Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at narwhal7 thread in success stories. Tell me if you think that is possible with minoxidil alone. There are dozens of documented cases of people getting better regrowth from wounding than anyone ever got before wounding became a thing on the forums.
Good thread. He is taking a lot of stuff on top of wounding and he must be a hyper responder to whatever is working for him because even compared to the other people getting good results he stands out.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I see that the only (or most of) the dudes posting their results with wounding are the ones that got good ones, so there is selection bias here.

If wounding really works (and that's a big if) then for how much % of the people?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a big if at all. There is selection bias in people who post results from other treatments as well. Yet needlers far outperform them. Before needling was popularized you never saw significant regrowth on the boards
Cheking r/tressless there is a good number of people with descent results using only fina and/or minoxidil, on par with the results the best responders are getting with wounding, generally.

But fair enough I will keep my mind open to it. l

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The second Dhurat study proved that regrowth is possible even without minoxidil.

Follica's studies showed the same

I have still yet to see someone provide cosmetically significant regrowth or even basic maintenance with needling alone sadly.

Last edited:

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I have still yet to see someone provide cosmetically significant regrowth or even basic maintenace with needling alone sadly.

It's because there are only 2 types of ppl in the successful cases. One is been using minoxidil with no results and then add needling. Another type is start with minoxidil and needling simultaneously.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's because there are only 2 types of ppl in the successful cases. One is been using minoxidil with no results and then add needling. Another type is start with minoxidil and needling simultaneously.

I think quite a few members have tried needling monotherapy and have concluded it simply doesn't work, i know on paper it is supposed to but i have my doubts.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I think quite a few members have tried needling monotherapy and have concluded it simply doesn't work, i know on paper it is supposed to but i have my doubts.

We dunno how they did their needling. Too often or too less? Depth? Dropped too early? But I agree minoxidil plus needling must be better than needling alone, just common sense.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard needling sends blood and calogen to the scalp and the minoxidil helps it fill in and grow so they work best together.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very strange.

One of the biggest wounding+minoxidil advocates here tried needling alone for 6 months, got no results and didn't bother to add minoxidil to it?

Very strange.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at "advocate" I should stop replying to the bait of this troll but anyway like many others I wanted to know if wounding by itself could help, it didn't for me and most here who tried it.
It was an honest question. It's strange that you believe so much in wounding+minoxidil but did wounding alone only (with no results) and didn't want to add minoxidil to your treatment. What's the reason for that?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I'm on a different regimen now and I'm content with that.

And why are you still in this thread if you don't believe minoxidil/needling works?
1. I assume it is giving you great results then?

2. I wrote multiple times that I don't know for sure and give the benefit of doubt to minoxidil/needling. I'm a skeptical that raise questions because I want to become a believer.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

2. I wrote multiple times that I don't know for sure and give the benefit of doubt to minoxidil/needling. I'm a skeptical that raise questions because I want to become a believer.
Start by reading the dozens of studies on it. It's well documented that it works. It's actually been known since the 50s, but was ignored and then forgotten.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If you want to be a believer read the studies and go through this thread. It works. It's documented working.