We Now Have A Cb-03-01 Vehicle That Works

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread at all - but is there conclusive evidence from users here that CB has made a cosmetic difference? (CapiLarry)

Yes. The Phase 2 clinical trials showed patients remained above baseline and regrew some hair in the process. The mechanism of action for CB-03-01 is kind of like Finasteride by targeting Androgen receptors, except its effects are localised to the scalp, thereby reducing the risk of adverse effects such as weak erections and its undesirable effects on the prostate.

So, you can be pretty sure it will keep the hair you have for as long as you use it.

It's not the first time this guy presents the perfect vehicle for CB, just saying... (disfiguredyoungman)

True that. I think 4 years ago, I tested it for a group of members on a private forum using Versapro cream and it seemed to do the trick. But it was a cream after all and made your hair looking wet the whole time it was on. So, members were only able to use it at night.

TrichoSol allows you to apply it TWICE A DAY for maximum benefit and is cosmetically elegant.

Who doesn’t want incremental improvement? I know I do :)

The results of the phase 2 CB (Breezula) 12-month trial were slightly disappointing. The efficacy of CB appeared to decrease considerably between 6 months and 12 months of usage.

At the end of the day, all participants were above the baseline and no serious adverse events were reported. That is a gift to the hair loss community. Furthermore, the study showed us what the right concentration and frequency of application for maximum benefit has to be, which is GREAT!

And ?? It's Desmond ! A great member who I followed since many years (bald truth talk). He is a pharmacist if I remember well, and yes he has already proposed a solution for CB, but like all researchers, he tries and find the solution! You ? what do you do for us ? (Left4bald)

Thanks so much Left4Bald. Those BTT days were something :)

If he is a pharmacist, why isn't his measurements more accurate? I would expect that to be quite basic for a pharmacist? 2-4 grams, it might not seems at much when its so small measurements, but there is a difference factor 2 in difference. (MeDK)

With regards to the concentration, I was under the impression that the cost is quite prohibitive and most people were using 2-4%. So if you add 2 grams you are preparing 2%, if you add 4 grams you are preparing 4%.

By the way, if you are going above 4%, you must levigate it with twice as much Ethoxy Diglycol. Here’s the formula if you are going to prepare the 7.5% concentration to replicate the Phase 2 study:

CB-03-01: 7.5 grams
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: 5 grams
Ethoxy Diglycol: 10 mL
TrichoSol: qs 100 mL (Add enough to fill to volume)

I am analyzing papers for the community so you don't buy snake oil such as Zinc-Thymulin. I think I am doing my part. I just find it a bit dubious that he is selling a flavor of the month vehicle every trimester or so. (disfiguredyoungman)

I’ve been online long enough brother to have a thick enough skin to handle the bantz. But I’m not sure what you are referring to when you say I’m selling something every trimester.

Just for the record, I have NEVER sold anything to anyone, I merely presented people with the information. Still to this date, I get very emotional emails and pm’s from people wondering how they can obtain Versapro cream, which was the single only formulation I proposed over FOUR years ago.

Once again, if you do want to try it, contact your local compounding pharmacy and ask them if you can purchase it. If you are still unable to obtain it THEN let me know.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think TrichoSol can also be used as a vehicle for Lactoferrin? (Jumpingjackgazz)

You can certainly levigate Lactoferrin with Ethoxy Diglycol before dissolving it in TrochoSol and then keep it suspended with PEG-40 Castor Oil, but then you have an absorption problem. There is an upper limit on topical absorption of drug molecules called the ‘500 Dalton’ rule. Molecules with a mass greater than 500 daltons are usually very difficult to absorb through the skin. There are some techniques to increase absorption using fancy penetration enhancers but Lactoferrin is such a large molecule (~80,000 Daltons) that I don’t think it’d be possible to get it past the stratum corneum. I’ve seen Lactoferrin as an over-the-counter supplement though so maybe taking it orally is the best option.

Very interesting that you have not seen CB precipitation in a HYDROPHILIC vehicle, which is theoretically impossible but if you haven't seen clumps or powder at the bottom of the vessel and the transcutol seems to be enough then this should be ok. (NotInmywatch)

I was also initially concerned about the suitability of TrichoSol being hydrophilic, despite Fagron’s assertions. That’s why I also tested the TrichoOil which is designed for lipophilic actives. But Fagron has reassured me that TrichoSol has the capacity to carry up to 10% of its total volume in lipophilic compounds.

TrichoOil is certainly always there as an alternative but it does leave your hair shiny and oily the whole time. I think TrichoOil would be suitable for lipophilic compounds that have to be prepared in concentrations above 10%.

I’m still waiting to get the full list of ingredients from Fagron for TrichoSol, but you can tell from its odour it definitely contains some essential oils that are helping it carry lipophilic compounds.

"It was elegant and dried up instantly " this is not necessarily good because proper absorption takes time depending on the vehicle. Remember minoxidil 4-hour requirement? (NotInmywatch)

Sorry I should have been clearer. TrichoOil kind of stays on your scalp looking glossy pretty much the whole day until you wash it off, whereas TrichoSol dries up within 10 minutes or so, allowing you to go about your day without being self-conscious.

I am a compounding pharmacist and since March we have switched our patients on Topical finasteride/minoxidil from Ethanol/PG formulation to TrichoSol and they absolutely loved it. No one has experienced a shed and it seems to be working as well as the old vehicle. So, I wouldn’t worry about its ability to absorb chemicals into the hair shaft.

Hmm I'd like to try it and perhaps buy it from you if possible. Perhaps enough to last a month to see if it works for me or not. (noveau22)

Now, just for the record, I don’t wanna look like a shill. And those of you that know me know I would never push some snake oil. I just haven’t been as active in the recent years as I used to be, so many people might not even know who I am. I’m only here trying to help everyone especially those that can’t use Finasteride.

As we all know, Shiseido has seen delays, and the rest of upcoming treatments are looking to be post-2020 including Breezula. I’m a big believer that knowledge is power. I’m merely empowering everyone with the ability to keep their hairlines above baseline until better solutions become available.

Having gotten that out of the way, I’m happy to provide anyone that would like some. I have to think about how to do it without revealing anyone’s anonymity. I can post an email and people can contact me directly I suppose. I’m open to suggestions tbh.

With regards to trying a little bit, I can always send you a starter kit maybe? You’d need 100mL of TrichoSol, about 10mL of PEG-40 and 10mL of Ethoxy Diglycol.

I’ll figure it all out and get back to you on that :)

Wouldn't you keep it all in the same units to maintain the relation to the different ingredients? (MeDK)

Hi MeDK. If I’m not mistaken, I believe you are referring to why some ingredients being presented in grams and some in mL. In order to have an accurate weight (grams) of liquids, you would need to know their true density at a given temperature. Not all liquids have a published true density, in this case being Ethoxy Diglycol and TrichoSol.

Also because you are preparing a liquid dispersion, the concentration is usually presented as grams/100mL. So Preparing a 4% concentration means having 4 grams of CB-03-01 in 100mL preparation.

Hope that clarifies everything.
Thank you for your contribution
Regarding lactoferrin it is not capable of penetrating the stratum corneum at all.
It is absorbed through hair shafts, this mechanism is described in the lactoferrin article
Since its a biological agent its 3d structure must be preserved at all costs so any denaturing agent like ethanol is a no no.
Proteins are very delicate.
Pure water is the only thing I would trust as lactoferrin vehicle for now.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me your opinion if dutasteride with Trichosol at 0.01% concentration would have systemic effects or due to the size of the dutasteride molecule would not it? I would appreciate any opinion, thank you. (nonconformist)

From a pharmacological perspective, yes it would. That’s because even small amount of finasteride or dutasteride are sufficient to exert significant reduction in your plasma DHT levels.

nonconformist

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone give me your opinion if dutasteride with Trichosol at 0.01% concentration would have systemic effects or due to the size of the dutasteride molecule would not it? I would appreciate any opinion, thank you. (nonconformist)

From a pharmacological perspective, yes it would. That’s because even small amount of finasteride or dutasteride are sufficient to exert significant reduction in your plasma DHT levels.

Thanks for your reply. So the only solution for no systemic penetration is dutasteride mesotherapy. It seems that with mesotherapy there is no systemic penetration of dutasteride.

I can not understand the difference between dutasteride mesotherapy and topical dutasteride at the time of systemic blood penetration of the molecule.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution
Regarding lactoferrin it is not capable of penetrating the stratum corneum at all.
It is absorbed through hair shafts, this mechanism is described in the lactoferrin article
Since its a biological agent its 3d structure must be preserved at all costs so any denaturing agent like ethanol is a no no.
Proteins are very delicate.
Pure water is the only thing I would trust as lactoferrin vehicle for now.

Fair enough. TrichoSol is a hydrophilic solution and is free from alcohol and glycols so it might do the trick. The in-vitro studies did show TrochoSol reaches the hair shaft and has the ability to put hairs in anagen phase by proliferating fibroblasts.

What concentration do you prepare it in? I can try and make a small batch and let you know if Lactoferrin dissolves in it without the need for a levigating agent.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. So the only solution for no systemic penetration is dutasteride mesotherapy. It seems that with mesotherapy there is no systemic penetration of dutasteride.

I can not understand the difference between dutasteride mesotherapy and topical dutasteride at the time of systemic blood penetration of the molecule.

TBH with you, I'm not very familiar with Mesotherapy, so you might be correct. Has there been any studies done on dutasteride using mesotherapy?

nonconformist

My Regimen
Reaction score
TBH with you, I'm not very familiar with Mesotherapy, so you might be correct. Has there been any studies done on dutasteride using mesotherapy?

Maybe this studies: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

One questions about ur trichosol CB-03-01:
CB-03-01: 7.5 grams
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: 5 grams
Ethoxy Diglycol: 10 mL
TrichoSol: qs 100 mL (Add enough to fill to volume)

7 grams cost about 700 USD. For how long is this solution and what dosage per day ? What is the form of what comes out most economically possible? Thanks for your information.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mesotherapy are perpendicular injections reaching aprox the hypodermis. to think that this procedure is not going to cause systemic effects is extremely naive. if you're prone to side effects you're playing with fire. current literature suggest that duration of time on the drug is more important than dose regarding side effects.

I suggest reasonably 30mg of CB per day which is around 1 gram per month. at this dose, monotherapy is not recommended.

lactoferrin is not sold in my country as supplement and supplement importation is forbidden by law. so smugglers are my only hope

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is also the TrichoSol formulary for Androgenetic Alopecia actives if you want to make other topicals. Enjoy :)

Caffeine.png

Cetirizine.png

Dutasteride.png

Finasteride.png

Finasteride+Minoxidil.png

Melatonin.png

Minoxidil.png

bZfmCJW

nonconformist

My Regimen
Reaction score
The melatonin lotion seems interesting. Is it effective to fight against hair loss? Does anyone know anything or have experience? This lotion would have 0 side effects it would even be good for sleeping applied at night.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Desmond_84
Well I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say that I am sorry and that it's nothing personal. It's just that this forum has seen its fair share of scams and it doesn't hurt to be vigilant.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Desmond_84

Thank you very much for your contribution. It is very much appreciated! Do you have a recommendation for a bimatoprost vehicle? I'm using it at a concentration of 1%. I've been adding it to my minoxidil solution and also to my stemoxydine solution.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
7 grams cost about 700 USD. For how long is this solution and what dosage per day ? What is the form of what comes out most economically possible? Thanks for your information. (nonconformist)

TrichoSol should definitely keep CB-03-01 stable for 30 days.

In Fagron’s beyond-use-date studies, almost all actives except Dutasteride and Latanoprost were still above 95% potency after 90 days. Those with shorter shelf-life still remained above 95% potency after 30 days. So, you can definitely prepare enough for 30 days at a time.

Phase 2 trial also showed both 5% and 7.5% concentration applied TWICE A DAY give very similar results. All patients remained above baseline and grew ~ 14 new hairs in the hair count area marked with a tattoo.

Based on this information and the fact how expensive CB can be, I would only prepare a 3-4% concentration if you only want to maintain and 5% concentration for some growth as well as maintenance. There is little point in going above 5% as you seem to face diminishing returns beyond that concentration.

Also, you usually need about 2mL to cover the whole scalp. So that means you need 4mL daily x 30 days = 120mL. So, I would prepare a 100mL bottle every 28 days.

Here is the summary again, for those preparing CB-03-01

CB-03-01 2-4% in TrichoSol 100mL

· CB-03-01: 2-4 grams

· PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: 3 grams

· Ethoxy Diglycol: 5 mL

· TrichoSol: qs 100 mL (Add enough to fill to volume)

CB-03-01 5% in TrichoSol 100mL

· CB-03-01: 5 grams

· PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: 5 grams

· Ethoxy Diglycol: 10 mL

· TrichoSol: qs 100 mL (Add enough to fill to volume)​

The melatonin lotion seems interesting. Is it effective to fight against hair loss? Does anyone know anything or have experience? This lotion would have 0 side effects it would even be good for sleeping applied at night. (nonconformist)

I have seen some dermatologists add it to finasteride/minoxidil topicals. I believe some research papers are out there that shows topical Melatonin seems to have beneficial effects on the number of hairs in Anagen phase.

Well I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say that I am sorry and that it's nothing personal. It's just that this forum has seen its fair share of scams and it doesn't hurt to be vigilant. (disfiguredyoungman)

Appreciate it brother. At the end of the day, we’re all facing this nightmare together.

Do you have a recommendation for a bimatoprost vehicle? I'm using it at a concentration of 1%. I've been adding it to my minoxidil solution and also to my stemoxydine solution. (mooreu)

Yes. Actually, Fagron has a formulation for Latanoprost in TrichoSol. You can use that as a guide to prepare Bimatoprost solution the same way. Here’s the formula. Hope it helps :)

Latanoprost.png

That's interesting I like fagron products I used espumil in the past. any issues we can mix several of these ingredients, together right?? (kiwipilu)

So true. Fagron has some of the best topicals I have ever come across. You certainly can mix ingredients together. We have a lot of patients on:
  • Finasteride 1% Fluocinolone 0.01% Minoxidil 5% Tretinoin 0.01% in TrichoSol
And they’re very happy with it.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 grams cost about 700 USD. For how long is this solution and what dosage per day ? What is the form of what comes out most economically possible? Thanks for your information. (nonconformist)

TrichoSol should definitely keep CB-03-01 stable for 30 days.

In Fagron’s beyond-use-date studies, almost all actives except Dutasteride and Latanoprost were still above 95% potency after 90 days. Those with shorter shelf-life still remained above 95% potency after 30 days. So, you can definitely prepare enough for 30 days at a time.

Phase 2 trial also showed both 5% and 7.5% concentration applied TWICE A DAY give very similar results. All patients remained above baseline and grew ~ 14 new hairs in the hair count area marked with a tattoo.

Based on this information and the fact how expensive CB can be, I would only prepare a 3-4% concentration if you only want to maintain and 5% concentration for some growth as well as maintenance. There is little point in going above 5% as you seem to face diminishing returns beyond that concentration.

Also, you usually need about 2mL to cover the whole scalp. So that means you need 4mL daily x 30 days = 120mL. So, I would prepare a 100mL bottle every 28 days.

Here is the summary again, for those preparing CB-03-01

CB-03-01 2-4% in TrichoSol 100mL

· CB-03-01: 2-4 grams

· PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: 3 grams

· Ethoxy Diglycol: 5 mL

· TrichoSol: qs 100 mL (Add enough to fill to volume)

CB-03-01 5% in TrichoSol 100mL

· CB-03-01: 5 grams

· PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: 5 grams

· Ethoxy Diglycol: 10 mL

· TrichoSol: qs 100 mL (Add enough to fill to volume)​

The melatonin lotion seems interesting. Is it effective to fight against hair loss? Does anyone know anything or have experience? This lotion would have 0 side effects it would even be good for sleeping applied at night. (nonconformist)

I have seen some dermatologists add it to finasteride/minoxidil topicals. I believe some research papers are out there that shows topical Melatonin seems to have beneficial effects on the number of hairs in Anagen phase.

Well I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say that I am sorry and that it's nothing personal. It's just that this forum has seen its fair share of scams and it doesn't hurt to be vigilant. (disfiguredyoungman)

Appreciate it brother. At the end of the day, we’re all facing this nightmare together.

Do you have a recommendation for a bimatoprost vehicle? I'm using it at a concentration of 1%. I've been adding it to my minoxidil solution and also to my stemoxydine solution. (mooreu)

Yes. Actually, Fagron has a formulation for Latanoprost in TrichoSol. You can use that as a guide to prepare Bimatoprost solution the same way. Here’s the formula. Hope it helps :)

View attachment 120379

That's interesting I like fagron products I used espumil in the past. any issues we can mix several of these ingredients, together right?? (kiwipilu)

So true. Fagron has some of the best topicals I have ever come across. You certainly can mix ingredients together. We have a lot of patients on:
  • Finasteride 1% Fluocinolone 0.01% Minoxidil 5% Tretinoin 0.01% in TrichoSol
And they’re very happy with it.

ok ty,Ye quite efficient because I had results(minoxidil+finasteride) but I had problems with espumil itself. Despite the fact I was using the fagron foam dispenser I always had the pump getting clogged within a few days. Fagron acknowledged the problem and was sending me new foam dispensers for free. I finally stopped. Hopefully this is not the case for these new solutions. But I don't dare to try trichofoam but I could give trichosol a go! I was thinking of a mix :ceti,melatonin and caffeine alongside the one you mention

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your work Desmond.

Thoughts on applying minoxidil (rogaine foam) followed by CB?

Unfortunately my scalp is minoxidil Dependant. I was considering doing minoxidil once in the mornings and CB once at night (4% solution). However from reading the studies it appears that a 2% BID would likely be more effective than 4% OD.

Any thoughts on if applying them in succession would affect the chemistry, effectiveness etc.? Any thoughts on a solution to my problem?

Additionally, could someone please hit up my PMs for CB sources? At this point I'm on the edge of just ordering 10g from Kane Shop because I can't find any other options and I've heard it's been tested many times at 98-99% purity.

Thanks!

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your work Desmond.

Thoughts on applying minoxidil (rogaine foam) followed by CB?

Unfortunately my scalp is minoxidil Dependant. I was considering doing minoxidil once in the mornings and CB once at night (4% solution). However from reading the studies it appears that a 2% BID would likely be more effective than 4% OD.

Any thoughts on if applying them in succession would affect the chemistry, effectiveness etc.? Any thoughts on a solution to my problem?

Additionally, could someone please hit up my PMs for CB sources? At this point I'm on the edge of just ordering 10g from Kane Shop because I can't find any other options and I've heard it's been tested many times at 98-99% purity.

Thanks!

I've only heard about Chinese sources but seems sketchy to me. Have you looked into RU??? It is cheaper and i'm still hesitant to pull the trigger for some reason b/c of side effects and it not being FDA approved.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only heard about Chinese sources but seems sketchy to me. Have you looked into RU??? It is cheaper and i'm still hesitant to pull the trigger for some reason b/c of side effects and it not being FDA approved.

I think before trying such drugs (and we know how difficult it is to buy legit experimental drugs), you should have tried everything else. But Very few people actually apply a good mix of ingredients(kind of all in one topical). yet they can be quite effective. Obviously like said above you can put a low dose of finasteride (work on the concentration to avoid side effects), progesterone, minoxidil(+tretinoin to enhance its effect), ceti etc... those are all drugs you can easily get your hands on. Also bimatoprost/lanatoprost have shown good results in studies. I mean there are options, you only have to ask your dermatologist or general practitioner

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So I've been looking at sending parcels to EU and the US and it looks like, the product we are sending has to be sealed and in its original packaging. Any sign of tampering with the bottles may give the customs reason to cease and destroy the parcel. So it looks like I can't send small quantities of TrichoSol. Really sorry guys. Fagron only sells it in 1L bottles. Anyways, if anyone would like some email me and I'll try and send it to you. My email is:

desmond84hume@gmail.com

I have to figure out shipping costs, etc. Any suggestions are welcome btw,

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
I think before trying such drugs (and we know how difficult it is to buy legit experimental drugs), you should have tried everything else. But Very few people actually apply a good mix of ingredients(kind of all in one topical). yet they can be quite effective. Obviously like said above you can put a low dose of finasteride (work on the concentration to avoid side effects), progesterone, minoxidil(+tretinoin to enhance its effect), ceti etc... those are all drugs you can easily get your hands on. Also bimatoprost/lanatoprost have shown good results in studies. I mean there are options, you only have to ask your dermatologist or general practitioner

I also agree. CB should only be reserved for those that have tried all the products readily available. Cetrizine, Melatonin, low dose finasteride can all be used to make a topical and can easily be obtained. Definitely try these first before CB.

Also, I might start posting some great topical formulations you could make and instructions. Stay tuned ;)