Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

5minutesbeforemiracle

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to that Indian study that is true. Most people that did the needling treatment had descent results.

But browsing this thread and talking with some users I got the feeling that in reality the opposite happened and most people weren't getting the results the study showed unfortunately. A study is a good indicator but not the final word on something, and it's not uncommon for them to have replication problems for a variety of reasons.
"A study is a good indicator".
It's not just one study. There's multiple, all from independent research groups. So there's multiple studies confirming it's efficacy, and this thread which contains anecdotal evidence supporting the treatment, and then also other websites like reddit where people share results too. Scientific evidence + anecdotal evidence = not good enough for you? That is some hardcore atheism, don't forget to pick up your fedora on the way out.

werefckd

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"A study is a good indicator".
It's not just one study. There's multiple, all from independent research groups. So there's multiple studies confirming it's efficacy, and this thread which contains anecdotal evidence supporting the treatment, and then also other websites like reddit where people share results too. Scientific evidence + anecdotal evidence = not good enough for you? That is some hardcore atheism, don't forget to pick up your fedora on the way out.
Talking about anecdotal evidence, in the last two pages of this thread there are two confirmed dudes that tried needling and got virtually no results.

HairGhost

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, how long would you wait after a hair transplant to start derma rolling again? Does three months sound as a logical choice?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have decided to start topical min again as im not happy with my results on current regimen, i stopped it about 12 months ago, just going to put kirkland liquid in a spray bottle since im terrible at using the dropper. Going to roll with moderate pressure using a ZGTS 1.5mm roller every night before applying minoxidil, from everything i have seen this is better than 0.75mm every two weeks like follica etc daily rolling seems to give best results. I really hate having to go back to messy topicals but it is what it is i guess.

iCloud

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn’t every night a bit too much? I am using 1mm, but even so my scalp is still very sore for a couple of days afterwards.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t every night a bit too much? I am using 1mm, but even so my scalp is still very sore for a couple of days afterwards.
Same with me. I use 1mm and at the highest speed setting of my dermapen. Skin is sore for a couple of days and from what I've read you need to give your skin enough time to heal.

But mild rolling is ok every day.

@Sanchez1234 There isn't really a consensus.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using a pen daily is definitely too much, rollers don't wound as effectively though and can be used daily when used with light/moderate pressure. I don't like using my dr pen on my scalp.

fran15

Reaction score
I've been using a Derminator 2 for close to two years with little to no results and am considering buying a Dr Pen for the higher speed as per the follica method...anyone think this would be worth a try?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using a Derminator 2 for close to two years with little to no results and am considering buying a Dr Pen for the higher speed as per the follica method...anyone think this would be worth a try?

Sure, give it a shot a let us know how it goes. I'm thinking of doing it myself since I hate spending 30 minutes needling.

fran15

Reaction score
Sure, give it a shot a let us know how it goes. I'm thinking of doing it myself since I hate spending 30 minutes needling.
Thanks Pegasus! I was actually going to flick you a PM to get your opinion on this. Which speed setting would be closest to the Follica method? (Dr Pen website says A7 can operate 8,000 - 15,000 RPM.)

I'll be sure to let people know here if it works :)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Pegasus! I was actually going to flick you a PM to get your opinion on this. Which speed setting would be closest to the Follica method? (Dr Pen website says A7 can operate 8,000 - 15,000 RPM.)

I'll be sure to let people know here if it works :)
7,200 rpm for 5 minutes with a 12 needle cartridge. Is 8k really 8k though? It's hard to test that.