Weight Training Thread For Maximum Gainzzz

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
48 hours after leg training, I am incredibly sore. I have trouble walking and sitting up. I was going to fast today but I decided to get a high salt, high protein meal for dinner.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am going through such a hair shed at moment.

I think I should start really working out LOL...Like i did in my 20s..My friend owns a boutique place he said he would train me but I feel SO tired thinking about it LOL

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am going through such a hair shed at moment.

I think I should start really working out LOL...Like i did in my 20s..My friend owns a boutique place he said he would train me but I feel SO tired thinking about it LOL

just shave it and hit the gym bro

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just shave it and hit the gym bro

Is it true minoxidil and/or anti DHT gives a second shed?
I'm at 9 months...all little 1 inch to 2 inch hairs though not too many long hairs. When i had initial dread shed it was all kind of hair for 2 weeks during first month.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it true minoxidil and/or anti DHT gives a second shed?
I'm at 9 months...all little 1 inch to 2 inch hairs though not too many long hairs. When i had initial dread shed it was all kind of hair for 2 weeks during first month.

sheds are unpredictable, there's no evidence about second sheds but its certainly plausible. didn't you just start topical finasteride?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sheds are unpredictable, there's no evidence about second sheds but its certainly plausible. didn't you just start topical finasteride?

Yes but only a day ago...i have been shedding for about 2 weeks short hairs...maybe less than that.

Been on topical spironolactone and minoxidil since November.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any drawback to abandoning the back squat and exclusively using the front squat?

I do front squats more often than back squats. It's better for isolating the vastus lateralis. Massive vastus lateralis = massive, powerful looking thighs

My back squat still managed to improve too

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is everyone’s view on taking steroids while avoiding hairloss. Does anyone have experience with ones that do not cause hairloss?

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oddly this is what I was also thinking. But I dunno, most of the advice I've heard is to pick a workout, any workout, and dedicate yourself to a routine of it. I'd guess for at least 1 month or 6 weeks, but at most 3 months.

So mixing it up every week would contradict that I feel. I guess the other way of looking at it is that it's a fortnightly routine heh.

To me, going off my bro science, it seems like full body is more for burning calories and cutting fat, splits are for bulking.

And I'm naturally a broad enough guy so it's not like I'm one of those guys trying to bulk from skinny, but bulking from decent foods is hard enough as it is without training that doesn't promote it. I was eating up to 4000 calories a day, and this is not the lifestyle I want, frankly. I dunno what to do when I return to bulking next month.

Maybe I need to rethink the whole thing but my calorific maintenance is 2800-3000 the last handful of times I checked, so as far as I'm aware I need those kinda calories for muscle gain.

How big are you - height, weight, and approximate body fat %?

2800-3000 is high for maintenance unless you're big. I'm 6'1"/240 pounds at ~20% body fat and my maint is around 2700-2800.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How big are you - height, weight, and approximate body fat %?

2800-3000 is high for maintenance unless you're big. I'm 6'1"/240 pounds at ~20% body fat and my maint is around 2700-2800.

I'm 5'10 and right now I'm 192 pounds (just weighed myself moments ago by coincidence) but for the past month I've been closer to 200.

So not a "big" guy at all but I'm trying to remember where I kept getting this impression my maintenance is 2800 calories, I know the digital weighing scale says that but it surely wasn't my only influence as I never believed it.

Bf % is high like 25% I'd guess right now. Luckily it doesn't show on me for some reason, but yeah I'm a fatty.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a lot of fun pigging out in the past couple months, but now I need to cut for a bit. Hopefully my willpower for fasting is not too far gone.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 5'10 and right now I'm 192 pounds (just weighed myself moments ago by coincidence) but for the past month I've been closer to 200.

So not a "big" guy at all but I'm trying to remember where I kept getting this impression my maintenance is 2800 calories, I know the digital weighing scale says that but it surely wasn't my only influence as I never believed it.

Bf % is high like 25% I'd guess right now. Luckily it doesn't show on me for some reason, but yeah I'm a fatty.

You can use an online TDEE calculator like the one here: https://tdeecalculator.net/ . I get you about the weight not showing. I'm 240, but people usually put me at 210-220. When I was 310 (my heaviest), people thought I was 260-270. Seems folks always think I'm 25-40 pounds less than I actually am. I do have dense bones and a lot of natural muscle mass, however. You must have a pretty slender/lean natural frame and carrying weight if you're at 25% BF at 192 - that would mean that your ideal weight at ~10% BF would be around ~160, which is pretty light for a 5'10" guy.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2017-10-23-01-45-30-248.jpeg

Yeah it's always around that or higher. I'm not sure if I understood your last sentence.

I do have a good frame, not only do people think I'm not fat but think I have a good intentional body composition of this size, and I'm probably even somewhat ripped or muscular bulky, even gym friends who are or have been on top condition have asked if I can see my abs and lol, so far off that. The fattest I've been in recent years was 215 and only then did I see a few pictures and think "ok look at your face, it's showing mane, put the cheeseburger down" but that weight is officially obese by BMI standards! Of course it should be showing.

To me I still feel the weight and often don't like it, obviously at 25% I can feel my gut when sitting up etc. But amazingly others don't notice. It doesn't really give you that drive to really cut down weight though.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 67102

Yeah it's always around that or higher. I'm not sure if I understood your last sentence.

I do have a good frame, not only do people think I'm not fat but think I have a good intentional body composition of this size, and I'm probably even somewhat ripped or muscular bulky, even gym friends who are or have been on top condition have asked if I can see my abs and lol, so far off that. The fattest I've been in recent years was 215 and only then did I see a few pictures and think "ok look at your face, it's showing mane, put the cheeseburger down" but that weight is officially obese by BMI standards! Of course it should be showing.

To me I still feel the weight and often don't like it, obviously at 25% I can feel my gut when sitting up etc. But amazingly others don't notice. It doesn't really give you that drive to really cut down weight though.

Yeah, staying self-motivated when others don't think you're fat is hard lol. My last sentence meant that based on the numbers you provided, you'dd weight ~158-160 pounds if you were at 10% body fat, whereas I would expect someone 5'10" to be in the 165-170 range at 10% BF. I'm no expert, though. :p

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started back at this gym this week and have bought an apple watch to compensate for my minuscule penis. Anyway, does anyone know any good apps that utilise the watch fully and are more geared to weight training as opposed to running, cycling etc....all of which give me a heart attack!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started back at this gym this week and have bought an apple watch to compensate for my minuscule penis. Anyway, does anyone know any good apps that utilise the watch fully and are more geared to weight training as opposed to running, cycling etc....all of which give me a heart attack!

I'm Android for life but what exactly do you want the app for? To measure progress etc.?

To be honest I see no use in them. There's really only a few exercises that you can continually improve your strength on, and you'll know exactly what you're lifting once you're doing it regularly. If you need to make a note of it weekly then that doesn't require an app at all.

If you're brand new then of course the weight will go up quickly, but after 3 months or so then that's about the plateau in strength for most things you'll do.

If you want the app to remember a routine, once you're used to exercising you'll know what you're doing, just keep it on your phone anyway.

Here's one I made in notepad on my phone last week to get back into it 6 days a week. Day 1 is shoulders/biceps and 2 is chest/triceps, I didn't write down day 3 yet which is back/legs but I already know that, I just do these twice a week everything sets of 3;

Day 1

Overhead bb press 20lbs 12 reps
Shoulder press machine 30kg 10 reps
Lateral raise 7.5kgs 10-12 reps
Cable reverse fly 10kgs 8 reps
Superset
Face pulls 8 reps
Upright barbell rows 8 reps

Bb curl 20kgs 8-10 reps
Incline db curl 10kgs 8+ reps
High pulley curls 15kgs 8 reps
Superset
Hammer curls 7.5kgs 8 reps
Reverse barbell curl 12.5kgs 8 reps

Day 2
Bench press 75kg 8 reps
Db flyes 10kgs 10 reps
Cable decline chest "5"
Superset
Decline bench 60kg 8 reps
Front plate raise 15kg 8 reps

Db kickbacks 7.5kgs 12 reps
Db close grip press 15kgs 8-10 reps
Tricep pushdown 40kgs 12 reps
Superset
Bb skull crushers 20lbs 8 reps
Dip machine 60kgs 8 reps

That's everything for now, can do core exercises after or whatever. It's so simple I wouldn't know why I'd need an app.

Last edited: