What Happens To All The Young Baldies

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yah, on finasteride for close to 5 years. I'm NW3/4, transplanted to NW2.
Dude... stfu your a nw2 and were prob nw3 pre transplant. My point being for the 1 millionth time is constantly talking about being depressed about something is unhealthy.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop comparing hair loss to amputees, you sound foolish

i never did, bro. you're confusing an analogy with a comparison. if you are too small minded to understand the difference between analogy and comparison, that is something you need to work on, not I.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0859.PNG
    IMG_0859.PNG
    208.7 KB · Views: 197

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A nice feature about the English language is that while it's very easy to acquire basic competency, it's also very hard to be an expert.

I wonder how many languages are like that.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your information is outdated. It used to be common belief, the idea that you either gain both fat and muscle at the same time or you lose both, but it no longer is due to the vast numbers of people who have gained muscle while losing fat, backed up with photo evidence, logs, et cetera.

Part of the reason for your misconception, a common one, was that body builders were going on psychotic bulking diets like GOMAD, and/or drinking multiple "MASS GAIN !!!!!" shakes a day which have whey protein mixed with nonsense ingredients like dextrose. I mean yeah, if you go on meal plans like this:

https://www.mealplansite.com/sports/bodybuilding-new-gain.aspx

You might gain 15 lbs of muscle, and 30 lbs of fat. It fits the traditional viewpoint that dominated in the 1990s.

But it's not ideal.

Here's a supplement that will fit your world view:
View attachment 54654
It has 1,250 calories (!!!) per serving. It is intended to help put on "serious mass" as per the title. And IMO that's what it's going to do, as in you'll be putting on serious fat mass.
Gross...Serious Mass brings back memories, I thought I was huge lol. Whatever any of you guys do, don't be that guy. No one wants fatceps. Or just looking like a balloon in general. It's amazing what 185 lbs with 8% bf looks like, I was so shocked when I learned my friend who was competing that's where he was at and we weighed the same yet he was twice my size. I was fat:(

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gross...Serious Mass brings back memories, I thought I was huge lol. Whatever any of you guys do, don't be that guy. No one wants fatceps. Or just looking like a balloon in general. It's amazing what 185 lbs with 8% bf looks like, I was so shocked when I learned my friend who was competing that's where he was at and we weighed the same yet he was twice my size. I was fat:(
Being cut always looks bigger. 8% is tough to maintain during the off season though props to that dude if he stays there all year around. I usually go to 6% for shows then go to like 12% off season.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being cut always looks bigger. 8% is tough to maintain during the off season though props to that dude if he stays there all year around. I usually go to 6% for shows then go to like 12% off season.
Yea I'm pretty sure he'll float between 12-14% off season. I don't compete or anything but just for the hell of it I got myself down to 12% from 16% and it was night and day, felt great man.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might want to work on that bud

ok, if you're interested in being educated..an analogy takes two concepts that have a similarity (i.e. amputation and hair loss both involve losing something that used to be a part of you) in order to extrapolate an explanation.

in no way did i compare the degree of suffering between hair loss and amputation, but if you want to twist words like a child, then that's your prerogative. no one here is taking you seriously though.

"he's as strong as an ox"

"omg are you comparing a human being to cattle? how pathetic lmfao!"

you come into a hair loss forum to tell us that hair loss isn't a big deal? what are you trying to accomplish, out of curiosity?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, if you're interested in being educated..an analogy takes two concepts that have a similarity (i.e. amputation and hair loss both involve losing something that used to be a part of you) in order to extrapolate an explanation.

in no way did i compare the degree of suffering between hair loss and amputation, but if you want to twist words like a child, then that's your prerogative. no one here is taking you seriously though.

"he's as strong as an ox"

"omg are you comparing a human being to cattle? how pathetic lmfao!"

you come into a hair loss forum to tell us that hair loss isn't a big deal? what are you trying to accomplish, out of curiosity?
Seeing as this entire thing started with me giving my opinion on a forum and having a bunch of cry babies coming at me, don't comment unless you were here from the beginning. And saying "you're as strong as an ox" is comparing your strength to an ox. They're saying an ox is strong, they're saying you are strong. Saying "telling someone losing their hair to get over it is like telling and amputee to get over it" is comparing suffering of two implied equal parties. My point is that hair loss is not comparable to an amputees sufferage, like not even close or should not even be referenced as an example. I love how people that try to portray themselves as extremely intelligent, are actually dumb as hell. If you can't see why I said that's a terrible comparison, you might want to work on that.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My point is that hair loss is not comparable to an amputees sufferage, like not even close or should not even be referenced as an example.

nobody ever said it was. reading comprehension ain't your thing kid.

"they're saying an ox is strong, you are strong." goooood job! you comprehend similes! now to apply that concept to my analogy: i'm saying male pattern baldness people lost something, and amputees also lost something. neither misfortune should be minimized (as you are doing to baldness). just as a human's strength doesn't actually come close to approaching that of an ox, hair loss sufferers degree of misfortune doesn't approach that of amputees. do you understand? or do you want to talk yourself in circles some more?

Saying "telling someone losing their hair to get over it is like telling and amputee to get over it" is comparing suffering of two implied equal parties.

nope. by that logic, comparing the human and the ox is comparing strength of two implied equal parties. try again kid.

also you never answered my question. what is it you're trying to accomplish with this topic?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
nobody ever said it was. reading comprehension ain't your thing kid.

"they're saying an ox is strong, you are strong." goooood job! you comprehend similes! now to apply that concept to my analogy: i'm saying male pattern baldness people lost something, and amputees also lost something. neither misfortune should be minimized (as you are doing to baldness). just as a human's strength doesn't actually come close to approaching that of an ox, hair loss sufferers degree of misfortune doesn't approach that of amputees. do you understand? or do you want to talk yourself in circles some more?

why don't you find the post where i said "i suffer as much as an amputee does". i'll be waiting.

also you never answered my question. what is it you're trying to accomplish with this topic?
Lmao. Dude let me break this down for I'll hold your hand like a small child. You compared losing your hair to being like having a physical disability. I said you can't compare the two. It's night and day. You responded by saying "know the difference between an analogy and a comparison" I then quickly educated your dumbass that an anaology IS a comparison by definition. I said using the ox and strength reference is justifiable because it's comparing strength, so they analogy works. Comparing a consmetic attribute to a legit physical disability (i.e. If you don't have legs you literally can't walk) can't no be compared without sounds like a complete asshat, which you do, hence the "analogy" doesn't work nor make sense. Do you understand now? Try to read that a few times so it sinks in, take all the time you need. Sometimes if you re-write it, it will sink in better, try that.

And can you please tell me WTF you're talking about asking me what I'm trying to accomplish? Hmmm I dno. I make a comment expressing my opinion not to let balding end your existence, trying to get these kids hyped a little bit so they don't crawl into a little depressed self pitty ball. After that all of my posts are direct responses to others like yourself quoting and responding. Have a seat you stupid, stupid individual.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
let's take a step back then. do you or do you not think it's insensitive to tell balding people to "get over it"?

and again, my analogy starts and stops at the concept of "lost something that used to be a part of you". i did not mention the degree of physical limitations. did not mention the pain. did not mention the day to day difficulties or consequences. you went there, not me. if that's what you got from the comparison, that's on you and your failure to comprehend the point. hair loss and amputation are not comparable, but one part of them is analogous. just like with literally every other simile or metaphor in the world.

by your logic we can never use a metaphor, because it's ridiculous to compare a human being to a summers day or whatever. "a human doesn't radiate sunshine, you moron!!"

it's okay that you didn't understand something, and needed further clarification. it's okay. chill out and move on. jesus.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
let's take a step back then. do you or do you not think it's insensitive to tell balding people to "get over it"?

and again, my analogy starts and stops at the concept of "lost something that used to be a part of you". i did not mention the degree of physical limitations. did not mention the pain. did not mention the day to day difficulties or consequences. you went there, not me. if that's what you got from the comparison, that's on you and your failure to comprehend the point. hair loss and amputation are not comparable, but one part of them is analogous. just like with literally every other simile or metaphor in the world.

by your logic we can never use a metaphor, because it's ridiculous to compare a human being to a summers day or whatever. "a human doesn't radiate sunshine, you moron!!"

it's okay that you didn't understand something, and needed further clarification. it's okay. chill out and move on. jesus.
Untimate response form a beaten man.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok buddy, i'm glad we've gotten that cleared up. Now instead of arguing about frivolous sh*t, let's get to the original point I was trying to make before you went off on your ad hominem tangent: do you or do you not think it's insensitive to tell balding people to "get over it"?