Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iv been rolling 0.5mm daily since end of July. Applying minoxidil straightafter rolling. Tiny vellus hairs are popping up with the odd one growing slightly longer. Thinking about going deeper and doing every 1 to 2 weeks

Rollers don't wound anywhere near as effectively as pens, you can buy a 1.5mm ZGTS roller(best brand imo) and use it with mild/moderate pressure at night before applying minoxidil, you don't really want to bleed just mild redness and maybe a few blood spots, the redness should not be noticeable in morning. I know follica put a lot of money and research in to their studies on this but i still think this is the best method.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the selection of a pen really that important? As I have understood it, it is the wounding mechanism that helps in regrowth or maintenance rather than speed of a pen.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rollers don't wound anywhere near as effectively as pens, you can buy a 1.5mm ZGTS roller(best brand imo) and use it with mild/moderate pressure at night before applying minoxidil, you don't really want to bleed just mild redness and maybe a few blood spots, the redness should not be noticeable in morning. I know follica put a lot of money and research in to their studies on this but i still think this is the best method.
Iv got a dermapen that goes at 18k on its highest setting. I may go with this and get rid of the roller see if i can get any results

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe for min penetration daily use is better. But the other benefit is WIHN for which needling could be done every 2-3 weeks. In addition, it's probably not the best idea to needle daily if people use other topical like RU, even min going systemic is troubling for some. There are also theories thrown around that wounding frequently comes with a risk of cancer, through extended periods of accelerated cell proliferation.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the m8, d2 and a6s the a6s wounds better than m8 but loses muscle when run on battries negating the reason i bought it the d2 draws blood at same setting as the doctor pens. if it wasnt for time factor id say id prefer the d2 my scalp is raw 10to to 20 mins with a6s on 12000 rpm but i need 30 to 45 mins with the d2. d2 gives me blood dandruff and never snags on flesh the a6s snags on flesh if i move to fast but never leaves notible bleeding like the d2 .

You say the D2 draws blood at the same setting as the doctor pens, but then you say the A6s never leaves notable bleeding like the D2. Those statements seem contradictory, can you clarify this?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no regrowth here.

I am not seeing, in any pages of this thread so far, any hairline regrowth whatsoever.

The guy in this picture just did his hair up and the minoxidil and finasteride maybe thickened it a bit, but he's not actually much different from where he started.
You’re an idiot

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a delusional retard.

Clean the cope out of your eyes and look at the f*****g picture; there is very little change in anything other styling. Basically, it was the morning that guy decided to give a sh*t.

Still waiting on hairline restoration photos.
Hairlines are notoriously difficult to regrow. By far the hardest part.

GoatHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You say the D2 draws blood at the same setting as the doctor pens, but then you say the A6s never leaves notable bleeding like the D2. Those statements seem contradictory, can you clarify this?
Sorry what i mean in that statement is at 1.5mm d2 there is blood on needle cartrige and scalp flaky dots etc after 10 to 30mins. But 20 mins 1.5mm with a6s no observable blood but redish inflamed looking skin followed by thin scabbing for days like sun burn dryskin doesnt peel in a noticble way tho .
im thinking of allternating one week 30mins d2 next 20 mins a6s. it feels to me like d2 reaches 1.5mm easy but a6s is not so will most likly use d2 at 1mm and a6s at 1.5mm.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no regrowth here.

I am not seeing, in any pages of this thread so far, any hairline regrowth whatsoever.

The guy in this picture just did his hair up and the minoxidil and finasteride maybe thickened it a bit, but he's not actually much different from where he started.
He's got so much more hair. His hairline hasn't really moved but the density appears to be much greater.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry what i mean in that statement is at 1.5mm d2 there is blood on needle cartrige and scalp flaky dots etc after 10 to 30mins. But 20 mins 1.5mm with a6s no observable blood but redish inflamed looking skin followed by thin scabbing for days like sun burn dryskin doesnt peel in a noticble way tho .
im thinking of allternating one week 30mins d2 next 20 mins a6s. it feels to me like d2 reaches 1.5mm easy but a6s is not so will most likly use d2 at 1mm and a6s at 1.5mm.
Interesting observations, thank you. Really interesting that you need that much time with the A6s to sufficiently wound.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone here can see clear improvements, yet you can't? Maybe the problem lies with you and your eyes.

And check the first post from this thread, that also not good enough for you? There are many success stories here, hell there's even a seperate thread because there were so many success stories posted.
The problem here is his peanut brain. Perhaps everyone should consider ignoring him?

GoatHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting observations, thank you. Really interesting that you need that much time with the A6s to sufficiently wound.
i have done full 30min 12000 rpm 1.5mm a6s session and never saw a hint of blood but scalp felt raw as hell and skin went a texture like fine grade sand paper for 72hours yet with a 30min d2 there is pink plasma slime everywhere with sharper localises pin point pain mixed with rawness and chunky scabbing flakes . i get the feeling hardware we may need is d2 punching power with dr pen rpm

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ipink plasma slime everywhere
:DI don’t have this with the D2 at 1.00, but no regrets.

I have red and purplish scalp, some pinpoint bleeding but not much, a sore scalp and pain when I comb through my hair for a couple of days. Hardly any flaking.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the post you shared, there is no significant improvement; he just styled his hair.

Are you trolling? Look at the red circled mole. The hairline has crept down much closer to it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Posts like this show how stupid people in this thread are.

The circled-mole photo, is not what the conversation was about.
I don't recall if the other guy had anything circled or not, but he had definite thickening of his hairline.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Posts like this show how stupid people in this thread are.

The circled-mole photo, is not what the conversation was about.

My bad. I did jump in without reading carefully enough.

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
Somehow his hair on the 2nd pic looks a lot thicker and also darker.
That has nothing to do with blow-drying!
If this pic is real and not edit, it's an amazing result!

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair quality is obviously much better. If this can be the effect of blow-drying, I have never learned how to blow-dry my hair correctly.
When my hair started miniaturising, it also became much lighter in colour.

GoatHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
No bro, look at the pics

View attachment 151006

View attachment 151007

There's no difference except that in the "Before" photo, his hair is laying flat to the side which is also contouring the curvature of the skull and the minituraized hair becomes more visible without the longer hair standing behind it. It is exactly this which is why long hair is a no-go with receding hairlines.

The only reason the after pic looks better, is because it has been combed and probably blow dried so the hair is "up" off the forehead, no longer curves with the bald scalp, is more bunched together, and as a result (when combined with the better lighting that shows how dark his hair is) creates the illusion of being "thicker".

My hair is quite similar to this guy's. If I go a while without a hair cut and wear a hat or something that flattens my hair, it looks not dissimilar from the "before" photo at all. But if wash and blow dry it in the morning, it looks more like the after.

I'm speaking from experience: There's no improvement from dermarolling and likely not from the meds yet either.

Edit: You can also see from the sideburns that he has had a haircut since starting the treatments.
I hate to get into these arguments but where is the second mole gone thats infront of the temple peaks you can still see the lighter mole near upper temple hair line in the first pic then if you look below it 30mm down 3mm right and its gone in the second pic and hair is where it was ?