what is toppik?

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
what is toppik?

it is supposed to be some concealer but does it really work and is it effective? anyone ever use it before and had great results?

i checked out the info posted on this site and it was pretty freakin awesome! but 39.95 for a small bottle... =( approximately how long will this one bottle last me?

thanks!

Axon

Reaction score
It is a concealer.

It works fairly well and is pretty hard to pick up. Depends.

I've only used it once or twice, can't tell you how long a bottle would last.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah.. the before and after pics with usage are crazy! seems as if the user was on the big 3 for at least 8 months or something like that.

i'm just wondering if this stuff is a load of bull or if it actually does what it claims to do.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used it once. Sawdust would have done just as well.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used it once and threw the rest away. But others say it works for them, so who knows.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
I used it once. Sawdust would have done just as well.

I'll second that.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't know, i have used it before. sometimes, if i feel like spiking my hair up and not worrying about having it in "just the right place" i'll spray it in. actually if you spray it on, let it set for a few minutes then add wax it works awesome, its totally undetectable and just adds that little bit extra that you need till your regimen kicks in. i just use like one little spray in the front (mostly for peace of mind) i couldn't imagine using it for decently thin hair though, it would probably look bad, but if you just want to touch up a spot so you feel more confident, i recommend it (till your regimine kicks in).

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
Works great when used correctly. My toppiks typically last 4 to 5 months. My current bottle has lasted since April, but then again...I don't need or use that much...just a few shakes every day.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is me BEFORE my hair transplant back in May. This is Toppik used in conjuntion with Couvre'. It takes some practice, but its definitely something to look into:

BEFORE TOPPIK and COUVRE:

beforetoppikandcouvre.jpg

AFTER TOPPIK and COUVRE:

aftertoppikandcouvre.jpg

misterium

Reaction score
damn man that looks great!!!

you do a good job on your application.. what do you use for styling aids ?

are you happy with your hair transplant ?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well that was just towel-dry hair fresh from the shower. I then applied the Couvre and then sprinkled on the Toppik. The Toppik fibre hold spray works pretty good as hair spray though I didnt have it on in this picture. Remember, this was back before I had my hair transplant so it looks even better now when I apply both. I just ordered some Dermmatch. I may post some pictures after I experiment with it a bit.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
holy friggen crap! that's awesome dude!

what is couvre? is it like the gel version of toppik?

also how long does it take to apply+style?

thanks again guys

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Couvre is a pasty-like substance that (as far as I know) is only found at the same site where Toppik is bought. It can be a messy pain in the *** at first. I would say that both can. It takes a few times to get the hang of both of them but it can be worth it.

I would say that it takes about 5 minutes or so after you have your technique down to apply it.

I hope this helps you guys!

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks totally wild! I use Dermmatch myself. Can't live without it, but I will try Toppik or/and Prothik asap.

I'd say that when I use Dermmatch, then you can't tell I'm thinning at the front. I would never go without it, and it's totally cheap.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
where can I get all these wonderful products?

Linky?

[side note]

Social Drinker... HOLY sh*t !!!!

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks social.. I'm off to get my CC!!

(this should cover that damned spot in back since it's only 1 X 1)

whats the difference between them and derm-match?