Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have higher heart rate from minoxidil? If so what did you do, lower dose?
A few weeks ago, i put on minoxidil right after microneedling, just to try something new and see if i get better results. my body spas'd out! shakes, chills, massive headache. from now on I only put it on 24 hours ago needling. When i wait 24 hours, I don't feel anything when i put on minoxidil.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone have higher heart rate from minoxidil? If so what did you do, lower dose?

It should go away after a few weeks on it’s own, and more than 3mL also can cause heart palpitations. Avoid applying to damp head or immediately after shower

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

And new study showing again that minoxidil + needling works

Is this only needeling only or better absorption minoxidil?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a new article about microneedling:
This is interesting:
Increasing the overall treatment duration of microneedling and reducing the frequency of microneedling sessions may positively influence an increase in total hair count.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see the cancer thing has been brought up again. So just to be safe I will cut down from 1.0 mm needling every 2 -3 weeks to once a month. That should be safe right? I just can’t see how a small 1.0 mm wound would take several months to heal as some have said.

Can I still do daily light needling at 0.25 mm, let’s say a week after a needling session at 1.0 mm or is that a bad idea?

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone ever discuss the needle diameter?

Maybe I'm wrong but we shouldn't be able to achieve 1600 wounds per cm², like follica, with existing devices.
A cm² offers the space of 100mm - If we take the Derminator2 which got a needle diameter of .15mm we can reach max. ~666 single wounds. So the needle diameter of follica's device would be max. around .06mm if the holes should be separately

edit: Just posted it in Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed | Page 52 | HairLossTalk Forums

Last edited:

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone ever discuss the needle diameter?

Maybe I'm wrong but we shouldn't be able to achieve 1600 wounds per cm², like follica, with existing devices.
A cm² offers the space of 100mm - If we take the Derminator2 which got a needle diameter of .15mm we can reach max. ~666 single wounds. So the needle diameter of follica's device would be max. around .06mm if the holes should be separately

edit: Just posted it in Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed | Page 52 | HairLossTalk Forums
Wounds close very fast and the 1600 includes overlapping wounds.

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wounds close very fast and the 1600 includes overlapping wounds.
The fast closing is a point I'm also thinking about. And if overlapping isnt a big deal it's not that complicated at all.
I'd be interested in the follica needle thickness anyways though.

charcoal

Reaction score
Our friend Dr Rachita Dhurat (who did the two big microneedling studies, and is also involved with Follica and MinoxiBoost) has co-edited a chapter on microneedling in the book Techniques in the Evaluation and Management of Hair Diseases.
She says that doing it weekly, at 1.5mm (dermaroller), is the best protocol.
I found the chapter online:
I found her clinic in India. It's in my city. Maybe I should consult her and get microneedling treatment from her directly

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found her clinic in India. It's in my city. Maybe I should consult her and get microneedling treatment from her directly
If I was living in your city I would definitely book a consultation with her and pick her brain about microneedling (and the SULT1A1 enzyme booster).