Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you holding up?

Needling hasn't been the solution I was hoping for, personally.
My hair is still looking good but I had become a bit lazy with the whole needling routine.

The older I get, the less I care about going bald, although I might regret saying that one day.

I've been disciplined with it over the last month or so and hope to keep it up.

I don't really come on sites like this any more but if there are ever any major changes I'll update on this thread.

It obviously works well for some but I've

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling hasn't been the solution I was hoping for, personally.

Kind of in the same boat. Been doing needling + minoxidil only for about a year and 3/4 months now and I immediately noticed density and hairline improvement on the temples. Things were pretty great up until about 2 months ago when I started shedding like crazy and I am now slightly worse off than when I started needling +minoxidil, which is to say pretty bad since I was going strongly downhill before I started.

Was hoping that needling would create some new hairs that would at least last for 2-3 years or maybe longer, but that hope is pretty much over with at this point. Seems to me without an AA, minoxidil and needling is an incredibly short-term solution and essentially cope at the end.

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people with a more aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia may read this and come up with the wrong conclusion that it will work for them too.
There are somehow too many success stories circulating here that lead to an unswerving belief in microneedling. The hype is over. I would have liked to believe in it too.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with John on this one. Dermarolling + min without antiandrogen therapy is not going to make it long term, especially for young agressive Androgenetic Alopecia cases.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I’d err on the side of caution - you cannot expect to maintain the benefits achieved through minoxidil, microneedling, or both combined long term. It’s just not possible, that’s not how the science works. It irks me when I read posts degrading minoxidil or microneedling because their hair loss continued to progress or they lost their gains after a while. You need an anti androgen whether it’s topical or oral form, you need it

Reactions: 300

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you are part of the 2% of the Androgenetic Alopecia population with sides on Fina, I wouldn't advice anyone to waste two years of their hair life by only doing MC and minoxidil without any AA. We don't know the long term aspect of wounding a scalp and we also know that minoxidil is not going to save you forever. When you hit the barrier, it's a brutal experience.

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you are part of the 2% of the Androgenetic Alopecia population with sides on Fina, I wouldn't advice anyone to waste two years of their hair life by only doing MC and minoxidil without any AA. We don't know the long term aspect of wounding a scalp and we also know that minoxidil is not going to save you forever. When you hit the barrier, it's a brutal experience.
Only 2% with sides on finasteride? I would bet it‘s more.

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a pointers to scientific studies showing different stats or is this something you just pulled out of thin air?
Yes:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these studies seem to be contradicting themselves. On the higher end, ED symptoms decrease over time (but you still read people stopping on day one at the first sign of a limp dick). In the middle range, the nocebo effect seems to influence the observation more than the drug itself (many people on this forum are subject to this). On the low end, they refer to T level being more important to treat first before crying wolf on Fina (which can be covered if you have a good doctor or know how to read blood test results.) All of these points should be taken into consideration when evaluating a drug even if FDA approved.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might it not be that micro needling works for all in the long-run? It's a hack unlike any other that I have ever known to exist, for both attractiveness and hair and just youth and rejuvenation in general. I have done it weekly for 30 months without fail but eh, I am all but literally the only person on Earth to have micro needled for that long continuously. It appears to me to re-generate hair-bearing follicles even where there's none. How is that even possible? Cross-talk among not just follicles but apparently between hair-bearing units is coordinated and stem cells and other factors make hair from scar-bearing tissue a reality. If I am right about that, then it might mean many more follicles to be able to be harvested from donor area although one questions why a transplant is needed if micro needling can regenerate follicle-bearing tissue. Probably there is no longer any need for most transplants for those inclined to put the time in derma-rolling and micro needling. Retin-A makes it even gooder. Stupid spell check. I meant to say goober, again, goober, rather and there it goes a third GD time.

Last edited:

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone seen this study;

Microneedling Improves Minoxidil Response in Androgenetic Alopecia Patients by Upregulating Follicular Sulfotransferase Enzymes​

Could explain why needling works well for many who didn't respond to normal minoxidil usage.
Yes, I’ve seen that one (Dhurat is also involved) but have never been able to find the full text.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might it not be that micro needling works for all in the long-run? It's a hack unlike any other that I have ever known to exist, for both attractiveness and hair and just youth and rejuvenation in general. I have done it weekly for 30 months without fail but eh, I am all but literally the only person on Earth to have micro needled for that long continuously. It appears to me to re-generate hair-bearing follicles even where there's none. How is that even possible? Cross-talk among not just follicles but apparently between hair-bearing units is coordinated and stem cells and other factors make hair from scar-bearing tissue a reality. If I am right about that, then it might mean many more follicles to be able to be harvested from donor area although one questions why a transplant is needed if micro needling can regenerate follicle-bearing tissue. Probably there is no longer any need for most transplants for those inclined to put the time in derma-rolling and micro needling. Retin-A makes it even gooder. Stupid spell check. I meant to say goober, again, goober, rather and there it goes a third GD time.
Alert: Janney left the HRT thread in success story and is now invading the whole forum. Geeeesussssss.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey,in the past i told you that you talk a lot and you told me to f*** off and to suck a dick.I am about to return the favor.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey,in the past i told you that you talk a lot and you told me to f*** off and to sack a dick.I am about to return the favor.
Whatever works for people, I'm in favor of but I am also in an acid-y haze but yes prescribed edible.

• Haha
Reactions: 300