Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am now starting to get worried that performing mild 1.0mm dermarolling daily might form scar tissue on my scalp over the long term.
Anyone here who is on daily mild rolling regimen and seen a derm regarding their scalp health?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am now starting to get worried that performing mild 1.0mm dermarolling daily might form scar tissue on my scalp over the long term.
Anyone here who is on daily mild rolling regimen and seen a derm regarding their scalp health?
1mm isnt mild

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in my anecdote i first started using minoxidil and then microneedled with it for about 6months last year. My life schedule got kinda in the way around the end of the year and i stopped min + needling all together.

Its been about a year now and unfortunately seems all my hairs i gained fell out after i stopped my regimen. The hair on my temples only seemed to look fuller but i dont think min + needling stopped the actual balding or regrew hair in areas of my hair line that had been dead for many years.
That is my concern with this whole Regimen, that it "cosmetically" gives the effects that you are reversing your hairloss but in reality it is just Minoxidil thickening the hair you still have left along your thinning line and Needling is just accelerating the growth of these hairs.

TLDR - did min+needling saw good results,wasnt actually growing hair in dead areas, stopped and lost all my progress.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in my anecdote i first started using minoxidil and then microneedled with it for about 6months last year. My life schedule got kinda in the way around the end of the year and i stopped min + needling all together.

Its been about a year now and unfortunately seems all my hairs i gained fell out after i stopped my regimen. The hair on my temples only seemed to look fuller but i dont think min + needling stopped the actual balding or regrew hair in areas of my hair line that had been dead for many years.
That is my concern with this whole Regimen, that it "cosmetically" gives the effects that you are reversing your hairloss but in reality it is just Minoxidil thickening the hair you still have left along your thinning line and Needling is just accelerating the growth of these hairs.

TLDR - did min+needling saw good results,wasnt actually growing hair in dead areas, stopped and lost all my progress.
did u do everyday ?

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
was it better mild everyday ?
it was a double edged sword , it helped stimulate the min regrowth of small baby hairs much faster but higher water retention came with it. I still see shadows under my eyes after 10 months of stopping min. f*** that it makes you look older

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
it was a double edged sword , it helped stimulate the min regrowth of small baby hairs much faster but higher water retention came with it. I still see shadows under my eyes after 10 months of stopping min. f*** that it makes you look older
theres no way thats true, the vasodilation effects stops after a few days.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
im just stating what i noticed, it felt like needling after min everyday was affecting my face even if 0.5mm isnt considered deep enough depth

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
im just stating what i noticed, it felt like needling after min everyday was affecting my face even if 0.5mm isnt considered deep enough depth
yes im not denying that im just denying it affects even after 10 months of stopping

Stiui

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I've been using a galenic solution with (minoxidil 5%, progesterone 1%; 17 alpha estradiol 0.025%, hydrocortisone 0.05% and transcutol) for 10 years. I started microneedling for 2 months (20 august 2020): 1.2 mm once a week, I apply the solution every day except the day of needling. Unfortunately I noticed an important emptying of the front. Good sign or not? these active ingredients contained in the solution should be especially effective on the front ...so why this effect now that I never had in 10 years?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please answer this question.What is better a7 dr pen or d2?
Haven't tried the D2 but it's slow and expensive. Don't get the A7 if you go for a Dr. Pen however buy the M8 wireless instead. Much better build quality and hurts a lot less at least for me, the A7 doesn't hold cartridges firmly so they wobble slightly hitting dry skin which is painful. M8 cartridges also glides easier over skin and hair which also lower discomfort.

Dalcounter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't tried the D2 but it's slow and expensive. Don't get the A7 if you go for a Dr. Pen however buy the M8 wireless instead. Much better build quality and hurts a lot less at least for me, the A7 doesn't hold cartridges firmly so they wobble slightly hitting dry skin which is painful. M8 cartridges also glides easier over skin and hair which also lower discomfort.
Dr pen a6 instead is good ? Or m8 is better?
Dr pen a6 cost me 86€
Dr pen m8 cost me 140€
So i need to understand what is better.If m8 is a lot better then i buy it.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best brand of roller is ZGTS and the best pen you can get is either dr pen ultima a6 or derminator 2, i prefer the ultima a6 as it is wireless, plus the site that sells the derminator 2 and cartridges can be a bit iffy from what i have read.

Got the Dr Pen M8, also wireless and I'm super happy with it. I think it has thinner gauge needles than the A6

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ah man it's a shame you stopped, I remember your results, they were excellent.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am applying topical minoxidil once a day. Last few times I applied it after a light 0.5mm dermapen over my scalp, and I am observing some chest pain. Is it a common minoxidil side, or can it be a change in my diet and suppliments (I was recently told by my doctor to start Taurine as a suppliment with Multi vitamins)?