Whilst the depressives have been on here ....

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice one! You must be walking on air!

Alright, spill the beans ..how did you manage it?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm glad to see yet another story proving the pessimists wrong. Personality folks, personality!

seb

Reaction score
Thom said:
Congrats! I'm glad to see yet another story proving the pessimists wrong. Personality folks, personality!

Ha,whens the wedding date?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
i like that doctor guy as well. he is cool.

Who? Me? :innocent: ..................................................... :whistle:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Hey cool saf. Right on. I think you are on the right track man. I might post a bunch of 'negative' crap on here, but I tell it how I see it. I really do aspire to become more positive and confident though. I am sick of being so down on myself.

so ... I got really drunk last night and I hit on this girl I met at the uni last year on facebook. I was such an idiot, and I told her that she was really "hot and sexy" and how much I liked her wearing her "nasty, slutty black boots" :tongue:

... and as you might have guessed ... she 'unfriended' me ... :mrgreen:

Now I have to send her a hundred thousand 'apology' emails just to try to get her back as a friend ... GOD ... I'm such an idiot! ... and perv ... and a jackass!

And I doubt she will too. Serves me right I guess.

Moral of the story:
A good looking guy would've end up hooking up with her. But b/c I am bald and ugly, I got unfriended. :(

So, you need to apologise for giving her compliments? Does not compute.

Did you hit on her in person?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was reading some older post from late last year regarding s.a.f and his turn around is amazing. He was sticking up for guys like uman and supporting HPM. It's amazing how that all changed especially with HPM.

:bravo: to you s.a.f. If only I could turn things around.

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
There is always a reason why these so called beautiful women interact with a man who is beneath them.
Anyway are you going too be seeing her again....thought not.

Of course.

seb

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
seb said:
There is always a reason why these so called beautiful women interact with a man who is beneath them.

Of course.

A women who puts out on a first meeting is not relationship material....I give it one more date.

s.a.f

Reaction score
zeroes said:
I was reading some older post from late last year regarding s.a.f and his turn around is amazing. He was sticking up for guys like uman and supporting HPM. It's amazing how that all changed especially with HPM.

:bravo: to you s.a.f. If only I could turn things around.

I'm no different now to I was back then, I'll still stick up for UCman and agree with alot of what he says.
ie Yes I dont deny being bald is terrible it makes you feel pretty 5hit, I've paid a fortune to get half my hair back and would pay the same again to be able to complete the job.
I've never said you should'nt be bothered by it, and I've never denied that it hits you in the looks department and therefore in many cases hinders your chances with women.

Also yes some people will use it to make fun of you or put you down, but the same can be applied to any physical trait even the very slightest thing.

However the belief that some people have (and more importantly try to spread as fact on here) that baldness is a life ending condition causing people to hate you and all women to be disgusted by you is just deluded.

Back when I was a NW6 my confidence was on the floor but it was all my own fault because I had convinced myself of these things. Focusing on hairloss 24/7 made me become paranoid.
My opinions had become deluded to the same extreme point of these guys I was convinced that everyone else was as fixated on my bald head as much as I was.
On the rare occasion someone eg a work colleague mentioned it in my mind this was harrassment and I'd dwell on it for days.
All this led to me being a recluse and severe deprssion. Even then though people used to invite me to go out clubbing and things but I did'nt have the confidence to go out bald.

Anyway at the age of 30 I decided to get a hair transplant and anyone who knows my story knows what a disaster that was, I probably looked worse if anything with my few 100 pluggy grafts, but to my delusioned mind having a few hairs up there meant I was no longer bald.
So I decided to venture out with some work colleagues, which was terrifying but I forced myself to do it.
In my mind I was risking being ridiculed but when I actually tried it I found there was nothing to be worried about, nobody treated me as some kind of freak and I discovered that the clubs were'nt full of models and Alpha males but just ordinary people fat guys, short guys, gingers, the skinny and the ugly. And yeah there were bald guys there
(I remember the weeks before I first went out I was working out like mad because I thought every guy in the clubs was going to be super buff, and obsessing about what I was going to wear ect)

Anyway after a few drinks I was soon able fit right in and everybody kept saying the same thing "why did you never come out before"?
They certainly were'nt embarrassed to be hanging out with a bald guy or even worse a bald guy with a bad hair transplant.

The only things that have changed since then is I've had some more hair transplant's and my confidence has grown, and all the paranoia about my hair has lessend significantly.
Even though my hair is still probably worse than 90% of the guys posting on here.

Its up to you if you believe that your hair is a big issue for anyone other than yourself. But what a strangers physical imperfections matter to your life?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
where you meet her?
seb said:
s.a.f said:
seb said:

Of course.

A women who puts out on a first meeting is not relationship material....I give it one more date.

I met her at a party about a year ago she's a freind of a freind, I spent most of the night talking to her. The next day she txt'd me and said she'd like to see me again.
Naturally I was pretty F*ckin amazed and I saw her a few times but it was nothing serious. She lives in a different city to me so thats a problem.
Then about a week ago I was talking to her on facebook and she said she had moved and suggested that I should come and visit her new place, so I went there we went out and I was expecting to drive home. But things went really well and I ended up staying the whole weekend.

Hopefully she can come and spend a weekend with me soon or I'll go back and visit her again.

Now before you come up with some other lame response, to try and pour scorn on the situation .... :whistle:
Sorry that you hate yourself so much but thats your issue.

s.a.f

Reaction score
zeroes said:
It's amazing how that all changed especially with HPM.

Well HPM is just wasting his life, he's got a full head of hair with his wig on but somehow he's still got reason to be vilified as a abald guy? :dunno:

I could try and pussyfoot around agreeing with him but if he wants to turn his life around what he needs is a good :smack: to make him see sense/reality.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Its up to you if you believe that your hair is a big issue for anyone other than yourself. But what a strangers physical imperfections matter to your life?

Prior to 2 months ago I didn't really think much about my hair loss and didn't even know about the Norwood scale. I had comments about my hair in my early 20's but I didn't care about the 'M' shape or even when I started to notice the thinning on the scalp a few years ago it was only when I noticed the crown thinned worse for a 2nd time going to a hair dresser I became concern.

The problem for me isn't just hair loss, hair loss is just added to a long list of f' ups in my life. I'm 32 and feel like I have wasted all those years for zero return. Without going into a life story I feel trapped and have no way out. I've fallen really hard having gone though suicidal thoughts again, which is 99% not related to hair loss. I have had to go back on A\D having stayed off them for almost a decade. The difference this time I am older and have fallen way harder.

I've tried to maintain a positive attitude on here, mainly thanks to guys like yourself. I need to learn to stay away from this section of the forum however.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
zeroes said:
I could try and pussyfoot around agreeing with him but if he wants to turn his life around what he needs is a good :smack: to make him see sense/reality.

I need one of those as well :)

I hope HPM is OK.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The problem is alot of guys on here want to hear someone giving them sympathy :grouphug:
This may make them feel beeter in the short term and give them an excuse to blame everything in life on their hairloss, but in the longterm it leads to mass delusion.

NOBODY on here can deny the fact that most bald guys are not joining hairloss forums or using it as an excuse to give up on life. They are just living normal lives like anyone else.

slipy

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
zeroes said:

Well HPM is just wasting his life, he's got a full head of hair with his wig on but somehow he's still got reason to be vilified as a abald guy? :dunno:

with the wig now, i wonder what is holding him back? the fact that he's not really doing anything defeats the purpose of getting the wig, what's the point.

maybe he's still hung up about his height, i feel his pain, i know exactly what it's like to be below average in more than just one way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
Ok so when I walkied past a group of grown men and gave me a nazi salute,it wasnt because I am bald,its because I am sooo tall at just under 6 3"?
Yeah,like last week when I was delivering the mail,a bloke guy(for no reason) called me a "slaphead"....the list just goes on and on and on.
FFS,get in the real world,now whilst youre young,and open youre eyes.

Are you telling me that to group of grown men seeing a bald guy in his 30's is such a shocking sight that they have to do that? Did the also do it to every bald guy in his 40's, 50's, 60's? These grown men dont know anybody who's bald?

Thats 2 examples in your decade plus as a bald man - hardly constitutes what I'd call social discrimination.
I used to wear glasses and got called 4 eyes or goggles or whatever on various occasions. Just because some people are idiots does'nt make me believe that the world hates people wearing glasses.

Strange how you face this constant abuse and yet I was bald for over 5 yrs and went out in public even to nightclubs and the only thing I got was some light hearted mickey taking from work colleagues. And I'm a much easier target being a smaller guy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:
s.a.f said:
zeroes said:

with the wig now, i wonder what is holding him back? the fact that he's not really doing anything defeats the purpose of getting the wig, what's the point.

maybe he's still hung up about his height, i feel his pain, i know exactly what it's like to be below average in more than just one way.
If it was'nt the height it would be something else. Theres no set criteria you have to achieve before you're allowed to have a life.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Naw I'm happy for you saf. How did she respond when you told her about your hair transplant experience? Or did she know about that already?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Funnily enough I never thought to mention it! :whistle: