Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, the most uncomfortable thing about microneedling is not the pain, but the goddamn sneezing. When I am doing the front part of my head, I constantly have to pause because of the sneezing.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
IME the M8 wireless is simply superior to the A7. Better needle cartridge better build quality less pain.

Yesterday I would have agreed with you but they have released a new pen the A6S.

Why is it better? Because it has a faster motor than the M8 and the Follica device is faster still. It’s all about the number of punch holes per second.

I own a D2 and haven’t got results.

I would definitely get this.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would take the sneezing if this sh*t worked, but unfortunately it doesnt.

Been needling for nearly two years and basically nothing, there was a period where I had a small cosmetic diference becuase I was taking oral minoxidil but you stop that and you best believe everything goes right back to normal.
What is your needling protocol?

I am feeling hopeful at the moment as I see a lot of little hairs sprouting, but then I am also using minoxidil, dutasteride, LLLT...

dantan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any professional microneedling that one can go to? Like a salon, beauty clinic or dermatologist?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, can someone give me some advice or technique, to be able to use the device(dermapen) on the entire scalp without leaving untouch places, since when using it, I suddenly feel that in some sectors I apply it more and in others I do not, i am apllying in all my top scalp.

Thanks a lot, hope you can understand what i am saying, hard to put in in words

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I would have agreed with you but they have released a new pen the A6S.

Why is it better? Because it has a faster motor than the M8 and the Follica device is faster still. It’s all about the number of punch holes per second.

@Pigeon @pegasus2 do you guys agree with me about the new device?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, can someone give me some advice or technique, to be able to use the device(dermapen) on the entire scalp without leaving untouch places, since when using it, I suddenly feel that in some sectors I apply it more and in others I do not, i am apllying in all my top scalp.

Thanks a lot, hope you can understand what i am saying, hard to put in in words
I just start from the sides and go up vertically until I reach the top of my head. Then I do the sides horizontally. Then I go from the front to the back of my head. Then I do the top of my head and the back horizontally. Then I start criss-crossing all over my head. Then I give a little bit more attention to the thinnest spots. Then I check for pinpoint bleeding and will give extra attention to the spots that look as if they are not red enough.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

All specs I've seen put the M8 at 22000 rpm and the A6S at 17000 rpm. Seems to share the M8 cartridge design so it should be good and replaceable batteries is a plus.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
All specs I've seen put the M8 at 22000 rpm and the A6S at 17000 rpm. Seems to share the M8 cartridge design so it should be good and replaceable batteries is a plus.
It does seem to me that this is the one that’ll create the most penetrations per second which is what I understand we need.

@Pigeon It does make me wonder. I reckon most of the people it’s not working for seem to be people like me using the D2. Those cheaper ones may also have the speed over D2 that’s needed for our precious heads.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon @pegasus2 do you guys agree with me about the new device?

It's a lot more expensive. Unless money's not much concern for you I would just get the cheaper one. The faster the motor the less time you have to use it. If you use the D2 you need to use it longer, and most people aren't going to needle for that long. The cheaper devices seem to work fine, and require less time for the procedure. I haven't looked into this new one, but it's probably not much better. The cheaper ones like the A7 can supposedly operate at the same 120hz as the Follica device. I don't think you'd want it to go any faster than that.

It does seem to me that this is the one that’ll create the most penetrations per second which is what I understand we need.

@Pigeon It does make me wonder. I reckon most of the people it’s not working for seem to be people like me using the D2. Those cheaper ones may also have the speed over D2 that’s needed for our precious heads.

People using the D2 aren't going to get results unless they use it for a minimum of 20-30 minutes per session. I doubt many people are doing that. I am thinking about getting an M8 to try with 5 minute sessions.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a lot more expensive. Unless money's not much concern for you I would just get the cheaper one. The faster the motor the less time you have to use it. If you use the D2 you need to use it longer, and most people aren't going to needle for that long. The cheaper devices seem to work fine, and require less time for the procedure. I haven't looked into this new one, but it's probably not much better. The cheaper ones like the A7 can supposedly operate at the same 120hz as the Follica device. I don't think you'd want it to go any faster than that.

People using the D2 aren't going to get results unless they use it for a minimum of 20-30 minutes per session. I doubt many people are doing that. I am thinking about getting an M8 to try with 5 minute sessions.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one.

I might get an M8 myself if you’re saying the A6S isn’t any going to be any better.

That said do you actually think the M8 could have negative effects if we needle faster?

GoatHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the m8, d2 and a6s the a6s wounds better than m8 but loses muscle when run on battries negating the reason i bought it the d2 draws blood at same setting as the doctor pens. if it wasnt for time factor id say id prefer the d2 my scalp is raw 10to to 20 mins with a6s on 12000 rpm but i need 30 to 45 mins with the d2. d2 gives me blood dandruff and never snags on flesh the a6s snags on flesh if i move to fast but never leaves notible bleeding like the d2 .

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently switched to foam min and it's made my life so much easier. I got very tired of liquid min not drying for 4+ hours and the foam almost dries a minute after putting it on.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the m8, d2 and a6s the a6s wounds better than m8 but loses muscle when run on battries negating the reason i bought it the d2 draws blood at same setting as the doctor pens. if it wasnt for time factor id say id prefer the d2 my scalp is raw 10to to 20 mins with a6s on 12000 rpm but i need 30 to 45 mins with the d2. d2 gives me blood dandruff and never snags on flesh the a6s snags on flesh if i move to fast but never leaves notible bleeding like the d2 .
Could you use the A6S plugged in?

And given all the above what’s your preference?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly don't think there is going to be a massive difference between pens, what people are doing to their scalp and skin regarding needling is pretty crude in the end, you will probably see results with all of them. I wouldn't fixate too much on the model.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly don't think there is going to be a massive difference between pens, what people are doing to their scalp and skin regarding needling is pretty crude in the end, you will probably see results with all of them. I wouldn't fixate too much on the model.
Well I have a D2 and I’m not seeing results (maybe maintenance).

The research is saying needling is most effective with devices that are faster for various reasons described in the first 1-5 pages of this thread.

I’m fairly convinced that device brand doesn’t matter but devices that can puncture faster may matter a lot.

Like I tend to say a lot here, you’ve got nothing to loose but everythin... no wait you’ve only got your hair to loose.

So if there’s some research to say faster is better go faster.

Last edited:

GoatHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you use the A6S plugged in?

And given all the above what’s your preference?
yes i im using it in corded moment nither seem to work so cannot make a preferance other than i prefer D2 as it feels like wounds not scratches
i used the
D2 12months 1.5mm to 2.5mm weekly 10mins no results
D2 4 months 1mm 30mins biweekly no results
M8 2 months 20 mins 1mm biweekly no results
A6S 3 months 1mm 20 min weekly / biweekly no results
A6S 2months 1.5mm 20min weekly / biweekly no results so far lol

it may be hopium copium but i suspect my crown whirl and mid scalp hair parting have improved density but thats not great when these were never area of hair loss of concern.
after seeing tressless 1.5mm weekly 8000rpm + success storys i will be trying that for the foreseeable.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i im using it in corded moment nither seem to work so cannot make a preferance other than i prefer D2 as it feels like wounds not scratches
i used the
D2 12months 1.5mm to 2.5mm weekly 10mins no results
D2 4 months 1mm 30mins biweekly no results
M8 2 months 20 mins 1mm biweekly no results
A6S 3 months 1mm 20 min weekly / biweekly no results
A6S 2months 1.5mm 20min weekly / biweekly no results so far lol

it may be hopium copium but i suspect my crown whirl and mid scalp hair parting have improved density but thats not great when these were never area of hair loss of concern.
after seeing tressless 1.5mm weekly 8000rpm + success storys i will be trying that for the foreseeable.

I honestly think weekly and biweekly doesn't wield as good a result as mild rolling daily before applying minoxidil, i know follica says otherwise but im just going by results i have seen on here, no harm in experimenting though.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly think weekly and biweekly doesn't wield as good a result as mild rolling daily before applying minoxidil, i know follica says otherwise but im just going by results i have seen on here, no harm in experimenting though.
Iv been rolling 0.5mm daily since end of July. Applying minoxidil straight after rolling. Tiny vellus hairs are popping up with the odd one growing slightly longer but nothing worth even speaking about. Thinking about going deeper and doing every 1 to 2 weeks