Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why 0.9mm? Seems an arbitrary number.

As Seuxin said it's the Follica protocol. I've been using an M8 every fortnight for the last 6 weeks. I set the depth at .75mm for the top and vertex areas and 1mm for the temporal ones. Btw I use the fastest (i.e. 6) setting each time. I have bruising which lasts for a few days but no bleeding. Overall my scalp feels terrific.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People who use a dermapen at 1.5mm - do you generally go with once a week or once every two weeks?
Right now doing 0.8mm about every two weeks with 1.5mm pass every fourth or sixth week depending on mood. Also a 2.0mm pass once in a while.
Have some idea that 1.5mm+ is better to improve blood flow and create a healthier scalp while 0.8mm might help the actual hair growth better however have no proof this is the case. Having more and longer hair while nice makes it hard to follow progress and optimize treatment. :oops:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I rarely do. a*** pretty much disgusts me unless it's a real man who knows how to take what's his and it's been a while since Janey's had that, sigh but mostly I use the Hitachi Magic Wand until it overheats that one in 365 days occurrence and I, we, like it that way. The bombardment of sexual imagery gave me a nervous breakdown yes related to being fay and gay so to speak.
Whatever.....

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are pretty rude so as I make my exit from your hairless one Janeys just saying something akin to a harmless go suck dick dude it's in your future or was it in mine Janey coos. We haven't a clue they says, not a solitary clue but we do gots our hair back and that's enough for all of us "they" janey says and blankly shrugs as janey hasn't a clue nor nary a care in her pretty blondish mop of hair or is it head she said....
You are absolutely right.You don't know what you re talking about.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I did the most heavy dermaroller session(bloody) that I ever did
I used a cheap dermaroller 1.5mm and today my scalp is healthy and without the inflamed and itchy in just few hours later it's insane

I will keep you guys in my results and may give a new update the next three months later

My regime:
Monday & Thrusday: Topical Dutasteride 0.1% 1.5ml

Tuesday & wednesday & Friday & Saturday & Sunday: Topical minoxidil 5% 1ml

Saturday: Heavy needle session(bloody I believe it's needed)

Good luck to all ;)

Last edited:

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good dermapen? Preferably one available on Amazon UK if possible.

I'm currently using a £15 dermaroller with titanium needles. It's okay but i notice the needles bent a little from the rolling motion + pressure.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good dermapen? Preferably one available on Amazon UK if possible.

I'm currently using a £15 dermaroller with titanium needles. It's okay but i notice the needles bent a little from the rolling motion + pressure.

I have the dr pen ultima a6, think the m8 or something is out now.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had this question for a while but I could not find any information on it in these threads.

Does hair that you've grown by needling + minoxidil remain permanent as long as you keep using minoxidil and needling? Or is it bound to go away as your original hair in time in spite of applying minoxidil?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had this question for a while but I could not find any information on it in these threads.

Does hair that you've grown by needling + minoxidil remain permanent as long as you keep using minoxidil and needling? Or is it bound to go away as your original hair in time in spite of applying minoxidil?
Nobody knows as there are no long term studies. Can just say from personal experience after a few years of needling that not only is my new hairs still alive and improving but hair gains keep coming.
It's extremely slow though.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Nobody knows as there are no long term studies. Can just say from personal experience after a few years of needling that not only is my new hairs still alive and improving but hair gains keep coming.
It's extremely slow though.
But you use finasteride and estradiol..

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you use finasteride and estradiol..
That's true so take that into consideration.
However for several months I've have had normal male level testosterone and high normal to slightly elevated estradiol, of which about a month was completely without finasteride. Had no shed and hair quality still seems to improve.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can people give me an idea what % of people get results on the front hairline? Or, is it like Minoxidil and success mostly restricted to the crown?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Decent results so far with minoxidil and microneedling. Losing some ground due to stopping dutasteride, but still decent. The damn scalp itch from the pg in 5% minoxidil solution is becoming intolerable. Make a post if you’re having success with the foam version along with microneedling/dermarolling

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can people give me an idea what % of people get results on the front hairline? Or, is it like Minoxidil and success mostly restricted to the crown?
I've had very good results from my regimen and still have improvements after years of treatment. Don't know about percentages, we'd need some kind of poll for that.