Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
waht is your current dosage ? 1 mg pr day ? Unfortunately for me my left nipple is puffy again, . I am currently at 1 mg per day . But i will have to live with it

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and whatever , i have read a study which show that propecia don't mess up the HPTA axis . But this is true that since i am on fina my libido has taken an huge hit , no more morning wood , etc ...
But for me when i stop propecia my oestrogen dropped drasticaly . in just 2 week off they are in the low low range

g.i joey

Reaction score
I take either .5 or 1mg Sunday-thurs, at least 3/5 of those doses are 1mg. So about 4mg/week sometimes more.

Like I said, my nipples are slightly puffy too. But if that is the only symptom you have without any growth/pain/irritation my Doctor ensures that once I'm off the drug the puffyness will dissipate. I'm also about 20-30 pounds overweight so I can't be sure if reducing my weight may help. I dropped 20 poiynds back in early 2015 and I'm sure it helped in shrinking my gland back it it's normal size, obviously with the use of letrozole. Letro is great in drying you out.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing is that i never felt or feel any pain . Just got puffier nipple than usual , but no pain or nothing . And i am really lean and muscular , so i knew something was wrong . i know that off the drug the puffiness disapear .

My only fear is the fact that if i keep taking it for 10 years the gland will form and stay, and i will have to do a surgery.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr Out of interest, why did you change to the iherb topical estrogen? I've got the same product, have been using a very small amount on the temples (half a pump) every other day just as part of my regimen and to help with regrowth i am seeing at the temples. How much are you applying?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LETROZOLE is an AROMATASE INHIBITOR. It helps for any condition where REDUCING ESTROGEN is important, whether that is BREAST CANCER, or GYNECOMASTIA, or HYPERESTROGENISM, or whatever.

FINASTERIDE is a PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA drug. See how f*****g stupid that sounds? What's your point? It doesn't matter what a drug is used to treat, only what the mechanism of action is.

It's amazing that you spent years on ImmortalHair but didn't learn a damn f*****g thing about biology.

i like ur attidude. it seems like you too are just begging to see how dumb most of the posters here are

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, let's sum this up.

1) Alpicort no longer works
2) Letrozole is way too harsh to use, impossible to balance with topical estrogens, either it's constant joint pain or sensitive/itchy nipples
3) Libido is all over the place, sometimes I get normal erections and then like today it's like the poor guy died and touching it does absolutely nothing

So, what's my future now?

1) Can't use anything systemic, finasteride dutasteride anything that has systemic properties is off the table, already got gyno from finasteride, didn't work to save my hair, forget about it
2) What f*****g topicals can stop male pattern baldness. I will continue using minoxidil Salicylic Acid and Keto, maybe adding Alfatradiol but I doubt it will do anything

It was nice leading a semi normal life for 3 months hey! I kissed and fingered a girl for the first time in my life which I wouldn't do if I was noticeable bald. Unforutnately it seems like it ends here. The only things I can safely use anymore will not work and everything else is too dangerous due to feminizing side effects.

I wish I could just shoot myself in the head. I am so so so f*****g tired of researching, of f*****g with my body, of side effects, looking at my hair, f*** f*** f*** f*****g end this shite already.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a similar position as you . Took propecia and it did nothin for my hair and got puffy nipples while on it .
My afvice would be to take propecia 1 mg and accept the puffiness of the nipples . And wait for a potential cure .

Because alpicort and letrozole is insane in the long run .

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, let's sum this up.

2) Letrozole is way too harsh to use, impossible to balance with topical estrogens, either it's constant joint pain or sensitive/itchy nipples
3) Libido is all over the place, sometimes I get normal erections and then like today it's like the poor guy died and touching it does absolutely nothing

1) Can't use anything systemic, finasteride dutasteride anything that has systemic properties is off the table, already got gyno from finasteride, didn't work to save my hair, forget about it
2) What f*****g topicals can stop male pattern baldness. I will continue using minoxidil Salicylic Acid and Keto, maybe adding Alfatradiol but I doubt it will do anything

It was nice leading a semi normal life for 3 months hey! I kissed and fingered a girl for the first time in my life which I wouldn't do if I was noticeable bald. Unforutnately it seems like it ends here. The only things I can safely use anymore will not work and everything else is too dangerous due to feminizing side effects.

I wish I could just shoot myself in the head. I am so so so f*****g tired of researching, of f*****g with my body, of side effects, looking at my hair, f*** f*** f*** f*****g end this shite already.
You can still finger prostitutes.

Last edited:

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry that's it's been so up and down mate. As someone who has had experience of being unsure about a regimen I think the best thing you can do is to get on to a solid regimen and give it a few months to let everything settle down.

What about a low dose of topical ru, maybe a 3% solution. Use this every day combined with the alpicort a couple of times a week. Maybe 2-3 times and just on the temples, so you get the added benefit. You could then add a two month course 60mg raloxifene to sort gyno out, this also increase testosterone a bit but does not crash estrogen. Try this for a good 3 months to see if things settle. If I was you I would also add another growth stimulant, maybe minoxidil or neogenic.
Good luck

So, let's sum this up.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent f*****g idea mate! Why didn't I think of it!
On more serious note, I saw that you used a low concentration topical finasteride ? why not give it one more shot at a higher concentration ? I myself am using 0.25 % liposomal topical finasteride, no sides so far.

hlt4678

Reaction score
Hey whatevr. I'm sorry to hear your progress has stalled. That sucks. Can I ask you a question about your early stage regrowth?

When you first noticed new hair coming in, what colour was it? I ask this, because I am on strong transgender hrt: 200mg spironolactone, 1mg finasteride, 6mg Estradiol Valarete and a squidge of Oestrogel on the hairline every day. Although I am still shedding like crazy I am starting to see some blonde hairs come through on my hairline. My hair is usually brown. Some of these new blonde hairs are almost a centimetre long so I'm not sure what to call it. Weather it's just peach fuzz that will eventually go away or weather it's finally a sign of success. I've tried to take pictures but non of these new hair shows up on the camera that well. But both sides of my hairline are now showing some blonde. Don't really know what to make of it.

Danik0226

Reaction score
Hey whatevr. I'm sorry to hear your progress has stalled. That sucks. Can I ask you a question about your early stage regrowth?

When you first noticed new hair coming in, what colour was it? I ask this, because I am on strong transgender hrt: 200mg spironolactone, 1mg finasteride, 6mg Estradiol Valarete and a squidge of Oestrogel on the hairline every day. Although I am still shedding like crazy I am starting to see some blonde hairs come through on my hairline. My hair is usually brown. Some of these new blonde hairs are almost a centimetre long so I'm not sure what to call it. Weather it's just peach fuzz that will eventually go away or weather it's finally a sign of success. I've tried to take pictures but non of these new hair shows up on the camera that well. But both sides of my hairline are now showing some blonde. Don't really know what to make of it.

I think the color of hair is interesting. I was blond to the point of it being almost white as a young child. Overtime my hair gradually turned darker (brownish/blond). It wasn't until I started losing hair that it became much darker brown.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Estradiol diminishes the melanin pigment content in hair, skin, and even sometimes the irises of the eye.

I am one of the lucky few who got a surprise eye color change and it happened very quick, just before one full month on HRT was completed. My eyes used to be solid brown, then they changed to mostly greenish-hazel with only a brown patch surrounding the pupils (this is called central heterochromia). Now at right at 5 months HRT complete, my eyes are tri-color... green around the outer rim of the iris, hazel in the middle band, and a very small bit of brown still around the pupils. I always hated having plain brown eyes and longed to have green eyes instead, maybe I'm finally getting my wish, anyway the color change thus far has made me so happy!

If your new hairs are a full centimeter long, that's a good sign the may be terminal and the next anagen cycle for them should prove that out. If you're new hair is blonde, so what? I am (was) a natural brunette, but started turning grey as it started falling out. I'd happily take blonde regrowth, hell I'd even be ecstatic to get gray regrowth!!!! A box of L'Oreal Superior Preference dye is less than $10 and lasts up to 8 weeks, I use the #4 dark brown to dye my hair so I can see the new growth more easily. The roots get gray/light in a couple weeks so I can see how quickly my regrowth is happening by contrasting the existing dark portion of the strands to the new growth.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On more serious note, I saw that you used a low concentration topical finasteride ? why not give it one more shot at a higher concentration ? I myself am using 0.25 % liposomal topical finasteride, no sides so far.

Sounds interesting. Which one are you using and does it help already?