What Is The Most Effective Diet Plan?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sugar, inflammation and eating too much pig is the killer. Just look at the 100+ numbers in Okinawa and Sardinia! Blue zone diet. The proof is in the proverbial pudding!

The problem is a lot of society are a bunch of fat, lazy, pint drinking, pie eating, takeaway ordering, football watching arseholes.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eliminating a complete macronutrient is never a good idea if you care about having a balanced diet and long term positive health outcomes

These concepts are overrated, don't be obese and your lifespawn won't change too much no matter what you eat.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my scales aren't working right now but i'd say i have roughly lost about 42lbs on my diet since end of October beginning of November can't quite remember when i started. I have a cheat day now and again and order a takeaway and eat way way too much lol I plan on not having such an aggressive diet plan once i lose another 24lbs or something. Right now it's roughly 500 calories 4 days of the week water fast for 3. Like i said i my scales aren't working right now but i was 224lbs before i started my diet.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sugar, inflammation and eating too much pig is the killer. Just look at the 100+ numbers in Okinawa and Sardinia! Blue zone diet. The proof is in the proverbial pudding!

The problem is a lot of society are a bunch of fat, lazy, pint drinking, pie eating, takeaway ordering, football watching arseholes.

The idea that the Okinawans were vegans is actually vegan propaganda. Yes, they were very healthy, but they were never vegans. They also ate different legumes and vegetables than Western vegans eat, and they consumed fewer total calories.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okinawa_diet
http://www.tendergrassfedmeat.com/2011/03/01/eat-fat-live-long—the-real-food-of-okinawa/

INT

Reaction score
The idea that the Okinawans were vegans is actually vegan propaganda. Yes, they were very healthy, but they were never vegans. They also ate different legumes and vegetables than Western vegans eat, and they consumed fewer total calories.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okinawa_diet
http://www.tendergrassfedmeat.com/2011/03/01/eat-fat-live-long—the-real-food-of-okinawa/

I rarely heard anyone say that they are vegan tbh. Vegans are also unlikely to say this because they claim that veganism is a lifestyle and eating a vegan diet is merely called plant-based.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I rarely heard anyone say that they are vegan tbh. Vegans are also unlikely to say this because they claim that veganism is a lifestyle and eating a vegan diet is merely called plant-based.

I was being a bit hyperbolic, the Okinawans have not been claimed to be vegan but they have been claimed to relatively more vegan than other groups. It's been argued by many, many people that the longevity of the Okinawans is due to their low-meat diet. That is wrong on many levels:
- The Okinawans might be different in ways other than their diet. They might have different genetics, different levels of alcohol and tobacco consumption, and a different social organization. Nobody should ever assume that diet is the only factor.
- The Okinawans ate different vegetables and legumes than those commonly eaten in the west, thus, even if a "plant-based" diet was the reason for their success, it wouldn't be relevant. They might simply be eating better plants. They eat a different variety of sweet potato that yields a different blood sugar products. They eat fermented soy products, which are different from soy milk, etc.
- The amount of meat that they were eating was drastically under-estimated by the first analyses. They do eat meat. A lot of it.

Note that the pro-keto crowd has often pulled a similar, equally misleading stunt with the eskimos.

Referring to a vegan diet as a "plant-based" diet is merely a marketing gimmick. I don't care for it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was being a bit hyperbolic, the Okinawans have not been claimed to be vegan but they have been claimed to relatively more vegan than other groups. It's been argued by many, many people that the longevity of the Okinawans is due to their low-meat diet. That is wrong on many levels:
- The Okinawans might be different in ways other than their diet. They might have different genetics, different levels of alcohol and tobacco consumption, and a different social organization. Nobody should ever assume that diet is the only factor.
- The Okinawans ate different vegetables and legumes than those commonly eaten in the west, thus, even if a "plant-based" diet was the reason for their success, it wouldn't be relevant. They might simply be eating better plants. They eat a different variety of sweet potato that yields a different blood sugar products. They eat fermented soy products, which are different from soy milk, etc.
- The amount of meat that they were eating was drastically under-estimated by the first analyses. They do eat meat. A lot of it.

Note that the pro-keto crowd has often pulled a similar, equally misleading stunt with the eskimos.

Referring to a vegan diet as a "plant-based" diet is merely a marketing gimmick. I don't care for it.
I would always have assumed Okinawans were more leaning towards the pescatarian side of the pyramid. Eskimos really only have one good source. They also have the lowest rates of heart disease, not sure about the damage too much salt does.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would always have assumed Okinawans were more leaning towards the pescatarian side of the pyramid. Eskimos really only have one good source. They also have the lowest rates of heart disease, not sure about the damage too much salt does.
Nope, the Okinawans ate lamb and pork. They used a lot of lard in particular. The Eskimos are a genetically distinct population with enhanced gluconegenic channels, they ate different meats/fish than westerners do, and they weren't all that healthy.

Vegans, Keto-ans, and Paleo-ans are often untrustworthy propagandists.

INT

Reaction score
Well pretty much everyone who needs to replace a part of their own self with that of an ideology is untrustworthy

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, the Okinawans ate lamb and pork. They used a lot of lard in particular. The Eskimos are a genetically distinct population with enhanced gluconegenic channels, they ate different meats/fish than westerners do, and they weren't all that healthy.

Vegans, Keto-ans, and Paleo-ans are often untrustworthy propagandists.
Ok so In your opinion, what is the best diet to follow for longevity, inflammation and hairloss.

INT

Reaction score
Ok so In your opinion, what is the best diet to follow for longevity, inflammation and hairloss.

A diet low in refined carbohydrates, red meat, dairy, trans fats, processed meat, sodas etc.

But high in nuts, berries, some fatty fish (not too much), cruciferous vegetables, legumes, peppers etc.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

There is no convincing information on "the best diet for hairloss". We only have anecdotes and a few weak studies. Keep in mind, hairloss is what your body does naturally. It may well be that a man prone to baldness will bald faster if he eats a diet that is healthy for the other parts of his body, such as the central nervous system and cardiovascular system.

As for general health:
- Cut refined carbs, processed meats, trans-fats;
- Add fermented foods, vegetables, high-fat dairy products, eggs, red meat, oily fish, probably nuts and seeds, berries, tea, fats like olive oil;
- Keep total calories low;
- Include extended periods without eating, at least one 12-hour fast a day, and try to have occasional longer fasts;

I'd like to see more research on the effects of coffee, sweet fruits, legumes/beans, white fish, and white meat. Right now I'll think of them as neutral but that's due to the lack of information.

Last edited:

Lyn_from_UK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most effective? Hi-fat Low-carb. BUT....it's a big but...only for those with steely determination and focus to stay on it long term (always), otherwise, like all 'diets', harder than most to live with. Sight or smell of a pizza kills most HFLC beginners... I been on HFLC for years, it even cleared away chronic wrist arthritis within 3 weeks. I kid you not. My BP/cholesterol are great too...lots of misconceptions are smashed on HFLC

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have lost 4 stone 4lbs since the beginning of november on my diet of 500 calories for 4 days water fasting for three days. I really expected to have lost more than that tbh so im a bit upset, i was 16 stone 4 lbs now im 12 stone at 6 foot 2, i want to get down to roughly 10 stone which is where i used to be before starting certain meds. I think the water fasting isn't helping and my be hindering my weight loss so im going to cut that out. I have read in to the keto diet, not sure if i want to start it or not.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have lost 4 stone 4lbs since the beginning of november on my diet of 500 calories for 4 days water fasting for three days. I really expected to have lost more than that tbh so im a bit upset, i was 16 stone 4 lbs now im 12 stone at 6 foot 2, i want to get down to roughly 10 stone which is where i used to be before starting certain meds. I think the water fasting isn't helping and my be hindering my weight loss so im going to cut that out. I have read in to the keto diet, not sure if i want to start it or not.
Why would you want to be 10 stone at 6ft 2? Are you going for the wasting away look?

12 sounds like the minimum you want to be at that height.