Where would you be without hairloss?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be different I'm sure, but life is random as hell, I don't know if I'd be in a better or worse place. In terms of employment and success, I doubt there would be any difference at all. In the various jobs I've worked in, I've had plenty of bosses who are bald, fat, or women who are completely unattractive, so based on my own personal experience the commonly held view on here that attractiveness = promotion, is total bull****. There aren't many good looking people generally, it's like less than 10%, everyone would notice if there was an un-necessarily high correlation of good looking people around the board meeting table at the top of every company, in reality it's just as much of a correlation as the normal public (well, people are at least more presentable at the top of most companies and clearly take good care of themselves, but genetically, just the same as random people in public).

As far as getting girls, receding/thinning hasn't really affected my attitude towards women (if one person dares make the confidence joke they can get ****ed) but obviously I'm aware it makes a difference, just in the moment of chatting to women I don't feel any different (though I can be aware of harsh lighting, it's just that usually at clubs or house parties it's a fairly dark atmosphere). I don't think there's been a dramatic change, but in the days of living and studying in a big city, with lots of nights out and a higher percentage of hot women, as well as being young and having plenty of opportunities to **** other young students, there was obviously a lot more action in those days. When I moved out to a smaller city age 23, less attractive women to be honest, couldn't go out 3-5 nights a week as working full time, things obviously took a downturn but I was still doing just fine for getting laid regularly at least. The difference being that I'd have to hold on to the same girls more instead of being spoilt for choice.

So my hair wasn't that bad when I was 23, the environment I'm living in is the same, so basically I'm the same as when I was 23 but now I'm 28, and with less hair, and there's not been a dramatic change at all. Some months are better or worse than others.

BUT- I'm not at the stage that I'd be considered "bald" straight away. In fact girls don't notice receding or thinning hair as much as guys do, I have pointed it out to women before who I've slept with, and they didn't know what I was talking about until I actually pulled it back, and unless I'm being gullible the reaction seemed a pretty genuine "oh yeah.." and not a good kind of "oh yeah.."

So anyway, lets see how different I'll find it when I'm "officially bald", because that could indeed be dramatic. Only the thing is that finasteride is growing it back since I started only 4 months ago, so hopefully I don't find out any time soon.

To sum up, not hugely different.

shookwun

Reaction score
would of pummeled a lot more holes as a teenager had I not been always hiding behind the safety of my hair. I would of had handfuls of relationships that I threw away because I was to insecure about revealing my hair to others.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'd have lots of women and a better career. I have a good job as it is but if I had my hair my job would be even better. I'd probably be rich. What's on the head affects what's in the pocket.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'd probably be rich. What's on the head affects what's in the pocket.

This resonates with me perfectly.

Never one to make excuses, but for me (one of many)it's impossible to deny how male pattern baldness has been such a persistent and pervasive distraction.

It has degraded my sense of overall wellbeing and the distress affects/infects just about every fiber of my conscience.

Frankly I cannot simply shrugged it off nor can I pretend it 's sting no longer irritates. I've tried and learned I can't will it's ill effects away. I admire those who can.

Although male pattern baldness is not my/our fault, still it's effects feel no less personal,
but moreover and most disconcertedly it doesn't stop here,

the chronic irritation from it, like the rubbing of salt crystals into old wounds, evidently has already compromised my work ethic and humane observance towards others.

Who could imagine hair loss would look so terminal?

shookwun

Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with hair loss is how glancing at your image can be the deciding factor how you entirely feel that following day. Countless memories, and days where I decided to stay in, not attend gym, and skip class because I dealt horrible about my outer image. it drains you! escaping fate, and the mirror is inevitable because it's part of our daily routine, and is the culprit on how we feel on a daily basis.

I can easily get by a women rejecting me, but not so much the mirror.

Myth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be always thinking about it, always searching for the next cure, and worrying if people noticed.

I guess a lot happier.