Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t every night a bit too much? I am using 1mm, but even so my scalp is still very sore for a couple of days afterwards.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using a pen daily is definitely too much, rollers don't wound as effectively though and can be used daily when used with light/moderate pressure. I don't like using my dr pen on my scalp.

fran15

Reaction score
I've been using a Derminator 2 for close to two years with little to no results and am considering buying a Dr Pen for the higher speed as per the follica method...anyone think this would be worth a try?

fran15

Reaction score
Sure, give it a shot a let us know how it goes. I'm thinking of doing it myself since I hate spending 30 minutes needling.
Thanks Pegasus! I was actually going to flick you a PM to get your opinion on this. Which speed setting would be closest to the Follica method? (Dr Pen website says A7 can operate 8,000 - 15,000 RPM.)

I'll be sure to let people know here if it works :)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Pegasus! I was actually going to flick you a PM to get your opinion on this. Which speed setting would be closest to the Follica method? (Dr Pen website says A7 can operate 8,000 - 15,000 RPM.)

7,200 rpm for 5 minutes with a 12 needle cartridge. Is 8k really 8k though? It's hard to test that.

fran15

Reaction score
7,200 rpm for 5 minutes with a 12 needle cartridge. Is 8k really 8k though? It's hard to test that.
Alright thanks, just ordered the A7 now with Black Friday discount. It's strange, I ordered from the Australian website (I'm in NZ) where it says 8,000 - 15,000 RPM, however the US website says the A7 does 12000 - 18000 RPM. Hmmm....

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using a Derminator 2 for close to two years with little to no results and am considering buying a Dr Pen for the higher speed as per the follica method...anyone think this would be worth a try?
What was your exact routine with the D2? Thanks.

Luckoftheirish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you guys recommend the new M8,A6 or A7?
I have a sensitive skin for sure since I have a collagen disorder. But i'm looking for the best results.

fran15

Reaction score
Did 5 mins fast 1.5mm every 10 days - 2 weeks for over a year, then started doing 5 mins 1.25mm fast every 2 weeks which is much more manageable in terms of pain and scalp sensitivity afterwards. I've always used 12 needle cartridges. May have had some mild crown thickening but may just have been wishful thinking.

I don't want to do 30 mins on the D2 so thought I'd give the Dr Pen a shot.

GoatHair

My Regimen
Reaction score

From my best guess the guy who this thread was created about was using a cheap TBPHP model on top speed setting the speed of which is most likely around 18000 rpm judging from current models on sale, his routine lasts about 14 mins if you watch the video. hes probably top a responder with lower neogenisis tipping point but it seems he still got results even if he did to much.

so last week i set my a6s to top speed (17000rpm) for one last try having used all other methods. from what i notice slower controled movement is needed as you cant zip about like with a d2 with out a flesh snagging feeling.
so my new routine will be 17000rpm 1.5mm 15minutes weekly to bi weekly depending how i feel, i will also will be adding a very gentle 1.5mm 30 seconds feather touch daily roller for minoxdil application depending how scalp feels or time left till next wounding session etc .

Last edited:

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.75mm weekly and min daily for 3 and a half months now. Nothing positive to report yet. Feeling a bit discouraged :/ This is like nothing new in the last 7 years .. nothing has worked for me ..

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Samantha, what have you tried in the past? 3,5 months is still early, you should give it at least six months.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.75mm weekly and min daily for 3 and a half months now. Nothing positive to report yet. Feeling a bit discouraged :/ This is like nothing new in the last 7 years .. nothing has worked for me ..
I think most of the users that had success in that short of a timeframe used minoxidil along with needling. If you're not using minoxidil chances are you need to wait much longer for results as it is wounding/regeneration that you will be seeing results with, not increased minoxidil absorption.

This November was the 2 year mark. I had hoped to see more but so far happy with results after seeing pictures of myself show from back then. I don't need dermmatch anymore when going out and past few months have noticed a bunch of vellous activity on my hairline. This treatment takes time.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think most of the users that had success in that short of a timeframe used minoxidil along with needling. If you're not using minoxidil chances are you need to wait much longer for results as it is wounding/regeneration that you will be seeing results with, not increased minoxidil absorption.

This November was the 2 year mark. I had hoped to see more but so far happy with results after seeing pictures of myself show from back then. I don't need dermmatch anymore when going out and past few months have noticed a bunch of vellous activity on my hairline. This treatment takes time.

Yes basically I have been using min daily along with needling for 3 and a half months now. Prior to this, I tried needling without min for a bit more than a year with no results. I have been on spironolactone for years now btw and I am still on it.

i will probably keep trying this for a year anyways since nothing has worked so far and I don’t even know what else I could try at this stage.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Samantha, what have you tried in the past? 3,5 months is still early, you should give it at least six months.

On top of trying to up my iron, vitamin D etc levels for the typical women hair loss, I have been on spironolactone for years. Maybe it stabilised things but no regrowth. Used min without needling for more than a year. No regrowth. Use needling without min. Nothing.

now I’ve been trying needling with min for 3 and a half months now. Haven’t seen anything yet

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On top of trying to up my iron, vitamin D etc levels for the typical women hair loss, I have been on spironolactone for years. Maybe it stabilised things but no regrowth. Used min without needling for more than a year. No regrowth. Use needling without min. Nothing.

now I’ve been trying needling with min for 3 and a half months now. Haven’t seen anything yet
What dose of spironolactone? I am also on spironolactone (50mg) and dutasteride (0,5mg every other day).

Last edited: