Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintenance is good, if you’re not losing anymore that’s a good thing. Have you tried experimenting with different frequency needling? Once a week? Every other day? No harm in trying.
I was thinking of increasing to once a week, yes.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What size microneedle were you using?

How effective were your microneedle sessions? Did you wound properly?

Were you on any dht inhibitor?

Rather than using the micorneedle every 2 wks have you considered using it every week instead?

Have you considered increasing minoxidil application from 1x daily to 2x daily?
1. 12 needles at a depth of 1.25mm (I think that answers your question?).
2. Not deep enough to cause bleeding. but a lot of pain during each session, but only ended up with redness here and there on my scalp.
3. No.
4. May consider that actually, increasing to once per week
5. Impossible. I go to work. I don't exactly want to go to work with my hair splattered in a greasy mess of rogaine in the mornings. I use the liquid version.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with increasing the needle size you could see better results. You don’t want to enter just up to the end of the epidermis layer, you want to penetrate and enter into the dermis layer. 1.5mm is the most common length used to achieve this, however, some people’s epidermis layer may be slightly thinner and some may be slightly thicker. You’re using 1.25mm which is just shy of average. I would at least give 2mm a try before partially dismissing your treatment. You will know for sure one way or the other. IMO you are likely to see better results. This is a very effective treatment, but it needs to be tweaked and adjusted to each individual - one size does not fit all

E855814C-862F-4C1D-B14E-834E18DED375.jpeg

02AFF192-CA73-4FDF-8957-489BC77DF470.jpeg

F4A195CF-9B2E-46A9-915F-C04B12F01992.jpeg

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the follica study said .8mm is actually the best... but i don't feel anything at .8! so i went up to 1.25mm. so you're saying try 1.5 or even 2mm? i could give that a shot.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes this gains is very nice but throughout the time gains will starting decline again unfortunately without DHT inhibitor is a lost battle I'm talking for my experience.

I'm against oral DHT inhibitor but I recommend try topical with low dose frequency and with time if you feel ok increase the frequency

stevebamboo

My Regimen
Reaction score
What needle length would help with the fue scars? Thanks for the help! Is 1.5mm too much for the sides of the head?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered the Derminator 2 and it’s taking forever to receive (no fault of the sender, shipping is just generally slow for the time being)

Until I receive it, what other microneedle / dermaroller product is readily available that works well, a bonus would be if it’s sold on Amazon

Edit: Never mind. Had to go to US Amazon and ordered the Dermapen M8 with the 22 cartridges package.

Did you receive your Derminator 2? If so please compare that with the M8.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you receive your Derminator 2? If so please compare that with the M8.

I’m using one, the wife took the other one. I’ll use both and provide an update. Right off the bat I like the convenience of the M8. I use a cartridge once and toss it out. Can order it anytime and receive it relatively quick now that Amazon os back on track. With the D2 it takes a few months to receive anything.

French

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello, has someone who is DUPA like me been able to get results with this method?

finasteride does not work for me and I would like an example of a DUPA success story

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
M8 compared to Derm 2

I’m surprised at the speed and “puncture-power” (for lack of better term) of the D2 compared with the M8 I’ve been using. It may very well be just in my head but the puncturing speed is another level and for some reason it feels like it punctures at a higher velocity and more efficiently through the skin. Now I’m compelled to use it again next week and compare again. If I keep feeling this way about the D2 I just might wind up buying another one.

Last edited:

KurtCocain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any reason to microneedle while taking only Oral minoxidil and finasteride? From what I have read microneedling is only for the absorption of liquid minoxidil on the scalp right?