Violet Ray Device Ancient Hair Loss Studies

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your scalp is turning red because the electrical energy is being converted to mechanical energy, then it IS providing scalp stimulation...
Unfortunately not. Just one example of that is a rash. Another one is a sun burn.
And the crucial point here is that the electrical energy is not converted to mechanical energy. There is no physical possibility for that. The only possible conversion here is to thermal energy.

that's ALL I'M SAYING...electrical energy, mechanical energy, blah, blah, it all translates to work being done...period...end-of-story...
It is called mechanical energy because it does mechanical work. Thermal energy does not do mechanical work, nor does electrical energy unless converted.

...you seem caught up in trying to debunk this thing, but I am looking for something to provide scalp stimulation without me having to massage my scalp myself...this thing MIGHT DO THAT...
No, it might not. That is all I'm saying.

I can only ask you once more to look up the claims that the "science" behind this makes. Please just look it up yourself instead of blindly believing. I have taken some of the claims and - as you say - debunked them. They claim to give "electrical vibrations", which is a concept used by esoterics, and they claim to resolve "disorderment in your spine" which would then proceed to make new hair grow.
Please just think about these claims for a moment and whether they are in any way reasonable.
Furthermore, Youcandoit uses "atomidine", which even according to its own inventors is homeopathy. He goes on to claim that the government "hides the violet ray because they don't want you to have free energy".
Can you please think about these claims?

Apart from that, please provide a source for the Austrian government-funded research in that water. I was not able to find any.

- - - Updated - - -

This was on PBS, National Geographic, or OasisTV, ...one of the science and technology channels.....I SAW a mechanical engineer in some kind of plant use this TREATED WATER for their hydraulic systems and STATE that this water prevented a certain kind of either buildup, acidity, or corrosiveness damage to their systems....not sure exactly what it was ...

but these were real scientists, doing real research, with real money from the Austrian government...done and done...

...so those who think magic science is quack stuff, go check your ego at the door.....humans only know a infinitely LITTLE about how the universe works....yet ego's around here think they're the end-game when it comes to knowledge and intelligence...
No scientist considers science to be magic.

You are probably talking about destilled water, but most certainly not "memory water" or "energized water". There are directives in the German speaking states (this includes Austria, by the way, just in case you dont know because apparently you guys think we are governed by monarchs) prohibiting government funding for research into these fields, because the states consider them to be quackery.

Edit: And on topic of "banned quackery":
Youcandoit claimed that the US government bans "oxygen peroxide cancer therapy" because it is so effective at completely healing cancer and thus depriving pharma companies of their earnings. This stuff is banned in the German speaking states, because it is classified as dangerous and as quackery by the national medical councils. But yeah, probably it is just governments who want to harm their people. Conspiracy theory all the way.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
it has shown that water can actually have a "memory", in some strange way..this isn't magic, this is science...

Sparx4444 said:
this isn't homeopathy, you jackass..this is real scientists in Austria...The Austrian government pumps millions in to this research because it is valid...

"(Water memory) is claimed to be the mechanism by which homeopathic remedies work, even though they are diluted to the point that no single molecule of the original substance remains. Water memory is not consistent with scientific laws in chemistry and physics and is not accepted by the scientific community."

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory for more.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Apart from that, please provide a source for the Austrian government-funded research in that water. I was not able to find any.

- - - Updated - - -

No scientist considers science to be magic.

You are probably talking about destilled water, but most certainly not "memory water" or "energized water". There are directives in the German speaking states (this includes Austria, by the way, just in case you dont know because apparently you guys think we are governed by monarchs) prohibiting government funding for research into these fields, because the states consider them to be quackery.

Edit: And on topic of "banned quackery":
Youcandoit claimed that the US government bans "oxygen peroxide cancer therapy" because it is so effective at completely healing cancer and thus depriving pharma companies of their earnings. This stuff is banned in the German speaking states, because it is classified as dangerous and as quackery by the national medical councils. But yeah, probably it is just governments who want to harm their people. Conspiracy theory all the way.

Holy f-u-c-k...there you go again -- telling me something different from what MY OWN EYES saw...I NEVER SAID it was "energized" weather.....all I said is that there is a branch of science studying advanced properties of water....

....as far as me having to prove anything to you by providing links and facts and proof -- go f-u-c-k yourself....i don't need to prove anything to you ....get lost out of this thread if you don't like it ....holy jeezus your're an a**h**...

- - - Updated - - -

"(Water memory) is claimed to be the mechanism by which homeopathic remedies work, even though they are diluted to the point that no single molecule of the original substance remains. Water memory is not consistent with scientific laws in chemistry and physics and is not accepted by the scientific community."

you have no clue about what I'm talking about...so get lost trying to participate in a conversation in which you are displaying ignorance...not to mention just be total a-hole...Like I told bent -- don't like the thread, don't participate in it...if you do, then be prepared for a fight if you come on here telling others they're idiots

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"I'm making statements but you want proof? F*ck off, I don't have to give proof for my claims! If I say so it's true!!" Youcandoit apparently lives by the same motto. And thus, it is obviously a fact that moles are caused by "bad circulation" and that the thyroid gland is responsible for scalp circulation. Even though Wikipedia disproves it.

Gotta love those Northern Americans and their conversational style. Somebody disproves your statements? That person obviously needs to f*ck off, cause dealing with facts sucks! Now I know why you guys think Europe is ruled by kings and queens. Somebody came along, claimed that in Europe we are governed by monarchs, and when asked for proof he said:
Sparx4444 said:
....as far as me having to prove anything to you by providing links and facts and proof -- go f-u-c-k yourself....i don't need to prove anything to you ....

This explains your education. Apparently, proof for your own claims is not necessary in your culture but instead you go aggressive. Where I come from, the one who makes claims also provides proof.

Ever read a scientific article with, instead of a "reference" section, a small line saying "go f-u-c-k yourself....i don't need to prove anything to you ...."?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for inviting an unwelcomed spectre back here to the forefront. In my own imbalanced state of "hairlossmania I nearly lost sight of the fact that nevertheless how great the importance of discovering a cure for hair loss really may be it pales immeasurably in comparison to a complexly deeper and dangerous pandemic. I am referring to another disease gentlemen, one we won't find in any PDR. What is this indiscriminate infliction/ affliction that our beloved science community fails to recognize as a legitimate disease, that even ironically so-called "quack science" dismisses it at best as another conditional and /or disassociating disorder? By any other name it is Vanity. It is ugly yet we are seduced by it. It's fertile yet reaps spoiled fruit. It is the supreme riddle of all riddles.Try as mankind might to understand it it cannot be cured. Our conduct exhibited here is strong enough proof for me the disease is world widespread. The afflicted men here, we know who we are: such rare talent, such great waste.., like hair loss there are alternative treatments available. I strongly recommend prescribing all here a holiday/vacation from this thread or forum. "Lunatical Studies"have confirmed that a routine maintenance plan in the form of a convalescing sabbatical does a body good:). Please consider this thought when ever symptoms flare up .Disengaging in a conversation or thread does not signify our degree of respect for some one else's expressed belief one way or another nor will it dignify their degree of disrespect or acrimonious disapproval. No es facil. Best wishes gentlemen.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing as nobody else has stepped up to say that they've tried one of these devices I'm going to reiterate what I said before:

I ordered mine about a year ago and it made me sick. Swollen glands, body aches, chills, the whole 9 yards.

Third world English with capitalized letters scattered throughout the instructions. The brand name was nowhere to be found on the box.

http://www.amazon.com/Darsonval-Hig...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1392147739&sr=1-1

Yup up that's defending from china don't buy from there, mine never made me sick after using every day do for few months, maybe your allergic to the gas they put in them? Did it glow orange or purple.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Gotta love those Northern Americans and their conversational style. Somebody disproves your statements? That person obviously needs to f*ck off, cause dealing with facts sucks! Now I know why you guys think Europe is ruled by kings and queens. Somebody came along, claimed that in Europe we are governed by monarchs, and when asked for proof he said:

This explains your education. Apparently, proof for your own claims is not necessary in your culture but instead you go aggressive. Where I come from, the one who makes claims also provides proof.

Ever read a scientific article with, instead of a "reference" section, a small line saying "go f-u-c-k yourself....i don't need to prove anything to you ...."?

You douche bag -- why do I give a rats-*** about water on a hairloss thread?? I have to chase down something I saw on educational tv to prove to you I'm not lying?? And about water???

I'll reiterate -- go f-u-c-k yourself...

..and btw -- I have you ever had an electric shock?? Does it sting?? uh, yeah...why??? Because you feel it...why do you feel it?? Because it's imparting a force on your skin -- that electric potential is being realized by translation to mechanical energy...education?? Again, I'll reiterate -- go f-u-c-k yourself and your ignorance and how you talk down to people...

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score

Why don't you and Benjt get married you always follow behind his posts just to agree with him, be your own person, you can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

You douche bag -- why do I give a rats-*** about water on a hairloss thread?? I have to chase down something I saw on educational tv to prove to you I'm not lying?? And about water???

I'll reiterate -- go f-u-c-k yourself...

..and btw -- I have you ever had an electric shock?? Does it sting?? uh, yeah...why??? Because you feel it...why do you feel it?? Because it's imparting a force on your skin -- that electric potential is being realized by translation to mechanical energy...education?? Again, I'll reiterate -- go f-u-c-k yourself and your ignorance and how you talk down to people...

Dont worry about them this thread was created for people who WANT TO EXPERIMENT using violet ray, not for people to bash. The forum admins should ban these types of users starting arguments, same ones who argued with squeegee and the other banned member. Yet the trouble makers get to stay. Make sure and take some sulfur and have iron in system as well when using sparx4444

and Benjt over active and under active thyroid equals hair loss that's a fact call any doctor. Doesn't matter if Wikipedia doesn't mention it. You seem to post a lot off false information, at least what I post cannot be proven.

this is is from the UK maybe you will listen
Thyroid For Dummies (UK Edition)

cant even believe your trying to disprove the function of thyroid when everyone knows under active thyroid equals massive hairloss.

it it actually makes me happy to see a bad reputation notification - hit me again this will be my signature maybe

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
..and btw -- I have you ever had an electric shock?? Does it sting?? uh, yeah...why??? Because you feel it...why do you feel it?? Because it's imparting a force on your skin -- that electric potential is being realized by translation to mechanical energy...education??
Yeah, education. When you are stung by an electric shock it is not translated to mechanical energy. Your statement is completely wrong, as you should've learned in high school but apparently haven't. Please look up Wikipedia on possible translations between electrical and mechanical energy.

Please, even if you don't like me, please at least use Wikipedia. Wikipedia alone is enough to debunk this bullsh*t.

As you will probably refuse to use Wikipedia, I'll just copypaste what it says on electric shocks:
Wikipedia said:
Heating due to resistance can cause extensive and deep burns.
This is what I tried to explain to you before. There is no translation of electrical energy to mechanical energy when you receive electrical shocks. The translation is from electrical to thermal energy. Thus, you don't receive mechanical stimulation from such a device. This information can be retrieved just by using Wikipedia. So please, if you don't listen to me, use at least Wikipedia.

Again, I'll reiterate -- go f-u-c-k yourself and your ignorance and how you talk down to people...
I can't say that I wish the same for you. I just wish you would use Google, Wikipedia, and your brain. "Ignorance" is defined as "not knowing". You don't know one little bit about energy conversion and thus make completely wrong claims. Then you go aggressive when other people tell you that they are wrong. Awesome! That's what I call "properly educated"!

and Benjt over active and under active thyroid equals hair loss that's a fact call any doctor.
I do know that. But that is not the problem. The problem is that
a) you stated that the thyroid gland is important for "scalp circulation". This is as wrong as it gets, as your own frakking link shows.
b) thyroid-induced hairloss is completely different from Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness, which is caused by androgens. You really want to treat hair loss that was caused by androgens with the same substances that are used to counteract thyroid-induced hair loss? Where the HECK is the logic behind this?

at least what I post cannot be proven.
Yes, and that is a major problem. You post so much stuff which cannot be proven. Yet you claim it to be true, though while it cannot be proven, it can be disproven.

this is is from the UK maybe you will listen
Awesome. This link even contradicts your own statements. It does not say anywhere that the thyroid gland is in any way responsible for scalp circulation.

cant even believe your trying to disprove the function of thyroid when everyone knows under active thyroid equals massive hairloss.
I don't know if you noticed, but we deal with androgenetic hairloss in this forum, not thyroid-induced hairloss. These two are substantially different. Would you please read up on the differences? Pretty please?

And have you read up on the European states and their forms of government in the meanwhile, or do you still think we are governed by kings and queens?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The only thing I'll say is that this thread probably should be in the Alternative section...that way bent and bushwacker can stuff their crap up there a-hole's

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, education. When you are stung by an electric shock it is not translated to mechanical energy. Your statement is completely wrong, as you should've learned in high school but apparently haven't. Please look up Wikipedia on possible translations between electrical and mechanical energy.

Please, even if you don't like me, please at least use Wikipedia. Wikipedia alone is enough to debunk this bullsh*t.

my god man...get out of your head ...you can't think for yourself unless someone you deem "smarter than you" clears a path for you???

For crissakes...you are clearly a lost soul....When I stick my laser helmut on my head, I don't fee a thing....Go stick your finger in an electrical outlet and test whether your finger is "physically" being moved...a big enough shock can jolt your whole body off your feet...

...let me ask you...do you live your life secluded in your basement, like a troll, who never goes out and experiences the real world and lives in a virtual reality that exists in your mind???

Sure as hell seems like it

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not have an adamant position on this violet ray thing. It's known to produce a lot of ozone which has some effect on Nitric Oxide. It oxidizes it into Nitrogen Dioxide. We know that NO as a chemical is very much involved in the complex process of male pattern baldness (see benjt's "Understanding and modelling the hairloss process"). Ozone is also germicidal which could also have some subtle impact on the whole and complex immune process like Ketoconazole (Nizoral) does. Also since it produces small electric sparks towards the skin it's been used to destroy hardened tissue like warts and help with cautery which in a way isn't far away from the dermarolling concept. My grandma used this device against acne and she was swearing by it for that purpose. I'm not having any opinion about the whole thing, I just want to say that we need to look at this with intellectual rigour before discarding it, or not.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
My grandma used this device against acne and she was swearing by it for that purpose. I'm not having any opinion about the whole thing, I just want to say that we need to look at this with intellectual rigour before discarding it, or not.

whoa, whoa...best not get your grandma involved with bent and bushbush lurking...she's not a scientist and you can't believe anything she says because she hasn't put her experience through 15 phases of testing...so she's automatically invalidated, if you believe their crap

- - - Updated - - -

It's known to produce a lot of ozone which has some effect on Nitric Oxide. It oxidizes it into Nitrogen Dioxide. We know that NO as a chemical is very much involved in the complex process of male pattern baldness (see benjt's "Understanding and modelling the hairloss process"). Ozone is also germicidal which could also have some subtle impact on the whole and complex immune process like Ketoconazole (Nizoral) does.

But I think we're talking NO levels in your bloodstream, so I am not sure if this would translate that do NO conversion right at the scalp level...Maybe the ozone was what made that other guy get sick when he used it...

- - - Updated - - -

Also since it produces small electric sparks towards the skin it's been used to destroy hardened tissue like warts and help with cautery which in a way isn't far away from the dermarolling concept.

yeah...this is the kinda thing that I was bemusing about before bent and bushwacker came on here telling everyone their idiots for believing in this nonsense...Their MIGHT be something to this...anything that can agitate MIGHT accomplish the desired effect, short of making your scalp bleed...I mean, BBQ was scorched and he regrew his hair...Maybe the VR is a light scorching?? I dunno, I'm saying MIGHT, but you can't say MIGHT without being s-h-i-t on for being scientifically handicapped

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
The electric sparks that occur on the scalp may cause micro fissures not visible to the eye but enough to enable contact of ozone with the capillaries.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I was curious about the VR even before this thread was started...considering I've spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars fighting my hairloss, this is a drop in the bucket and doesn't require much time to do...

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I was curious about the VR even before this thread was started...considering I've spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars fighting my hairloss, this is a drop in the bucket and doesn't require much time to do...

Definitely worth a shot from that perspective. I'd love to hear somebody else's response to trying this.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing as nobody else has stepped up to say that they've tried one of these devices I'm going to reiterate what I said before:

I ordered mine about a year ago and it made me sick. Swollen glands, body aches, chills, the whole 9 yards.

Third world English with capitalized letters scattered throughout the instructions. The brand name was nowhere to be found on the box.

http://www.amazon.com/Darsonval-Hig...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1392147739&sr=1-1

Violet rays generate ozone, which is both toxic and an irritant.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my god man...get out of your head ...you can't think for yourself unless someone you deem "smarter than you" clears a path for you???
Oh, I can. I'm even paid to do exactly that. But I'm also able to recognize and admit when I just don't have sufficient knowledge in an area and then to rely on reputable sources - in my field of work we call that "standing on the shoulders of giants". That is the way all scientists work, by the way. When you don't know about something, you turn to sources that do, instead of just blindly assuming things.

Go stick your finger in an electrical outlet and test whether your finger is "physically" being moved...a big enough shock can jolt your whole body off your feet...
Oh, great. You still refuse to read Wikipedia. Physical movements as a consequence of electrical shocks to the body is always a consequence of muscle straightening, and not the electrical energy "moving" you. The human body's magnetism is so low that not even a thunderstrike can physically move you. Read this for more explanations why people are "moved" by electric shocks.
As written on Wikipedia: When electric energy hits the body, it is converted to thermal energy. Not mechanical energy. There is no mechanical stimulation from electric shocks. It is simply not possible with the laws of physics. And if you still don't believe me, Wikipedia, and the link that I just provided in the last paragraph: Ask a physicist.

odalbak said:
Also since it produces small electric sparks towards the skin it's been used to destroy hardened tissue like warts and help with cautery which in a way isn't far away from the dermarolling concept.
That is the first viable theory as to why this device could potentially work in the whole thread. I've also thought about that. The problem is that the electricity, no matter how strong, does not go deep enough with such a device. The body's electrical resistance, when not doing full-fledged conducting of a current from head to toe, is way too strong. That is also why such a device can be used to treat acne and moles without much danger: It only affects the very top level of skin tissue. Not, as Youcandoit claimed, because "moles are caused by bad circulation" and "violet ray increases circulation", both of which are provably wrong statements.
A potential way to actually destroy the fibrotic tissue would be a related treatment: Radiation therapy (and I mean the one used by hospitals for treating cancer and other forms malignant new tissue) can targetedly destroy tissue in one spot without affecting surrounding tissue. This way, one could maybe create the condition the BBQ guy had without having to actually go through the pain and just hit the relevant tissue.

odalbak said:
My grandma used this device against acne and she was swearing by it for that purpose. I'm not having any opinion about the whole thing, I just want to say that we need to look at this with intellectual rigour before discarding it, or not.
That is exactly what I am trying to do here. The problem is that homeopathy ("atomidine"), misconceptions ("hairloss is caused by thyroid deficiency" - a statement which holds for some forms of hairloss, but not for ours), completely wrong understanding of highschool-grade physics, esoterics ("electrical vibrations harnessing the positive energy of the universe") and conspiracy theories ("the government hid the violet ray from us because they don't want us to have free energy") is dominating this thread.
It is completely impossible to discuss such a device under these conditions, especially if your conversation partners refuse to read wikipedia and insist on theories such as homeopathy which have been debunked ages ago.

Sparx4444 said:
Their MIGHT be something to this...anything that can agitate MIGHT accomplish the desired effect, short of making your scalp bleed...I mean, BBQ was scorched and he regrew his hair...Maybe the VR is a light scorching?? I dunno, I'm saying MIGHT, but you can't say MIGHT without being s-h-i-t on for being scientifically handicapped
As I'm telling you for the third time now, I have never refuted that this device might work. I'm only trying to get an understanding why or why not it might work. Up until now, not a single theory brought up in this thread makes sense in any way. As stated above, Youcandoit - who introduced this device in the first place - is simply a science illiterate (and has no education on top of that, as evident from his "Europeans are still ruled by kings and queens" bullsh*t). He uses theories that have been debunked decades ago ("atomidine"), esoterics ("electrical vibrations of the universe") and conspiray theories. On top of that, he lacks the basic understanding to tell apart different forms of hair loss, which is why he promotes substances that are suitable for other forms of hairloss, but not for androgenetic hairloss.
He has opened another thread in this subforum - where he promotes theories to cure hairloss gained through "psychic readings". Obviously, complete bullsh*t.

odalbak said:
The electric sparks that occur on the scalp may cause micro fissures not visible to the eye but enough to enable contact of ozone with the capillaries.
Unfortunately, for the same reason this device is suitable for treating moles without any danger to lower layers of the skin, it is unsuitable for treating anything below the epidermis. The electrical energy is converted into thermal energy on the spot by the tissue's resistance. Otherwise, this device would be very dangerous - just imagine what multiple thousands of volts do to nerves which could be hit if the device would go any deeper.

Sparx4444 said:
I can only encourage you to use it. It's your money after all. But as of now, there is not a single theory which would explain why this device could have any positive effect on hair growth.
And frankly, for pure plausibility: If curing hair loss was that easy with such a device - especially as these claims aren't new! - it would be known by now and universities wouldnt be spending millions of dollars on research which would be useless then. But all these claims from around 1900 cited by Youcandoit have been disproven by scientists in the meantime.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found that electrical impuls are used in activation of oocytes, I don't know if it is a mechanical effect or what...

J Assist Reprod Genet. 2013 Dec;30(12):1605-10. doi: 10.1007/s10815-013-0113-z. Epub 2013 Oct 11.
Electrical activation of rabbit oocytes increases fertilization and embryo development by intracytoplasmic sperm injection using sperm from deceased male.
Zhou X[SUP]1[/SUP], Yin M, Jiang W, Jiang M, Li S, Li H, Chen X.
Author information
Abstract
PURPOSE:
We investigated the effect of electrical stimulation on rabbit oocyte activation using intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) to determine whether viable offspring can be produced from deceased rabbit sperm using ICSI.
METHODS:
Sperm were collected from a heterozygote GFP male rabbit 5 h after sacrifice and cryopreserved in liquid nitrogen. Mature oocytes were fertilized using ICSI. A series of electrical pulse procedures were used to activate oocytes before and/or after ICSI. Following ICSI, zygotes were cultured in B2 medium for 4 days or transferred into the oviducts of recipient rabbits at the 2- or 4-cell stage.
RESULTS:
The blastocyst formation rate was significantly greater in oocytes that received one or two pulses prior to ICSI compared to controls and other electrically stimulated groups. In the single pulse before ICSI group, 23 % of the blastocysts expressed GFP, which was significantly greater than all other groups. However, those that received treatment before and after, or just following ICSI, showed a significant decrease in embryo survival. Finally, embryos from the single pulse before ICSI group were transferred into recipient female rabbits and a full-term kit was successfully delivered.
CONCLUSIONS:
One pulse of electrical stimulation prior to sperm injection was an effective method to activate rabbit oocytes for fertilization. Sperm collected from a deceased rabbit is able to produce viable embryos through ISCI that are capable of normal fetal and kit development.
PMID:
[PubMed - in process]
PMCID:
PMC3843171
[Available on 2014/12/1]