Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually think this wrong. I used to roll my scalp after a bath but now I do it dry and it causes more damage because you're pushing the needles in to harder skin, which will cause more damage (good thing).
Two years on microneedling and some other stuff. Cannabis and liquor can help the pain or at least make you think that they do. It's a strange sensation, microneedling, it hurts and it doesn't somehow. Beard removal is much worse pain-wise, at least when starting out. No pain, no gain.

Attachments

• IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 401

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another one with great results from minoxidil/needling only:

I have to say, minoxidil/needling really is amazing, I have never seen so many good results. Some of the regrowth these guys have is on par with "tranny" regimens who nuke their DHT and take estrogen, etc... Hell, it's even better sometimes.
It's not close to my hair but I was never so bald either so that must have sucked. I have been microneedling with min for 25 months now. i tell every single person to microneedle. But i do understand now why you guys are afraid of finasteride and min and pretty much all hormonal medications because it makes you feel worthless and less male. I forgot about that from when I was a guy. So eh, do what completes you. I can't type today because my hair won't stay out of my eyes. Some times it sucks having long hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling is also known as collagen induction but it's really hard to roll that area. It does seem that once in the morning or once every two days is better for the eye area because I went back to not recognizing the person in the mirror. I also am trying to establish dosage for MtF's and I have no idea. For cis-females, it's .25mg plus 25 mg of spironolactone which is a tiny amount and we don't really need spironolactone since we are supplementing endogenous estrogen. People get annoyed and just want the "guy" answer but I am trying my best to figure this out. I stopped shaving this week to verify how much beard and it's hard to see and nothing like a man's beard but it's rougher than it was and my legs got long and hairy quick and I just had them lasered. I paid for unlimited facial laser removal so I will just keep zapping it to see. Nothing from the waist up though really and I mean, I don't grow underarm hair and I never had that area done. Real females have to shave under their arms but I am glad not to have to.

Best,
Janey

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
So I think I may be doing more harm than good with my dermapen. I am doing the common 1.5 mm once a week, along with minoxidil twice a day (been on it forever, as I have been with finasteride) and my scalp bleeds quite a bit and takes days to heal. In the months I have been doing this, my hair--in the areas I've been microneedling--has gotten thinner and thinner. Even my wife, who is my biggest supporter about this stuff, commented that it did indeed look worse than when I started.

Is it possible that microneedling can do more harm than good, and damage the scalp/hair? I see so many saying no pain, no gain, and while it doesn't really hurt when I do it, it bleeds quite a bit and takes days to heal. Perhaps I should ditch the dermapen and opt for a standard roller and use less pressure? This is kinda freaking me out.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think I may be doing more harm than good with my dermapen. I am doing the common 1.5 mm once a week, along with minoxidil twice a day (been on it forever, as I have been with finasteride) and my scalp bleeds quite a bit and takes days to heal. In the months I have been doing this, my hair--in the areas I've been microneedling--has gotten thinner and thinner. Even my wife, who is my biggest supporter about this stuff, commented that it did indeed look worse than when I started.

Is it possible that microneedling can do more harm than good, and damage the scalp/hair? I see so many saying no pain, no gain, and while it doesn't really hurt when I do it, it bleeds quite a bit and takes days to heal. Perhaps I should ditch the dermapen and opt for a standard roller and use less pressure? This is kinda freaking me out.
I think collagen induction will make the bleeding not occur as you go along. I don't think microneedling can hurt your hair but I haven't done much derma-stamping and only by using the roller as a stamper but I am no doctor. I like the roller because I control the pressure and really the depth. You might want to switch to a roller. Just for fun, here's pics of me after that one time using the roller by pressing it in:

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 302

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I think collagen induction will make the bleeding not occur as you go along. I don't think microneedling can hurt your hair but I haven't done much derma-stamping and only by using the roller as a stamper but I am no doctor. I like the roller because I control the pressure and really the depth. You might want to switch to a roller. Just for fun, here's pics of me after that one time using the roller by pressing it in:
Good lord. Looks like Freddy Krueger had a go at you.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember that the old thread about dermaroller with hundreds of pages full of interesting information was closed because someone posted photos like that

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember that the old thread about dermaroller with hundreds of pages full of interesting information was closed because someone posted photos like that
Meaning what? The truth is the truth and while I went deep, it didn't hurt and it was therapeutic and dude asked me about bleeding. Don't try to do this at home, mere mortals.