Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
But if you only do it once every 14 days and at low depth (1mm), you reall tyhink that would be problematic long term?
Yes, It takes months for it to fully heal. If you do it every 14 days for years you're walking around with a wound that never heals, and more research is showing that is carcinogenic. I think the chances of cancer are pretty high longterm.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this basically means that people who have been needling for months/years should stop doing it if they want to preserve their health?

Nehel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, It takes months for it to fully heal. If you do it every 14 days for years you're walking around with a wound that never heals, and more research is showing that is carcinogenic. I think the chances of cancer are pretty high longterm.
If that were the case, all the Chinese who have been practicing acupuncture for centuries would have cancer... you're a lousy scientist, stop spreading your broscience on here and get lost!!

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
I bought a Dr Pen microneedle off Amazon and have noticed a massive differences to how it feels compared to the derma stamp . I used a derma roller before and a derma stamp at 1.5 length but nothing really changed. I've done the Dr Pen about 4 times now and my scalp is much redder afterwards with maybe one or two spots of blood. It does feel miles better and like it's doing something but this photo looks like sh1te tbh. I can feel more stubby hairs and feel at weak spots whispy hairs, but as you can tell, the photos in the harshest lighting don't really help andni think it makes it look even worse. As per my other posts I basically live in dermmatch and it looks passible. Anyway that's my two cents. I feel it is doing something and I will continue. I'm also on minoxidil and nizoral. I see people posting stuff without photos all the time so decided to share one, even though I look awful without stuff shading my scalp. Cheers
2021-10-2015.02.431070886965777834585.jpg

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Same lighting (sunlight) different angle I've used it 4 times. Once a week. I find sunlight is the harshest and least flattering. I have the same length of 1.5mm (12 needles)and I believe it's doing more. It feels deeper, which is odd as it's the same length. I got some surgical spirit to clean it and I just pop it in for twenty mins then brush off the dead skin cells with a toothbrush I don't use on my teeth. Couple days after my head itches like a son of a b**ch but feels great after a brush.
2021-10-2015.15.304030171774605864332.jpg

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If that were the case, all the Chinese who have been practicing acupuncture for centuries would have cancer... you're a lousy scientist, stop spreading your broscience on here and get lost!!
There's a big difference between accupuncure and microneedling. It's not my broscience, I'm simply telling you what the studies say

Nehel

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a big difference between accupuncure and microneedling. It's not my broscience, I'm simply telling you what the studies say
Yeah everything increases the risk of cancer according to studies... exposure to the sun, smoking, drinking alcohol, coffee, milk, eating red meat, soy, pollution, not getting enough sleep, sleeping near your phone, ...
Plus there isn't even a study yet on long-term SE of microneedling so despite your 10-year study, yes for now it's only broscience.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah everything increases the risk of cancer according to studies... exposure to the sun, smoking, drinking alcohol, coffee, milk, eating red meat, soy, pollution, not getting enough sleep, sleeping near your phone, ...
Plus there isn't even a study yet on long-term SE of microneedling so despite your 10-year study, yes for now it's only broscience.
I'm wondering if you're serious or not. You really think wounding the same area once a month (minimum) for years won't make this area a good place to initiate tumours ?
Studies are not everything, we can also use our brain. If many studies show that not letting wounds heal is carcinogenic, and that you're exactly doing it, you can at least be careful.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the size/depth of the wound matter though? Which is worse and potentially more tumor-friendly, one bigger/deeper wound that can't heal properly or multiple small ones?

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To grow and spread tumors need angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels) and a source of energy, which is mostly sugar. Cancer thrives on sugar...

If you really want to prevent tumors combine a ketogenic diet (low-carb) with intermittent fasting. Use Google Scholar and Sci-Hub for more information.

The angiogenesis created by microneedling is very mild and localized.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack the thread but this post is relevant to the thread and I am not ready for a "success story" thread yet.

It has been 7 weeks since I started and I know I said in this thread, a a bunch of pages back, that I would share results at the 6 month mark but I just wanted to share the progress of my crown since using the dermapen with minoxidil and dutasteride. There is visible thickening and/or regrowth happening back there. I am getting comments from people that don't know that I am treating my hair loss, except my wife. I dermapen once a week. It is super exciting because these have been the fastest results I have ever experienced. And that is saying a lot since I started balding at 16, i'm 33 now. So, I have been around lol. I can't wait to see results at 12 month mark.

Please give me your opinion about these results. To me, these are very dramatic results, in very little time. I started Sept 10th 2021. But I would like 2nd opinions. Forgive me in advance about the blurriness of the before pic. You can still the results, they are too visible to not see even with a bit of blurriness. I tried my best to mimic the same light, same location (bathroom), same positioning of the head, and same hair length.

Disclaimer: I had an FUE done in 2015, got lazy, stopped taking the big 3 and went through alopecia areata spots on my head. This basically killed my FUE results. hair transplant's can only do so much, they do not bring back hair, they don't stop male pattern baldness. You need to help the FUE, by taking care of your native hairs. I did not do that and I paid for it. I basically got back to the high norwoods.

Other info:

Minoxidil 15% once a day, 1 ML on crown, 1ML on hairline and temples. I use minoxidilmax DualGen, no PG.

Dermapen M8 Pro - 1.5 mm on crown, 0.75 mm on front. Once a week. I wait 24 hours before using minoxidil.

Dutasteride - 0.5, everyday. I tend to forget this though, and can go for days without taking it. I am trying to be more consistent.

Before (September 10th, 2021) - First day of dermarolling:

IMG_1024.jpg

After (October 21st 2021). You can see the crown getting darker and kind of closing in around the crown.

IMG_1023.jpg

This was incredible, it left me speechless when I compared the two.

I will keep you all posted and post before and after pics when I can see a dramatic change myself.

Edit: Btw, frontal baldness areas like hairline and temples, are also thickening. There are also signs of vellus hairs growing on the hairline and below it.

Last edited:

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I found another one from before.

This one is from August 17, 2021. Despite my hair being messy in the before pic, you can still see that pattern I have, got thicker and darker. You can see in the after pic that there is now clearly hair where there appeared to be none. This was me not using any hair loss treatments at all. You can also see my hair is flimsy and weak in the before pic. In the after pic, my hair looks like it’s getting its quality back.

Okay enough typing.

Aug 17th 2021:

3E7DCA3D-961C-46CD-82C8-ECB0556D3994.jpeg

^You can see my crown is a desert. You are looking at the last of my hairs, which are FUE hairs. of my native hair gone.

Today (October 28, 2021)

E2877041-5133-42DD-8A6C-FF5435D9A9C9.jpeg

I have a long way to go. 7 weeks is nothing in the hair loss treatment world. But I am positive I will see great results every couple of months. The dermapen is definitely a game changer.

Who ever wants to reclaim their hair: finasteride or dutasteride + Minoxidil 15% + Dermapen + FUE + stay on the hair loss treatment. Do not get lazy. Losing native hairs defeats the purpose of an FUE. Optimal appearance of hair is FUE hair+ Native hairs.

I wish I knew dermapen would work, before my FUE.

Unless I see amazing results in a month or two, next update will be at the 6 month mark. So, around March 2022.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also today:

9AC33B10-98AF-48CE-AA2F-495FD96888D6.jpeg

You can see it’s thickening. The quality of it is changing too, back to normal. It’s creeping back.

I could not get results like these, in the quickness I am getting it, on the big 3. Without dermapen, in the past, i’d be lucky to get these results in 6 months. 7 weeks is incredible. This wounding stuff really works.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, I found another one from before.

This one is from August 17, 2021. Despite my hair being messy in the before pic, you can still see that pattern I have, got thicker and darker. You can see in the after pic that there is now clearly hair where there appeared to be none. This was me not using any hair loss treatments at all. You can also see my hair is flimsy and weak in the before pic. In the after pic, my hair looks like it’s getting its quality back.

Okay enough typing.

Aug 17th 2021:

View attachment 171753

^You can see my crown is a desert. You are looking at the last of my hairs, which are FUE hairs. of my native hair gone.

Today (October 28, 2021)

View attachment 171755
I have a long way to go. 7 weeks is nothing in the hair loss treatment world. But I am positive I will see great results every couple of months. The dermapen is definitely a game changer.

Who ever wants to reclaim their hair: finasteride or dutasteride + Minoxidil 15% + Dermapen + FUE + stay on the hair loss treatment. Do not get lazy. Losing native hairs defeats the purpose of an FUE. Optimal appearance of hair is FUE hair+ Native hairs.

I wish I knew dermapen would work, before my FUE.

Unless I see amazing results in a month or two, next update will be at the 6 month mark. So, around March 2022.
Can you give ur hair transplant details? How much u got transplanted and have all of them stayed without treatment? And before transplant pic?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you give ur hair transplant details? How much u got transplanted and have all of them stayed without treatment? And before transplant pic?
It was a small hair transplant, maybe 2000. The surgeon warned me that because of my alopecia areata, it’s going to be risky and transplanted hairs are susceptible to alopecia areata. He is right, look at my donor area, that bald spot there is from AA. A lot of my grafts were affected by AA. I went ahead with the fue anyway.

I do not have pics of pre-FUE.

Transplanted hairs don’t need any treatment to stay. Just native hairs. My hair transplant hairs that I lost were to alopecia areata. Alopecia areata does not discriminate. Any hair on your body can get it.

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have higher heart rate from minoxidil? If so what did you do, lower dose?

Definitely. That's why minoxidil is preferable early in the morning, not late at night when you're trying to sleep.

Reactions: 300

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was a small hair transplant, maybe 2000. The surgeon warned me that because of my alopecia areata, it’s going to be risky and transplanted hairs are susceptible to alopecia areata. He is right, look at my donor area, that bald spot there is from AA. A lot of my grafts were affected by AA. I went ahead with the fue anyway.

I do not have pics of pre-FUE.

Transplanted hairs don’t need any treatment to stay. Just native hairs. My hair transplant hairs that I lost were to alopecia areata. Alopecia areata does not discriminate. Any hair on your body can get it.
is there really a big difference between the regular minoxidil 5 and minoxidil 15 ? thanks it's looking good btw