Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
So with Dermmatch I guess the wet look is out?! :wink:
003Applied.jpg

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually, if I use a pomade after its in I can pull off the wet look pretty good. But im really not all about it. I prefer the "bedhead" look, personally. I never before imagined that it would take this much work to achieve it ;).

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dermmatch is absolutely GOD LIKE.

I challenge anyone with some recession not to be amazed by this stuff.

No doubt about it will keep your sanity while you are treating your hair loss because with it on some guys here, I suspect, will not even look like they are balding.

One disk has so far lasted me almost 8 months.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is an artists rendition in MSpaint of the top of my head towel-dried.

Which would be the best product to use?

(yes I'm aware it looks like a crop circle)

(the scottish patches are areas that are diffused and I can most of the time cover if my hair is combed in the right way)

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bone,

i would say that you should be able to get away with just some Toppik if all of your thinning was isolated in that small "Q-tip"-like spot on your crown. Just get the $20 bottle and the Fiberhold spray and see what it does for you. I wouldn't think that you would need any Couvre' at all.

That, are you could definitely get away with using Dermatch. That would certainly be cheaper in the long run. I think that either Toppik or Dermatch would do you right :).

I dont know about how good your luck will be getting that color green though. ;)

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
How Couvre works? It seems to be a good stuff because it's ok with water. Is it like dermatch or more like toppik, or none? Any pictures of Couvre use and application? :|

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The first pictures i posted were of before/after with Couvre and Toppik. Couvre' is paste-like and I dont think it would work very well on its own, IMO.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, it's not green.. it's gold. I dont have a huge pallet to work from here, you know?

:hairy:

Since dermmatch lasts longer, I might get me some o' that.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll apply it all the way down to about an inch back. If that gets to be a bit too gunky i'll just towel it off.

Reaction score
Social how long does it take you to apply Dermatch? I've tried using it in the past and the results truly are incredible, but it took me a total of 30 to 40 minutes from initial application until the point where it was dry and safe to put a shirt on. I guess blow drying would speed the process up a little bit. For everyday use though, I find using Toppik to be much more practical when I'm more pressed for time getting ready for work. That takes at max five minutes in the morning and I'm good to go. When I have more preparation time I do like to use Dermatch.

These products must prove invaluable when going through sheds.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
wow social drinker... awesome coverage man!

in your opinion, which of these products work best with other styling products?

and where can i find dermatch? thanks!

Reaction score

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Miller,

I guess it takes about 5 minutes to apply and using the blowdryer for a minute or so, another 5 minutes to dry enought o put a shirt on safely.

I just brush my teeth and stuff during that time.

Yeah I agree, though. If all you need is Toppik to cover up good, then by all means go with that. I just can't see using gel with Toppik because it comes off very easily with Gel.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
MillerEvolution said:
Social how long does it take you to apply Dermatch? I've tried using it in the past and the results truly are incredible, but it took me a total of 30 to 40 minutes from initial application until the point where it was dry and safe to put a shirt on. I guess blow drying would speed the process up a little bit. For everyday use though, I find using Toppik to be much more practical when I'm more pressed for time getting ready for work. That takes at max five minutes in the morning and I'm good to go. When I have more preparation time I do like to use Dermatch.

These products must prove invaluable when going through sheds.

Why not just put your shirt on before you Dermatch your hair?

Is it because application is messy and you don't want to get it on your shirt?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wastingpenguins said:

Exactly. It does take on an airborne, fine powder form when youre brushing your hair. This can and will get all over your shoulders. I find its best just to wait.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
wastingpenguins said:

Exactly. It does take on an airborne, fine powder form when youre brushing your hair. This can and will get all over your shoulders. I find its best just to wait.

Couvre is better...does not do this. Been on it for 13 years.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
Miller,

I guess it takes about 5 minutes to apply and using the blowdryer for a minute or so, another 5 minutes to dry enought o put a shirt on safely.

I just brush my teeth and stuff during that time.

Yeah I agree, though. If all you need is Toppik to cover up good, then by all means go with that. I just can't see using gel with Toppik because it comes off very easily with Gel.

Social_Drinker,
Is the Toppik or Dermatch visible in strong harsh Sun light?
I have seen many posts where users of Toppik say that it works wonders in the bathroom light but as soon as you hit the sun, its easily noticable that saw dust has been dumped on your head.
Is that true?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my experience its not detectable. I was really concerned about this too. The one thing you really want to make sure you do is to put some in the thicker hair too. This ensures that the color is the same all over.