Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting that people get amazing regrowth from this in practice, but the trial numbers are not as good as HMI's, and it doesn't last as long. I can't wait to see what HMI does in practice

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people seem to be more pre-disposed than others on this treatment. Not sure if HMI will have a universal effect but it will be interesting to read their phase II results.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
At some point, we need to realize that walking around with a wounded scalp that's in constant healing state can't be that healthy neither. I am not down playing the risk of taking drugs from these (Chinese) labs in comparison, just the fact that it's not much better to think microneedling can be healthier after some time.

I may not look like it, but I pay attention to these tressless posts and invariably stopping the procedure goes back to square one in as long as it took to get there, plus it's seems harder to restart the second time around. So what can we use to determine that good is good enough?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp healing is part of the process, unless you want to only benefit from minoxidil absorption. My regimen now is one session every 10-14 days.

And its false that stop working after two years, especially for ARIs users.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp healing is part of the process, unless you want to only benefit from minoxidil absorption. My regimen now is one session every 10-14 days.

And its false that stop working after two years, especially for ARIs users.
How can it be false,when its documented in these forums that its effectiveness winds down with time,It happened to me.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can it be false,when its documented in these forums that its effectiveness winds down with time,It happened to me.

It was confirmed by one of the latest studies. It still worked even when the treatment was interrupted.

Still, i consider microneedling & minoxidil tools in the arsenal. Without antiandrogens, every growth stim strategy is doomed long term (5+ years).

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the definition of "it works" is so subjective and misleading. And it certainly loses effectiveness for the majority of people, just like any other treatment, this being the reason why we currently have nothing to effectively be safe from baldness with certainty.

Well, i disagree. Ru + dutasteride are insanely potent. Used together, it should stop baldness for decades.

Btw, i started balding at 16 y/o (34 now), pretty agressive genes from both sides and still above baseline. dutasteride saved my remaining hair

prevention is an achievable goal with current treatments

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was confirmed by one of the latest studies. It still worked even when the treatment was interrupted.

Still, i consider microneedling & minoxidil tools in the arsenal. Without antiandrogens, every growth stim strategy is doomed long term (5+ years).
Studies and real life results can be very different.Hairlosstalk is the real laboratory.This is where you go.Do you still believe that the vaccines will protect you from OMICRON?Maybe, but not to the degree the claimed in the beginning.
How did it work for you?I pick it up again together with a few other things hoping for better results this time.
Pigeon you keep on posting short term resuls,how about long term?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did it work for you?I pick it up again together with a few other things hoping for better results this time.

I recovered some of my hairline and density is better overall. Not an outstanding result like some of those tresless guys but its "cosmetically significant".The good thing is most of my gains from remain the same till today.

Im kind of worried about the theoretical possibility of skin cancer, so im following a less intense protocol: fewer sessions with a dermapen instead of a roller.

But as a "veteran", my advice is not to obsess with the silver bullet. If you are on NW2-3, its all about researching current options and picking the combo that suits you best.

Solid_Snake

My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but would it be possible to use micro needling + minoxidil on the donor area, after a hair transplant, to possibly produce new follicles where ones have been harvested?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but would it be possible to use micro needling + minoxidil on the donor area, after a hair transplant, to possibly produce new follicles where ones have been harvested?
Of course it is,that's the whole idea behind it

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What? No minoxidil/needling is about "reviving" your old, dormant follicles. I doubt many new follicles are created.
I have a scar on my scalp, still no hair there after a lot of microneedling despite growing hair everywhere around it. I thought at one point it had gotten smaller, but it was just the new hairs around it covering it. I think true neogenesis is only going to happen with SAG, and even then it's difficult to achieve.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you read the last pages? I can't force people to post long term results but from the ones that do update I see positive things. The guy from OP who made this treatment popular, recently gave an update and he confirmed he still has all his gains and maintains with only minoxidil/needling for 3-4 years now. And we have multiple other people saying minoxidil still works for them after x years.

Also if you'd search a bit you will find other long term reports.

Somebody has maintained very well with needling and finasteride

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? No minoxidil/needling is about "reviving" your old, dormant follicles. I doubt many new follicles are created.
What,what? are you saying its not true?Read some more studies with people who lost their hair due to burns.You disappoint me because i consider you very knowledgeable in needling.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both, not just one
Somebody is a person. He was the first one I remember on here with good results. His name on here was "somebody". I think his youtube name is somebodyalex or something. He effectively got full regrowth from Norwood 3, and maintained that for years.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What,what? are you saying its not true?Read some more studies with people who lost their hair due to burns.You disappoint me because i consider you very knowledgeable in needling.
Do you have examples of these studies where humans regrew hair from wounding after being burned? There is only the campfire guy as far as I know. I doubt this happens from microneedling and minoxidil. In fact I know it doesn't in my case.