Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

g.i joey

Reaction score
Where's the thread of a few people trying this and documenting this with detailed records?

I think it's clear that this is an experimental thread and the safety is unproven.

On average it's a 15% increase in both T & E, but it's clear from people's experiences that the variations are not negligible.

Just type in alpicort f for hairloss in google search bar, it's not foreign to the hairloss world. It's been spoken about since 2005 is the earliest I can find. If it was effective then it would def be part of people's regimens and well promoted through all the hairloss channels. I mean, look at RU, it's still very alive on the forums and we don't even KNOW the side effects that come with it, besides the fact that too much can directly effect your heart.

I understand the point of this thread is being experimental. But the experiment concluded that it won't work in most people and the people who do have a positive response suffer sides that seem even worst than propecia sides.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I mean, we've seen people take mtof drugs multiple times on here. We know it works and we all wish we could but we can't, what makes this experiment any different?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, we've seen people take mtof drugs multiple times on here. We know it works and we all wish we could but we can't, what makes this experiment any different?

Every drug will have its own specific side effect and effectiveness profile with distributions in the general population.

I may be misreading him, but I think @whatevr is first of all somebody who tried and failed with finasteride, and is now trying a modest dose of something else while carefully monitoring his progress.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Whatevrs story is a little weird, as he experienced regrowth as soon as he quit finasteride and was a couple weeks into alpicort. Isn't that way too soon to be seeing positive signs from a hair growth perspective?

Isn't general consensus 2-6 months for any effect earliest?

Anyways, I don't doubt he had good results from this drug, but again it's a risk most of us aren't willing to take. Considering he got sides from his "modest dose" says enough for me.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr I think people are also ignoring the letrozole you had in that pic. You know this already, letro is a very powerful AI that will nuke your estrogen production even with small doses.

Do you have the letro on hand just in case you need it or are you going to be dosing it from the start? I bought letro when I bought Alpicort but I haven't needed it.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
The one time I agree with Fred.

Does whatever really think NOONE has ever tried this? There's a reason it's not a viable option and idk what makes you think you'll be the exception. You're not the first desperate hairloss sufferer who thought "conventional methods arentnfor me, I need to think outside the box "

Dude hates finasteride cause t gave him puffy nips but is glorifying estrogen after not being able to get it up, Suffering brain fog and recurring gyno and etc

You're making a lot of sense bud.

Here's what I don't understand.
  • Estrogen has been found to be the most potent activator of mast cells, which are found in abundance in the scalps of male pattern baldness.
  • Mast cell degranulation is a major culprit of the increase in PGD2, which puts our follicles to sleep
  • Salicylic Acid is a known COX-2 inhibitor (restricts both PGD2, but also PGE2 <---- which is what we don't want)
Why then is anyone on this planet dumping estrogen into their scalp along with Salicylic Acid?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Estrogen has been found to be the most potent activator of mast cells, which are found in abunadance in the scalps of male pattern baldness.
  • Mast cells degranulation is a major culprit of the increase in PGD2, which puts our follicles to sleep
  • Salicylic Acid is a known COX-2 inhibitor (restricts both PGD2, but also PGE2 <---- which is what we don't want)
Why then is anyone on this planet dumping estrogen into their scalp along with Salicylic Acid?

The prostaglandin hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
yes that is what i wanted to say . and in my case it increase wway too much . At first this is like a testosterone cycle , then the body convert it to oestrogen and you get puffy nipples and lump forming

What were your T-levels like before you started?

Was just curious because I inquired about this kind of thing in a different thread about Alpicort F i.e. the possibility that side-effects are only seen in those who's various hormone levels became elevated. But then it was also brought to my attention that it's not necessarily the levels - but the sensitivity to them.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Estrogen has been found to be the most potent activator of mast cells, which are found in abundance in the scalps of male pattern baldness.
  • Mast cell degranulation is a major culprit of the increase in PGD2, which puts our follicles to sleep

You use what works in real life, not what works on paper.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Letrozole is super strong. I took a 1/4 pills this week for precaution every other day, but bullshit. Joint pains throughout the day.

Even 1/4 pill is too strong. I found advice on the German forum to dissolve a pill into 10 mL, so that should be about 0.25 mg (1/10th) maybe 2x weekly. Gonna wait for it the estrogen to raise a bit and then try the new dosing while applying estrogen sources topically.

I also made a salicylic acid mixture at the same concentration as Alpicort..

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Letrozole is a cancer drug.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/treatment/cancer-drugs/letrozole

I hope you don't 'inspire' anyone else on this forum.

LETROZOLE is an AROMATASE INHIBITOR. It helps for any condition where REDUCING ESTROGEN is important, whether that is BREAST CANCER, or GYNECOMASTIA, or HYPERESTROGENISM, or whatever.

FINASTERIDE is a PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA drug. See how f*****g stupid that sounds? What's your point? It doesn't matter what a drug is used to treat, only what the mechanism of action is.

It's amazing that you spent years on ImmortalHair but didn't learn a damn f*****g thing about biology.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I don't see any harm in whatevr dictating how letro has helped or hasn't helped in. Under a doctors supervision letro can work miracles on fixing any estrogen dominant related problem.

@whatevr , sorry for not reading but what exactly are u using letro for? I have a little experience with it and it benefited me and saved me a bunch of money that otherwise would've been spent on surgery.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Letrozole is super strong. I took a 1/4 pills this week for precaution every other day, but bullshit. Joint pains throughout the day.

Even 1/4 pill is too strong. I found advice on the German forum to dissolve a pill into 10 mL, so that should be about 0.25 mg (1/10th) maybe 2x weekly. Gonna wait for it the estrogen to raise a bit and then try the new dosing while applying estrogen sources topically.

I also made a salicylic acid mixture at the same concentration as Alpicort..

A dose as small as .25 will reduce about 30% of overall estro for up to 2 days effectively. Letro sides are brutal with continued use, they make finasteride look like candy

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr , sorry for not reading but what exactly are u using letro for? I have a little experience with it and it benefited me and saved me a bunch of money that otherwise would've been spent on surgery.

I'm using it to control systemic estrogen levels while trying to see if topically applied estrogen on my scalp can improve my hair situation.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you know that's not even close to a viable long term option.

Why not? Letrozole seems to have decent long-term safety especially if only used at 0.25 mg 2x weekly.

If the regimen proves ineffective I'm not going to continue using it anyway.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a side note my ability to get fully hard and sensitivity down there are slowly improving on letrozole.
I never got my erection strength and libido back entirely after quitting finasteride, perhaps messed up my HPG axis and left me with high estrogen after quitting it.
Initially my libido tanked but now as the joint paints are going away and the estrogen levels are normalizing my erection quality and libido is going up. If I can keep it at a sweet spot that would be perfect. I need a normal-functioning dick for this chick I'm messing around with.