Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Sadra79

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello guys
I've just finished 30 minute micro needling by dermapen 1 mm needle depth. then a few minutes needling by dermastamp too!!
the question is: why i don't bleed at all? just a little redness!!!
this is some photo's of my scalp to see the result!!!!!
am i doing it wrong?
and i apply minoxidil in the same time! but no pain !! just a little

Attachments

• Fri Oct 15 15-45-31.jpg
    Fri Oct 15 15-45-31.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 111
  • Fri Oct 15 15-46-05.jpg
    Fri Oct 15 15-46-05.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Fri Oct 15 15-46-25.jpg
    Fri Oct 15 15-46-25.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Fri Oct 15 15-46-47.jpg
    Fri Oct 15 15-46-47.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 106

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The goal is not to bleed per se. Optimally you want to see erythema. What speed did you set your dermapen at?

Btw using a dermastamp at the same time won't help in any way. You can use a dermastamp prior to applying a topical solution to enhance absorption though.

CJ_Frankfurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
…and it depends on the machine you‘re using. You can have mild erythema with a 1.5mm dermaroller while having bloody scalp with the same depth with a derminator. Personally I use the derminator and it has a heavy punch. You can’t even compare dermapen with derminator. And the dermaroller depends on the pressure you put on it.

Sadra79

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont know exactly about the speed. it has 5 different speeds. i often set it as 2 or 3 level!!!
this is my result: i use minoxidil twice a day.
I'm not sure if i had any improvement!!!
first day:

1-png.png

after 1 month:

2-png.png

after 50 days:

3-png.png

after 2.5 months

4-png.png

i have tried to take picture in the same light but there could be some differences!!! its in the same room the same light and same hair length. i go to a hair dresser and cute my hair every two weeks. then i got a shower and took this pictures.
in all the pictures, my hair length is 1.6 cm
i've added zix and a peptide serum to my daily regime since 2 weeks ago.
the interesting part is i have bout a pen microscope so i could count my hair density!!!
my donor hair is between 180 to 210 hair per cm.
the thinner parts also is between 170 to 200. my hair count is the same almost everywhere. just it's thin in my frontal part and the crown.
i didn't loose density its just thin. if i can thicken my hair, that would be a great success.

Last edited:

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our friend Dr Rachita Dhurat (who did the two big microneedling studies, and is also involved with Follica and MinoxiBoost) has co-edited a chapter on microneedling in the book Techniques in the Evaluation and Management of Hair Diseases.
She says that doing it weekly, at 1.5mm (dermaroller), is the best protocol.
I found the chapter online:
https://books.google.be/books?id=vk...epage&q=rachita sanober microneedling&f=false

Last edited:

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Sadra79 If you set the speed at 4 or 5 you'll notice more erythema on your scalp. You'll also be able to cover your scalp at a faster clip. There's no way you should be doing it for 30 minutes.

How often do you microneedle?

Sadra79

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Sadra79 If you set the speed at 4 or 5 you'll notice more erythema on your scalp. You'll also be able to cover your scalp at a faster clip. There's no way you should be doing it for 30 minutes.

How often do you microneedle?
i do it once per week!!! thank you, i will set the speed at 4 next times.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Our friend Dr Rachita Dhurat (who did the two big microneedling studies, and is also involved with Follica and MinoxiBoost) has co-edited a chapter on microneedling in the book Techniques in the Evaluation and Management of Hair Diseases.
Did she specifically say a dermaroller over a dermapen?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was either written before Follica did more testing or she is strictly talking about a dermaroller. Follica showed that 0.8mm with a dermapen fortnightly is superior, and my own experience corroborates their findings.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was either written before Follica did more testing or she is strictly talking about a dermaroller. Follica showed that 0.8mm with a dermapen fortnightly is superior, and my own experience corroborates their findings
It was published this year. The chapter mostly talks about the dermaroller, as it is the most commonly used microneedling device and the Dhurat studies were also done with a dermaroller. She mentions that 200 wounds per cm2 are required, whereas Follica‘s device will produce 1600 needle wounds per cm2. This could perhaps explain the different optimal protocol? They are very different devices.

I myself am microneedling with the D2 every 10-14 days, because I want the wounds to properly heal. So far it’s working fine.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
When I use my dermapen, it takes days to heal and it looks like I have chicken pox on my scalp. The nice thing about a dermaroller, for me at least, is that you can adjust the pressure. Some of the best results I've seen are from light rolling to induce only redness, once a week.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that 2011 study has been discussed here multiple times.

Don't think there's a reason for concern if you're not overdoing it.
I actually think there is reason for concern, not just based on this study but others around wounding and cancer. The more you do it the more concerning it is. The problem is wounding isn't a permanent fix. It's something you have to keep doing for life if you don't want to lose the gains