When you hit norwood seven it is over

whatintheworld

Reaction score
So you'd be perfectly ok with a full head of hair. Me too
Ok that was a bad example on my part I'll admit, what I wanted to say was, I don't really see the advantage to having a hair system for the purposes of some elaborate hair style.

For guys, generally, I just don't think it is necessary. Just get out of the bald guy category with some hairline and you are good. Leave the long, thick beautiful hair to the women with all their estrogen lol.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
@doubleindemnity can you confirm/deny the accusations of your mental state? (autism)
I don't think that I have it. Every time that I asked a therapist about it, I was told that there is no test (is that true??) and that they did not personally notice anything about me that would indicate that. I've made a few friends over the past few years all by just saying hi during a common activity and then eventually trading contact details. The last time I was set up on a date via family, we chatted for like 2+ hours about stuff like favorite movies, future aims, growing up etc. We were in the restaurant over 2 hours and there was no lull in the conversation. As expected, she texted that she didn't feel a connection but the point I'm making is that there didn't seem to be any trouble with conversation. So I don't know but the evidence suggests that I don't have autism.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can vouch for everything that the OP has stated as being true. The only bit that I might disagree with is in part 1 which says that NW6 may be marginally a better life than NW7. I also maybe disagree with 3 which mentions alternative approaches to online. In my opinion, all approaches are equally hopeless for a NW7. Online dating isn't inherently worse because your photos are on show. In real life approaching, you're rejected as soon as you get a lady's attention, before you can say anything, too.

I always wanted to have a family and have kids. I'm NW7 and now I have to change my entire life plans. It has taken years to be able to swallow that pill. A few years ago I had a consultation for a hair system and, looking back, I really should have just said yes and gone for it. Life is a NW7 is no life at all. Life with a system is going to be a life but a very uncomfortable and challenging one.
I was miserable and lonely when I was a NW0. You get what I'm saying? Hairloss made It worse, but It doesn't meant It was good before. If you're a happy chill out dude as a NW0, baldness wont be that big deal.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I was miserable and lonely when I was a NW0. You get what I'm saying? Hairloss made It worse, but It doesn't meant It was good before. If you're a happy chill out dude as a NW0, baldness wont be that big deal.
Well, no. Baldness will ruin almost everything good in your life. Plenty of guys on here have had their lives absolutely wrecked by baldness. And if you're miserable and lonely as a NW1, there is hope for you to fight out. As a bald guy, if you're miserable and lonely, that's the end and you won't be able to change your position in life.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
this is just my personal opinion of course so I don't mean to offend anyone, but I would kind of feel feminine wearing a hair piece.

Nice hair is actually a very feminine quality if you think about it. It is a very estrogenic symbol in a woman, which is why all men generally like long, thick hair on a woman when we see it.

My goal with hair loss was never to have great hair that I could style in many different ways, that always seemed a bit metrosexual and superficial to me. I just didn't want the damn horseshoe and a messed up frame to my face.
Look, I get where you're coming from for sure, and you have a point but only in the sense of hair system styles that are out there to the point of ridiculousness. If I went from usual thin looking toppik filled low cut hair to a huge head of luxurious Brad Pitt or Justin Beiber looking hair the next day at work, people would have a field day of gossip behind my back. And I wouldn't blame them either. I actually don't really understand the phenomenon either with a lot of wearers with regards to these outlandish styles you see all over Youtube. Sure its fun to have hair again I guess, but at the same time you want it to be as realistic as possible. I am in the same boat as you with I don't want some sort of amazing/great hair. Just something simple to frame my face again. This is why a semi small one time transplant for my frontal region could be a realistic approach for me one day. I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't super dense at all. As long as it didn't look like doll's hair and I could shoot some fibers in it forever, I'd be thrilled to the moon.

That being said, if I ever tried a system, you better believe it would be the most low key, non attention drawing style there is. I would try my very best to replicate what I had with my regular toppik filled hair and that's it. So, point is, when it comes to a scenario like that, I don't think there's anything "feminine" about that. About a boring haircut that just so happens to be a hairpiece because the guy would look like sh-t otherwise. I've seen a few of these super conservative/toned down styles online over the years and I love them. Wish we saw more. Here is a guy on Youtube that is a great example of what I'm talking about...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Look, I get where you're coming from for sure, and you have a point but only in the sense of hair system styles that are out there to the point of ridiculousness. If I went from usual thin looking toppik filled low cut hair to a huge head of luxurious Brad Pitt or Justin Beiber looking hair the next day at work, people would have a field day of gossip behind my back. And I wouldn't blame them either. I actually don't really understand the phenomenon either with a lot of wearers with regards to these outlandish styles you see all over Youtube. Sure its fun to have hair again I guess, but at the same time you want it to be as realistic as possible. I am in the same boat as you with I don't want some sort of amazing/great hair. Just something simple to frame my face again. This is why a semi small one time transplant for my frontal region could be a realistic approach for me one day. I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't super dense at all. As long as it didn't look like doll's hair and I could shoot some fibers in it forever, I'd be thrilled to the moon.

That being said, if I ever tried a system, you better believe it would be the most low key, non attention drawing style there is. I would try my very best to replicate what I had with my regular toppik filled hair and that's it. So, point is, when it comes to a scenario like that, I don't think there's anything "feminine" about that. About a boring haircut that just so happens to be a hairpiece because the guy would look like sh-t otherwise. I've seen a few of these super conservative/toned down styles online over the years and I love them. Wish we saw more. Here is a guy on Youtube that is a great example of what I'm talking about...

That guy's piece is very low key and undetectable, looks really good.

I was mostly referring to these excessive pompadour haircuts, man-buns, etc..

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

the amount of work he has to put on the maintenance is just so overwhelming and really puts me off from the idea, I've looked through some of his videos, it's too much.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
the amount of work he has to put on the maintenance is just so overwhelming and really puts me off from the idea, I've looked through some of his videos, it's too much.
A hair system is not for everyone. That is for sure. That being said you shouldn't ever let one, or even a few random guys on YouTube deter you from trying something that you think might make a real difference for you. This guy is also very new in the game. Over time the maintenance should come more naturally. That being said, not every guy is going to be "wired" so to speak to know how to confidently and properly deal with the maintenance of a hair system.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can vouch for everything that the OP has stated as being true. The only bit that I might disagree with is in part 1 which says that NW6 may be marginally a better life than NW7. I also maybe disagree with 3 which mentions alternative approaches to online. In my opinion, all approaches are equally hopeless for a NW7. Online dating isn't inherently worse because your photos are on show. In real life approaching, you're rejected as soon as you get a lady's attention, before you can say anything, too.

I always wanted to have a family and have kids. I'm NW7 and now I have to change my entire life plans. It has taken years to be able to swallow that pill. A few years ago I had a consultation for a hair system and, looking back, I really should have just said yes and gone for it. Life is a NW7 is no life at all. Life with a system is going to be a life but a very uncomfortable and challenging one.
Been awhile since I posted anything. I'm surprised this thread got so many responses but I wanted to address a few things.

I would obviously prefer nw6 over nw7 because a nw6 has less surface area to cover with a transplant. I've seen a few nw6 candidates with good donor hair and beard hair get solid frontal coverage and thin coverage on the crown. This is significantly better than bald.

Another person said it is over at nw4. This is wrong as you can get a transplant, hop on finasteride, and regain your hairline. I mean if you read the other thread about how if only this disease ended at nw3 we wouldn't have this problem. And some people are asking if I got on finasteride myself. Finasteride doesn't work for everyone, and my hairloss was too aggressive. I may have slowed down the entire process by 1 year? And once you are slick bald finasteride isn't going to amount to anything.

One person on here suggested that in person is just as bad as online. I think this depends on your head shape and height. As a 5'9 Manlet who is looking into paying 50k for skull augmentation surgery, you are correct. My hair hid my horrid skull imperfections and male pattern baldness exposed me and there is no hiding now. And I make people uncomfortable with my awful head shape. This has affected job interviews and moving up the ladder. However there are guys who have a good face, skull, jaw, and height who with hair would slay and without hair would be able to get below average women at best, which I would be happy with at this point.

I really wish hair systems were socially acceptable for men. The wigs are acceptable for women. I think the rational behind it is this deluded idea that women do not put looks as a high priority. So men have to "just be themselves" and they would be ok. Unfortunately this is a lie. Women want men to be themselves so their job of selecting a mate is a lot easier. And the reason why wigs and hats pass them off (after revealing) is because they wasted time talking to an inferior subhuman they would never subject themselves to if you didn't "deceive" them. A hair system is just an expensive hat.

I really feel for the guy here who had to make life changes due to his severe baldness. I wish him well. Unfortunately, you and I are like the ugly character in a bad sitcom. Bald, short, bad face, nothing going for us. Misery. I make decent money and I try to invest in stocks with my spare money with hopes of getting serious wealth by 40. If I end up with someone after my money then so be it because it sure is better than nothing.

I think the worst feeling that I never mentioned is that even if you do by some miracle get married, you will always be "the settle guy. " no woman is going to find you attractive physically or socially as proven in studies. So her attitude toward you is always going to be "I could have done better but I had to settle for this." And she will resent you for the rest of her life and cheat guaranteed.

And the effects are staggering because how people treat you with a hat on vs without one is day and night. I read somewhere that in the animal kingdom an animal that loses hair is usually a sign of illness and is usually ditched by the pack or herd. Mankind is not that far off from other animals. We just lie to ourselves about being above them but nature still has a hold over us and our genetic makeup plays such a serious role.

One thing I know for sure is, in 200 years balding will be gone either through breakthrough gene editing or just due to genetic lines like my fathers family (everyone is bald unlike my mothers family where men die at nw1) are ended. Now a lot of people argue with me that women pass on the gene too and it will never happen. While that is true, I don't see many bald guys in their 20s and 30s having kids. So no kids or grandkids with male pattern baldness. I think baldness isn't a big deal if it starts at 40 to 50 as it is slow and treatable and of course you are old anyway and past your prime.

The thought though that I had one chance at life and it is as a bald guy is what hurts the most. I always wanted to get the most out of life when I was in my teens working toward a good career, but despite all my hard work I end up with this ruining it all and I had no say in the matter. So despite having money, a nice home, hobbies, things that could make me a supportive dad, I won't get that because I can't get past the first hurdle of relationships, attraction.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thought though that I had one chance at life and it is as a bald guy is what hurts the most. I always wanted to get the most out of life when I was in my teens working toward a good career, but despite all my hard work I end up with this ruining it all and I had no say in the matter. So despite having money, a nice home, hobbies, things that could make me a supportive dad, I won't get that because I can't get past the first hurdle of relationships, attraction.

Damn man, this hit me right in the feels dude. You sound like a capable guy who tried his best and just ended up losing the good fight against hair loss. I wish you the best of luck, you might be able to be happy eventually. You sound like you have drive and work a lot to improve your current situation, investing in stocks and all that, maybe you'll hit the jackpot sometime. Honestly I'd rather be bald, rich and forever alone than middle class and good looking. Being rich just lets you try so many different experiences, sports, travel and get to know the world. And there's always women who might not care about dating a bald guy either way. I don't agree with your concept of being ''the settle guy'' though. A century ago most people had to marry early to however they could that lived nearby, and many couldn't choose their trade, job or what they would study in college. And many people were happy back then. I believe one of the reasons for which depression, loneliness, anxiety and that kinda stuff are so widespread today is this modern concept of ''chasing your dreams'' ''not settling for less'' and children being raised to feel like they're special. There's nothing wrong with being another brick in the wall, without it the whole structure could crumble depending on where it is. And it even comes with its own advantages, such as having more spare time, living longer, etc.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
His post is full of exaggerations and hyperboles, and incel lingo like "manlet" and "subhuman", and the tired and misguided incel assumption that all women cheat etc

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn man, this hit me right in the feels dude. You sound like a capable guy who tried his best and just ended up losing the good fight against hair loss. I wish you the best of luck, you might be able to be happy eventually. You sound like you have drive and work a lot to improve your current situation, investing in stocks and all that, maybe you'll hit the jackpot sometime. Honestly I'd rather be bald, rich and forever alone than middle class and good looking. Being rich just lets you try so many different experiences, sports, travel and get to know the world. And there's always women who might not care about dating a bald guy either way. I don't agree with your concept of being ''the settle guy'' though. A century ago most people had to marry early to however they could that lived nearby, and many couldn't choose their trade, job or what they would study in college. And many people were happy back then. I believe one of the reasons for which depression, loneliness, anxiety and that kinda stuff are so widespread today is this modern concept of ''chasing your dreams'' ''not settling for less'' and children being raised to feel like they're special. There's nothing wrong with being another brick in the wall, without it the whole structure could crumble depending on where it is. And it even comes with its own advantages, such as having more spare time, living
It sucks man and I dont have really high standards for women either. What annoys me is that female problems are usually fixable or coverable. Overweight, thinning hair, small boobs. All of these things are either 1. Not that big a deal as men generally have much lower standards 2. Can be fixed with diet or treatment or 3. Can be covered with makeup or pushup bra. But men who are short, bald, or just ugly in the face have no options. Looking at that short video of the guy with a basic hair system made me wish those were socially acceptable and it sounds like his gf is supportive. He also is a lot happier. I guess he lucked out. But unfortunately, generally speaking, if you use a hair system you are insecure and mocked for hiding the fact you are bald...yet if you walk around bald you will be mocked.

I find bald guys can never win. You start losing hair in your late teens and you hop on finasteride and one of 4 things happen. 1. You are a good responder and you have no side effects. 2. You are a good responder but get some side effects 3. You are a moderate responder with side effects. 4. You are not a good responder (me). The only good outcome is the first one. Finasteride can save your hair but you risk losing what you value most (your libido) to save your hair so you won't be horribly ugly. It's like a monkeys paw sh*t. Furthermore, if you do go bald and face ridicule, there is no legitimate treatment for it. Norwood 7s can't get a convincing hair transplant no matter how good your donor hair is, wigs and hair systems are frowned upon, and wearing hats all the time makes you look like you're deceiving people. Yet it's either that or face public shaming a couple times a week for being bald with an ugly skull.

Going to public places sucks sometimes because you see couples everywhere. Everyone seems to get the lives they wanted because they had hair (they always have hair). I never see a bald guy out with a gf in public. But just knowing that despite your hard work in life, despite your ambition, despite what you offer outside of hair, you are worthless. You can't attract anyone and get an opportunity to at least try and fail at dating. If I got dates and just failed at the dates I honestly wouldn't complain because at that point it is probably my personality or lack of chemistry and I would have to work on it. But you don't know what your flaws are or even what kind of woman you want to date because you don't get to experience dating as an ugly bald man. This lack of experience only makes things worse as women pick up on it. You can try to fake it but if you look in the mirror every day and see the ugly bald head it's really hard for any rational man to fake it without second guessing yourself.

His post is full of exaggerations and hyperboles, and incel lingo like "manlet" and "subhuman", and the tired and misguided incel assumption that all women cheat etc
Look man. You seem like a nice guy and I hope your hair transplant helps you big. And yes, I'll admit I surf reddit and 4chan on blackpill sh*t, but I think you've been on here long enough to know how awful balding is to a guy. Maybe manlet was a poor choice of words but subhuman feels real to me. I live my life feeling inferior to almost everyone because almost everyone my age falls under 2 categories: Full set of hair or bald but can pull off the look better than I can. I feel like as a human I don't belong and that isolation is going to be my only fate. Even at work people seem impatient with me because my head makes people uncomfortable. And again, no cure. My only option now might be throwing 50k or more into skull augmentation surgery. Big risk but I'm starting to get desperate. There is a good chance the surgery will do Jack sh*t for dating but maybe it will make me look less disfigured and more approachable in platonic situations. I don't have the money saved yet but I've had consultation and they advised smoothing the saggetal and adjusting the contours on the back of my skull and frontal lobe for a normal skull shape.

This also affected the relationship with my mom because both my brothers kept their hair and I got severe baldness like my dad (no one on my moms side is bald). My mother doesn't say much to me as I'm no longer the favorite. I don't provide her with granddaughters like both my brothers do and I'm viewed as a disappointment. My father never gave a sh*t about me as he only cared about his business he ran and has the mentality of a Reagan conservative in the 80s. He thinks that im using baldness as an excuse not to date, which is just flat out idiotic.

I'm just ranting at this point, but if you knew how bad nw7 was, you might understand my bitterness.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sucks man and I dont have really high standards for women either. What annoys me is that female problems are usually fixable or coverable. Overweight, thinning hair, small boobs. All of these things are either 1. Not that big a deal as men generally have much lower standards 2. Can be fixed with diet or treatment or 3. Can be covered with makeup or pushup bra. But men who are short, bald, or just ugly in the face have no options. Looking at that short video of the guy with a basic hair system made me wish those were socially acceptable and it sounds like his gf is supportive. He also is a lot happier. I guess he lucked out. But unfortunately, generally speaking, if you use a hair system you are insecure and mocked for hiding the fact you are bald...yet if you walk around bald you will be mocked.

I find bald guys can never win. You start losing hair in your late teens and you hop on finasteride and one of 4 things happen. 1. You are a good responder and you have no side effects. 2. You are a good responder but get some side effects 3. You are a moderate responder with side effects. 4. You are not a good responder (me). The only good outcome is the first one. Finasteride can save your hair but you risk losing what you value most (your libido) to save your hair so you won't be horribly ugly. It's like a monkeys paw sh*t. Furthermore, if you do go bald and face ridicule, there is no legitimate treatment for it. Norwood 7s can't get a convincing hair transplant no matter how good your donor hair is, wigs and hair systems are frowned upon, and wearing hats all the time makes you look like you're deceiving people. Yet it's either that or face public shaming a couple times a week for being bald with an ugly skull.

Going to public places sucks sometimes because you see couples everywhere. Everyone seems to get the lives they wanted because they had hair (they always have hair). I never see a bald guy out with a gf in public. But just knowing that despite your hard work in life, despite your ambition, despite what you offer outside of hair, you are worthless. You can't attract anyone and get an opportunity to at least try and fail at dating. If I got dates and just failed at the dates I honestly wouldn't complain because at that point it is probably my personality or lack of chemistry and I would have to work on it. But you don't know what your flaws are or even what kind of woman you want to date because you don't get to experience dating as an ugly bald man. This lack of experience only makes things worse as women pick up on it. You can try to fake it but if you look in the mirror every day and see the ugly bald head it's really hard for any rational man to fake it without second guessing yourself.

Look man. You seem like a nice guy and I hope your hair transplant helps you big. And yes, I'll admit I surf reddit and 4chan on blackpill sh*t, but I think you've been on here long enough to know how awful balding is to a guy. Maybe manlet was a poor choice of words but subhuman feels real to me. I live my life feeling inferior to almost everyone because almost everyone my age falls under 2 categories: Full set of hair or bald but can pull off the look better than I can. I feel like as a human I don't belong and that isolation is going to be my only fate. Even at work people seem impatient with me because my head makes people uncomfortable. And again, no cure. My only option now might be throwing 50k or more into skull augmentation surgery. Big risk but I'm starting to get desperate. There is a good chance the surgery will do Jack sh*t for dating but maybe it will make me look less disfigured and more approachable in platonic situations. I don't have the money saved yet but I've had consultation and they advised smoothing the saggetal and adjusting the contours on the back of my skull and frontal lobe for a normal skull shape.

This also affected the relationship with my mom because both my brothers kept their hair and I got severe baldness like my dad (no one on my moms side is bald). My mother doesn't say much to me as I'm no longer the favorite. I don't provide her with granddaughters like both my brothers do and I'm viewed as a disappointment. My father never gave a sh*t about me as he only cared about his business he ran and has the mentality of a Reagan conservative in the 80s. He thinks that im using baldness as an excuse not to date, which is just flat out idiotic.

I'm just ranting at this point, but if you knew how bad nw7 was, you might understand my bitterness.
Okay it was my 3rd transplant and I'll admit I'm way past the point of being bald. However I was already fully bald for a little while. It didn't last long.. only several months, but I know how it is because I experienced it first hand.

Yes I got treated differently, yes it really sucked but if I had no choice I would handle it. And yes my dating life would be very compromised. I would continue to get sh*t from people for the rest of my life for being bald and it would be the most noticeable trait about my looks.

There are a lot of bald dudes out there and most of them don't post on forums. Sure they would prefer to have hair but they have accepted it and moved on. They end up getting married and have children. You got to understand that the Internet does not reflect real life.

First step towards comfort and happiness is not being obsessed with women and dating. Only once you accept your worst fear that you might not achieve what you desire, you free yourself out of your anxiety and then you can actually slowly start working towards achieving it.

Last edited:

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many grafts do you have for FUE as an NW7 guy? Maybe that coupled with skull augmentation will get you to feel more "normal" looking. Forget about the crown and focus on the hairline and keep it buzzed.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Don't get skull augmentation, that is just ridiculous.

Get in shape, save up $ for a transplant(s) with the best doctor you can, and pull yourself out of this hole.

Microdose finasteride if you need to. Maybe take 0.5 mg every day instead, or 1 mg every other day.

Don't let this bullcrap defeat you. Life is too short.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many grafts do you have for FUE as an NW7 guy? Maybe that coupled with skull augmentation will get you to feel more "normal" looking. Forget about the crown and focus on the hairline and keep it buzzed.

I have considered getting about an inch of dense hairline back followed by maybe 3 inches of not so dense midscalp. Unfortunately I have thick hair but low density so there isn't much going for me here. The most they could get out of me is probably 1 session for about 2000 grafts. If it was possible to move all hair on the sides to the top without scars I would have enough grafts for reasonable coverage and just cut it really short like a grade 2. There is a risk of looking silly with hair transplants though, and all of this kind of work can cost me 70,000 dollars. A steep price just to try to look normal again.

I dont view relationships with women as attainable anymore. I sometimes try here and there but the results are always the same. So for now my relationship is that women exist and are part of a world I don't understand and will probably never understand and my relationships with men who are friends or coworkers will still stay afloat as I think men as adults are less judgemental on your looks as a guy. But in the end you will live an incomplete life without someone. A lot of people say that you just need to find ways to make yourself happy. That can be true but it is a lot harder to cope with than you might think. I feel like I accomplished a lot and have pretty much everything I wanted except for my own family. The worst thing for me the puts me in a depressive state is the fact that you only got 1 shot at life and this came along and ruined it. You had no say in your genetic lottery and now your genes are going to end your life. Not literally but metaphorically. Balding young is a life threatening condition that gets little attention because most people don't get aggressive baldness and don't look horrible when it's finished. You are like that kid with a genetic disease that make him wheelchair bound, you just look at them with pity and some people will mock them when it is through no fault of their own, but you never think that we need to find a cure for this because it's not like it's happening like some pandemic. Advanced balding is rare and if you remember from high school, there was probably 1 or 2 people in your grade going bald early out of hundreds. You are in the minority so you aren't getting any attention for your suffering.

Norwoodcel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally speaking, i agree with all of the OP..
Balding is a severe defect in the eyes of women and especially in online dating which is all about looks.
I have a good face, but I'm balding now therefore I get jack-sh*t on dating apps.

Guys who are uglier than me with a perfect head of hair will get more. That's just the black pilled reality of this world.