procedure it is. in phase 2 kerastem is testing 4 different procedures. he hast to ask if we would get the fat+the high dose of ADRC, which you can see in this link: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503852?term=Kerastem&rank=1

please come on my balding brothers, we have to work together a last time. i think this is our last realistic chance to have a hairy life. god bless you all!

- - - Updated - - -

i made some research on svenson and dr. schlaudraff, these are the clinics which already offer the procedure. svenson is in madrid, someone wrote on btt that these are fakers. dr. schlaudraff is offering it in geneva. on both websides i could´nt find any information on kerastem, neither a facebook page of those. a other user on btt told, that when he phoned svenson in madrid they have known nothing about kerastem. so we have to figure out first, what is going on there. is someone from spain who could phone svenson in madrid immediately? who ever calls, he has also to ask which kind of procedure it is. in phase 2 kerastem is testing 4 different procedures. he has to ask if we would get the fat+the high dose of ADRC, which you can see in this link, or another one... : https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503852?term=Kerastem&rank=1

please come on my balding brothers, we have to work together a last time. i think this is our last realistic chance to have a hairy life. god bless you all!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
No chance in HELL anyone here is associating with BOSLEY in ANY WAY.
You said you were going to try and get in touch with him so I dug up his email address. Sorry to be so helpful.

If you don't want to associate with Bosley in "ANY WAY," you should probably distance yourself from Kerastem as Dr. Washenik is both Bosley's medical director and also principal investigator in the study. :roll:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You said you were going to try and get in touch with him so I dug up his email address. Sorry to be so helpful.

If you don't want to associate with Bosley in "ANY WAY," you should probably distance yourself from Kerastem as Dr. Washenik is both Bosley's medical director and also principal investigator in the study. :roll:

Dr. Washenik is involved with a lot of projects, Follica being one of them as well. I wouldn't hold his involvement with Bosley against him. Remember, he was pushing for Aderans and had it been up to him, we'd be further along with their efforts.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Is this place in Boston basically the same thing as kerastem? http://www.nehair.com/stem-cells

Nope. It looks like they're only injecting the cells by themselves, which migrate out of the injected area rapidly. The treatment can't work if the cells migrate out of the target area.

It looks like Kerastem is also using stem cells but first they're inserting the cells into their fat product that they inject after the stem cells are inserted into their fat product. This fat product is formulated to stay in the target area.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not at all.

Can you expand on this?

Not doubting you just trying to educate myself. A member on "the other forum" led me to believe it was the same treatment and that someone involved with Kerastem referred him to NE Hair.

On another note how can clinics like NE Hair offer this kind of treatment without going through clinical trials?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
This site doesn't let some posts edit.

Damn it.

- - - Updated - - -

I will repeat one last time. The SAME doctor who is performing the Kerastem trials in USA is the SAME doctor who performs "The same exact" treatment using the "cytori machine" in Serbia. Since she is here in the US now she referred me to her colleague who also performs the treatment in Serbia. It IS Kerastem, according to the doctor who performs Kerastem, it is just not named "Kerastem".

I have spoken with her on the phone and via email. Here is the email clipped to remove any names.

"Thank you for Your e-mail and interest in our clinic.

Process is identical to Kerastem’s one as we are also using Celution 800/CRS device (Produced by Cytori Inc., San Diego, USA) for cell isolation. It is not a PRP nor Acell treatment.
This is a treatment with ADRCs - Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells and we have been successfully performing this treatment for more than 2 years, mostly in men’s alopecia.
As we need a small amount of fat tissue, less than 200ml, there are no side effects except bruising and slight pain in the treated area. If pain exist, one pain killer is enough to stop it but bruises need a few days to heal.
After getting ADRCs, the surgeon applies purified fat tissue mixed with cells under the skin with a blunt cannula. This causes no pain and usually, no swelling after the procedure.
The procedure takes about 2,5 hours and we use local anaesthesia with sedation.
You would need to be here at least 3 days for the procedure. All follow ups can be done via Skype or email.

Treatment costs 4,500 euros and it includes following:
- transport from and to Belgrade Airport
- consultation and the whole procedure including the medicines you have to take after the surgery
- one night stay at the clinic and 2 nights in provided accommodation (hotel or apartment near the clinic)"

JustAnotherNoob, I know it's a lot to ask but I would like to talk with this doctor. Can you put me in touch with her. I want to make sure that they're inserting the ADSCs into their fat product (Puregraft) before
injecting the cells. These cells migrate out of the injected area rapidly so the cells would have to be inserted into the fat product (Puregraft) in order to facilitate the cells staying in the injected area.
I want to make sure that they're putting the cells into the fat product (puregraft) in such a way that they can be reasonably certain that the cells STAY in the fat product.

The fat product is designed to stay in the injected area so if they can get the ADSCs to stay in the fat product then that means they have a good chance of keeping the ADSCs to also stay in
the injected area. I would like to talk with this doctor you're in communication with if you will please get us into contact with each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you expand on this?

Not doubting you just trying to educate myself. A member on "the other forum" led me to believe it was the same treatment and that someone involved with Kerastem referred him to NE Hair.

On another note how can clinics like NE Hair offer this kind of treatment without going through clinical trials?

Once more: adipose derived stem cells rapidly migrate out of the injected area when they're injected by themselves so injecting adipose derived stem cells by themselves would probably not be very helpful because they can't help if they don't stay in the target area. It appears that Kerastem is inserting the adipose derived stem cells into a proprietary fat product that's designed to stay in the area it's implanted long term. If the cells are put into that proprietary fat product then there is a real possibility that the fat product would keep the cells in that location long term. And if that's correct then this would solve the problem of the stem cells rapidly migrating out of the target area.

- - - Updated - - -

Dr. Washenik is involved with a lot of projects, Follica being one of them as well. I wouldn't hold his involvement with Bosley against him. Remember, he was pushing for Aderans and had it been up to him, we'd be further along with their efforts.

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you expand on this?

The problem with just injecting adipose derived stem cells is that they do not stay where they are injected. They leave the area. They can't help you if they won't stay put. But the Kerastem folks appear to have a fat product that they can insert the ADSCs into and this product stays in the area it's implanted long term so this product might keep the adipose derived stem cells in that area long term as well. Also, the adipose derived stem cells come from fat tissue and the product that Kerastem is using
to house the adipose derived stem cells so the very product that Kerastem uses to house the adipose derived stem cells also contains adipiose stem cells. OK?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
+34 915 24 14 43

Svenson in Madrid have no idea about kerastem

Firstly, the Kerastem site says Spain will get the treatment soon, not that Spain already has the treatment.

Secondly, this confusion about which country does and doesn't have Kerastem is one of the reasons why we need to get Washinek involved in this situation. He can assist in making sure we are working with people overseas who actually will do the treatment on us.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I apologize, as I don't really know much about this. IF he is the MEDICAL DIRECTOR of BOSLEY, doesn't that immediately make him a horrible, unethical, parasitic pile of pig ****? Oh well, sometimes you just have to go through the proper channels.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone called the swiss clinic?madrid is still coming soon. if he swiss one is up and running, i'd jump in my car and go there right now! :)

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I apologize, as I don't really know much about this. IF he is the MEDICAL DIRECTOR of BOSLEY, doesn't that immediately make him a horrible, unethical, parasitic pile of pig ****? Oh well, sometimes you just have to go through the proper channels.

No it doesn't automatically or immediately make him all of these terrible things. I sure hope he doesn't read the things posted here. Dr. Washinek is trying very hard to cure hair loss. He's involved with a lot of projects in this effort.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone called the swiss clinic?madrid is still coming soon. if he swiss one is up and running, i'd jump in my car and go there right now! :)

As far as I know, nobody has called the Swiss clinic yet.