Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks

Sharing my quick update. I've been using a derma pen for about 7-8 months consistently every two weeks. And I must notice it does work. Derma could be the gold if your hair-loss is not aggressive. My loss has stabilized, but I still had consistent shedding. However, after using the Derma pen for a couple of months, the shedding issue got way better + plus my overall state of the scalp improved dramatically. At the beginning of the summer, I got too lazy and dropped my Derma pen regiment. As a result, I started to observe increased shedding. That wasn't one day change. The shedding has been increasing gradually and started to be noticeable in October.

OK. So, I would definitely recommend the derma pen as a good addition or even a standalone treatment for people with non-aggressive hair loss. Also, it can fix scalp itch pretty fast and should slow down the further loss.

I'm going to restart my Dermapen course, but I plan to add more stuff to my routine this time. I have a couple of questions. Maybe someone can help?

1. I saw that people have success after introducing Zix to the base Derma pen regimen. Are there any pieces of advice related to Zix? Should it be applied after wounding? Would it make sense to combine Zix and the derma roller?
2. There a handful of success stories that covered a combination of Minoxidil and wounding. Maybe someone tried a light version of Min(2%) + wounding? Or are there any other light growth stimulators that could be tried in conjunction with roller\pen\etc?
3. Just a super general question. Probably, I didn't follow the last 200 pages of this thread. Has something changed over that time? Did the community find something else that could enhance the benefit of wounding?

Hopefully, I will stabilize my current state soon. The next step is to get the transplant and forget about f****ng hair for the next 5-7 years (or even 10 if I'm a lucky bastard)

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just received my Dr Pen M8.

I was sceptical as to whether the needles actually move up and down as they are supposed to, or rather they just ‘vibrate’ - in the same way the very cheap pens do, so I recorded the device in motion and then slowed it down to try to find out.

In the video, the plastic cartridge itself does seem to move up and down, but I was studying the actual needles very closely and they don’t seem to be moving at all.

What do you guys think? Is this how they are supposed to work? Will I just do damage to my scalp with this or is it okay? Should I stick with the M8 or order the D2 and wait 6/8 weeks for it to arrive?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit- I tried to upload the video but wasn’t able to, anyone here know how to upload videos or whether it is possible?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I was sceptical as to whether the needles actually move up and down as they are supposed to, or rather they just ‘vibrate’ - in the same way the very cheap pens do, so I recorded the device in motion and then slowed it down to try to find out.

In the video, the plastic cartridge itself does seem to move up and down, but I was studying the actual needles very closely and they don’t seem to be moving at all.

What do you guys think? Is this how they are supposed to work? Will I just do damage to my scalp with this or is it okay? Should I stick with the M8 or order the D2 and wait 6/8 weeks for it to arrive?

Edit- I tried to upload the video but wasn’t able to, anyone here know how to upload videos or whether it is possible?
The forum doesn't host videos. If it's short (up to 60 secs) you can upload it on imgur and embed here.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If true your device or your needle cartridge is faulty but I doubt it. The principle is so simple that almost nothing can fail, a rotary motion is changed to a linear sinus formed motion pushing a spring loaded component holding needles.
You'll not see the motion clearly with a low FPS video.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does this work?
As you can see in the video the actual cartridge does seem to be moving up and down, but I was studying the needles very closely and they don’t seem to be moving at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure they aren't just moving that quick you can't see it with the naked eye?
Maybe but they literally weren’t moving at all, looked exactly the same with the pen switched off. If they were moving really fast wouldn’t there be some vibration effect or slightly blurred effect when looking?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does this work?
As you can see in the video the actual cartridge does seem to be moving up and down, but I was studying the needles very closely and they don’t seem to be moving at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
The needles are glued to the pusher thingy so if it moves needles do too. If the Chinese specifications were to be trusted the M8 would be capable of 22000 RPM / 60 = 366.67 RPS so about 366 Hz, to be able so get 3 frames per needle movement you'd need more than 1000 fps video.
Chinese specifications aren't to be trusted but even with a third of the frequency high frequency video would be required to see movement clearly.