Was Cured For 2 Years (spironolactone + dutasteride), But Now Looking For A New Cure

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have oral thrush, folliculitis on my forehead and also had these psoriasis pustules on my scrotum for a period which I have all treated effectively by applying Nizoral (save for the oral thrush) as well as using topical natural anti fungals like apple cider vinegar effectively.

Those products all fight symptoms of fungal infections such as those, Nizoral of course contains ketoconazole which is a medical grade anti fungal which is even stronger than apple cider vinegar and the like.

I have all the other markers of candida as well.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I have oral thrush, folliculitis on my forehead and also had these psoriasis pustules on my scrotum for a period which I have all treated effectively by applying Nizoral (save for the oral thrush) as well as using topical natural anti fungals like apple cider vinegar effectively.

Those products all fight symptoms of fungal infections such as those, Nizoral of course contains ketoconazole which is a medical grade anti fungal which is even stronger than apple cider vinegar and the like.

I have all the other markers of candida as well.

If you have all of that, why aren’t you on something like itraconazole or something... your hair loss and itch, if you do have a fungal issue, could be giving you seb derm. And with all of your signs and symptoms, assuming you’ve seen a doctor about these, you should be on something like itraconazole..

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have all of that, why aren’t you on something like itraconazole or something... your hair loss and itch, if you do have a fungal issue, could be giving you seb derm. And with all of your signs and symptoms, assuming you’ve seen a doctor about these, you should be on something like itraconazole..

Long-term use of an Azole eventually results in the effects wearing off and once you develop resistance to one Azole it affects your relationship with all of them.

I'm doing Nystatin enemas currently - which is a different type of medical grade anti fungal with no risk of developed immunity - which I believe is a once and for all cure if I can get the method right.

Azoles just manage it, but it will return again soon after stopping - in my case at least.

I actually think this could be a cure for a lot of people with hair loss due to unresolvable inflammation and itch, but we'll see.

Candida is very hard to cure once and for all, but a small selection of people who have done Nystatin enemas have made complete recoveries from what is notoriously an almost impossible to recover from illness.

Last edited:

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP,

Have you tried putting natural anti fungals like apple cider vinegar on your head?

If you have a fungal infection it could possibly help treat it as it does the same thing as Nizoral, which you may have developed a resistance to if it is no longer working.

I didn't realise you had itching too, I just remembered you as the guy who had seemed to have tried everything and was a bit of an encyclopaedia.

Another thing is oral ketoconazole - you can actually buy Nizoral tablets which obviously have ketoconazole - as well as some of the others Azoles likes fluconazole, which all treat yeast infections.

If you have a systemic yeast infection and the hair loss is due to it, then this should tell you for certain and then you could set about undertaking a pathogenic yeast protocol for your gut.

I saw you mention you have "pimples" on your forehead. Are they a constant thing and do they look like the ones that show up when you Google "forehead folliculitis"?

Small bumpy ones, no whiteheads usually?

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Quineapig any Update ? Are u still taking 250mg spironolactone?
And why are u not considering taking cyproterone acetate instead of spironolactone ?

Reactions: KSA

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Quineapig any Update ? Are u still taking 250mg spironolactone?
And why are u not considering taking cyproterone acetate instead of spironolactone ?

Yes, Im still on 250mg spironolactone. Not much have changed lately, so hairloss doesn't bother me at the moment. Trying to focus studying and enjoying life.
In december - january I got alot of dandruff and dryness on my scalp, but I found a solution for it... rubbing desinfectant gel on my scalp :) works great. Feels like it has improved my scalp health overall. Idk if it's just temporary tho.
I would also like to buy a derminator but im out of money at the moment :/

Why I'm not considering cyproterone acetate?
I am :) it's just that my doctor won't allow it... I try to ask him for some cypro next time.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP,

Have you tried putting natural anti fungals like apple cider vinegar on your head?

If you have a fungal infection it could possibly help treat it as it does the same thing as Nizoral, which you may have developed a resistance to if it is no longer working.

I didn't realise you had itching too, I just remembered you as the guy who had seemed to have tried everything and was a bit of an encyclopaedia.

Another thing is oral ketoconazole - you can actually buy Nizoral tablets which obviously have ketoconazole - as well as some of the others Azoles likes fluconazole, which all treat yeast infections.

If you have a systemic yeast infection and the hair loss is due to it, then this should tell you for certain and then you could set about undertaking a pathogenic yeast protocol for your gut.

I saw you mention you have "pimples" on your forehead. Are they a constant thing and do they look like the ones that show up when you Google "forehead folliculitis"?

Small bumpy ones, no whiteheads usually?

Sry, I never saw this post :D

Yes, Ive tried other anti fungals and apple cider vinegar, but they were too mild. I don't believe in natural remedies anymore.

I can't get oral ketoconazole in my country. I tried some antifungal drugs at the beginning but they are just temporary solution and won't cure the culprit - androgens.

No it doesn't look like forehead folliculitis. They are more like normal acne pimples varying in size and they are quite sparce, about 5-8 or so. It seems to be calming down tho. Maybe because of adding desinfectant gel on my scalp and forehead...
pretty much like in this pic, but usually closer to hairline.
upload_2019-2-16_15-49-3.png

Last edited:

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sry, I never saw this post :D

Yes, Ive tried other anti fungals and apple cider vinegar, but they were too mild. I don't believe in natural remedies anymore.

I can't get oral ketoconazole in my country. I tried some antifungal drugs at the beginning but they are just temporary solution and won't cure the culprit - androgens.

No it doesn't look like forehead folliculitis. They are more like normal acne pimples varying in size and they are quite sparce, about 5-8 or so. It seems to be calming down tho. Maybe because of adding desinfectant gel on my scalp and forehead...
pretty much like in this pic, but usually closer to hairline.
View attachment 112788
sup my man.

im 1 year on dutas 0.5 and 5 and half months on oral spironolactone 200 mg. so Far thicker hair and much regrowth but i Want more.

if I cannot get estrogen 2 mg prescription. do You think that oral minoxidil 10 mg is a good replacement??

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
what was your regimen with duta and spironolactone? 0.5mg duta and 200mg spironolactone daily?

Yes, I did that for long time. Now I have upped my dose to 1mg dutasteride and somedays I take 250mg spironolactone

sup my man.

im 1 year on dutas 0.5 and 5 and half months on oral spironolactone 200 mg. so Far thicker hair and much regrowth but i Want more.

if I cannot get estrogen 2 mg prescription. do You think that oral minoxidil 10 mg is a good replacement??

congratulations for regrowth :D I don't have any experience with oral minoxidil, but others have had alot of success with it.
I personally wouldn't use it orally, because it affects your whole body and has greater side effects.
For me topical is just fine because im only receding from temples and they don't even sell oral minoxidil in my country.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all. I'm not sure how oral spironolactone can "fail". When you pretty much castrate yourself chemically and get rid of male hormones, how can you "not" regrow hair?

Secondly, I don't see how dutasteride could "fail", especially with 0.5mg ED. That regimen has maintained my hair for a decade.

Are you sure you sticked with these regimens long enough?

BTW Accutante acne treatment can cause balding. Just so you know.

My hairloss was really agressive so I think my DHT and Testo were damn high.

Why do you "think"? You know you can do blood tests for both DHT and Test? Why did you not do that before, during and after treatment to really see which ones of them are effective? A logical thing would be to take finasteride/dutasteride and then measure changes in DHT and T levels. If you see greatly reduced DHT it means you won't be losing hair. I fail to understand how you could have went through all of those treatments and never did this basic thing.

Last edited:

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to understand that everyone has different body chemistry. Some people have extremely sensitive androgen receptors. I am 23 and losing hair at the back of my head (Norwood 7 region). I took finasteride for 2 years and then switched to dutasteride. Been on dutasteride for a year now and still losing hair.

I take finasteride estradiol and flutamide which is super strong and every day I have less hair a sh*t this

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you only stop the med for a few week and it disapear? but how can it keep your hair gain?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all. I'm not sure how oral spironolactone can "fail". When you pretty much castrate yourself chemically and get rid of male hormones, how can you "not" regrow hair?

Secondly, I don't see how dutasteride could "fail", especially with 0.5mg ED. That regimen has maintained my hair for a decade.

Are you sure you sticked with these regimens long enough?

BTW Accutante acne treatment can cause balding. Just so you know.

Why do you "think"? You know you can do blood tests for both DHT and Test? Why did you not do that before, during and after treatment to really see which ones of them are effective? A logical thing would be to take finasteride/dutasteride and then measure changes in DHT and T levels. If you see greatly reduced DHT it means you won't be losing hair. I fail to understand how you could have went through all of those treatments and never did this basic thing.

Well... everyone's different you know..
Then there's things called tolerance to the drug, hormone feedback mechanism and androgen receptors sensitivity. They change and you need to have bigger dose. I have not castrated myself at all :D I have only reduced my test by a little and blocked some of its receptors. Also I did get regrowth, alot of it actually.

dutasteride is working for you because you have different genes... You seem to be expecting that everyones the same and what works for you works for others.

I started my my drugs at 19 or 20 years old.. so yes, I have used them long enough and they already prolonged my youth with 5 years.

Yes, I know accutane causes hairloss but it's usually just temporary and different kind. I had that little thinning all over but all grew back after stopping it. I had started balding before I used accutane and my hairloss was at the same stage as in the pic on the first page. Yes, Im sure that it didin't cause my androgenetic hairloss.

I guess my Doctor did take blood tests at the beginning but I never asked for a copy. I could ask them if I want to but I don't really care anymore. Even if you see greatly reduced DHT it doesn't mean you won't be losing hair :) you should study more.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you only stop the med for a few week and it disapear? but how can it keep your hair gain?

Yes, I quit for like 3-4 weeks. Gyno goes away before the hairs start falling. I do lose some hair and get oily skin but not much and they grow back.
I don't know if this works for others tho.. My body is strange :)

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long did spironolacton take to work?I mean how long after you took your first pill see the change?

At about 1 month mark I started feeling less tingling, oiliness and less hairloss. Then like 2-3 months in I started seeing small strands in the areas that were complete bald before.
You will have accelerated loss in the beginning tho, like in other drugs. No pain no gain.

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At about 1 month mark I started feeling less tingling, oiliness and less hairloss. Then like 2-3 months in I started seeing small strands in the areas that were complete bald before.
You will have accelerated loss in the beginning tho, like in other drugs. No pain no gain.
At which dose have u been on first month?? I have started with 100 mg before about 5 days