what is toppik?

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
afraid it's true! We even lost to the aussies that's how little we care about friendlies - which sucks because the fans pay hard earned cash to see their country play what turns out to be just a half hearted training session!

Anyway Sweden are the best Scandinavian footballing side! :wink: No offense but England ALWAYS lose to Sweden and they've given us Sven!

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mr_sparkle said:
Seems better than Toppik the main reason I'd want something like this is for occasions like swimming when I need a little extra stuff!

If you want something for swimming its JUST dermmatch, all the way. Toppik will come off in a heartbeat.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Social drinker,

I have noticed in your photos that you let your hair down, so that its impossible to see the hair line.

On the contrary I comb my hair to the back making my hairloss, recessation and thinning pretty obvious rather than hiding it.

Do you still think dermmatch can be successful on hair line application or I need to change my hair style for dermmatch :wink:
Many thanks

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:
Social drinker,

I have noticed in your photos that you let your hair down, so that its impossible to see the hair line.

On the contrary I comb my hair to the back making my hairloss, recessation and thinning pretty obvious rather than hiding it.

Do you still think dermmatch can be successful on hair line application or I need to change my hair style for dermmatch :wink:
Many thanks

Actually, dude, in this picture:

DermatchwithGel.jpg

my hair is styled so the hairline is very obvious if you are looking directly at me. Obviously, at that angle it isn't. I don't think that you would need to change your hair style, just know that you will have to work with it for a little while to get it to suite your taste. Hell, sometimes even with the dermatch I cant get my hair to look as good as I want - just like any other bad hair day. However, no matter how bad it looks and how much like a rat's nest it looks - there's definitely hair there. :D

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
mr_sparkle said:
a
Anyway Sweden are the best Scandinavian footballing side! :wink: No offense but England ALWAYS lose to Sweden and they've given us Sven!

You have to be joking mate? Denmark has always been THE scandinavian conuntry when it comes to soccer - everyone knows that! :lol:

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:
Social drinker,

Many thanks
I do the same thing with my hair, and I use Dermmatch. Just make sure when putting it on you don't go too close to the hairline. Start back a ways and then use a dry applicator and blend it toward the hairline.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
PartTimeNinja said:
mr_sparkle said:
a

You have to be joking mate? Denmark has always been THE scandinavian conuntry when it comes to soccer - everyone knows that! :lol:

Yes! We had the Laudrup-brothers and Schmeichel. No Swede is more famous than those guys.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vinton Harper said:
nexus81 said:
Social drinker,

Many thanks
I do the same thing with my hair, and I use Dermmatch. Just make sure when putting it on you don't go too close to the hairline. Start back a ways and then use a dry applicator and blend it toward the hairline.

That's one way that I'll have to try too. I just apply about 3/4" to 1/2" back from the start of my hair line. If there is too much there after it dries I just kind of wipe up with a damp towel.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
AND...I second that - along with heaps of other GREAT footballers!

Just look at the results of European & World cups throughout the last 25 years - I'm sure you'll see Denmark in the quarter or semifinals A LOT more than Sweden (no dis-respect to my Swedish brothers - nobody can make pop music like them - and get piss-drunk on the streets of Copenhagen :lol: ).

Thinning1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Great thread this, its really helped me out some. Hopefully my Dermatch will arrive in the next couple of days.

Just one thing. I've looked at Social Drinkers pics (excellent) and noticed that they look fairly styled (use of gel etc..etc). I was just wondering if Dermatch will allow you to do this? I know with toppik if your hair isn't dry it goes to sh*t. The last thing you can do is attempt to put gel in toppik hair without getting little gobs of dirty fibers all over the place. Can you use gel with Dermatch?

Also, another poster said colouring or 'highlighting' your hair is bad for it? This can't possably cause further hair loss can it???

Cheers,

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thinning1 said:
I've looked at Social Drinkers pics (excellent) and noticed that they look fairly styled (use of gel etc..etc). I was just wondering if Dermatch will allow you to do this?

yup. That last pic with the Dermatch and Toppik are with gel.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
social_drinker said:
Wow, its weird that you pointed that out.

My hair is naturally very fine and soft. However, I am finding that with the Dermatch that it will make the hairs a little wiry. I guess because it bonds with them to make them thicker.

See the part I highlighted? Thats how my hair looks when it gets to long. That look a bit wirey to me but the rest of your hair looks normal so I guess it's a fluke that I think that.

x5qdermbefore2.jpg

Cassin,

I just happened to be looking back through this thread tonight and realized something about your question.

The reason that the hair at my hair line is a bit wiry is because it is transplanted hair. I had a hair transplant in June of 2004. Since the hair from the donor area is coarser than that at the hairline, when it first grows in it is coarser than other hairline hair. It will take time, but it will eventually take on the characteristics of the naturally-growing hairline hair.

Hope this clears that up.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Red Rose said:
Dermmatch if used daily should last a good 5 months minimum.

Because I wash my hair twice on most days (due to going to the gym) I apply it twice on most days too. I am almost out of my first can that I recieved in November.

That is still long enough to be worth the price to me, though.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I didnt bother reading through all 10 pages of comments :) , but i'll say on behalf of prothik, for me at least, it has worked great. I am in the early stages of diffuse thinning, I'm not sure how effective it would be if my condition were more severe, but it does a very good job of making my hair appear thicker. Much better than sawdust, too :p . My only complaints are that the airisol can gets clogged with resin sometimes and doesnt come out easily, also you have to be careful not to use too much or it will give your hair a especially corse and matted down look. Also, make sure you use it in good lighting -- dont want to go outside and look like some jackass who spray painted his scalp. good luck.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do people keep referring to sawdust? I take it that is in regards to Toppik? Hey, it may not work for you but it works for me. I just figured i'd post pictures of what it does for me so anyone interested could see the possibilities. I wear it almost everyday while I am waiting for my crown to thicken up and it is unnoticeable - no question about it. At first I thought I may be fooling myself but now I KNOW that I'm not. But if you think it looks like sawdust, then I can't really argue...

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
No I dont think it looks like sawdust, I was just sarcasticly commenting on what someone else said about it earlier. I havnt tried toppik, or dermatch, i've only tried prothik, i assume the results are comparable to what you use. I love the results I get with prothik.