crown after.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_20200820_192647.jpg
    IMG_20200820_192647.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 581

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What other pharmaceuticals can be combined with needling?

There's a huge list of them posted in one of the Follica patent threads. Basically anything that upregulates Wnts or shh.

I wonder if there's a link between how sensitive one is to microneedling and how well it works. It could be connected to the physiological changes in the scalp that accompany hair loss etc. For instance, I'm not sensitive to it at all. I mean it's not pleasant but I can tolerate 1.6mm easily. Also the areas where my hair loss is the worst are the numbest. Overall, I've had a mild success with microneedling.

For me it's the opposite, the pain is worse where my hair is worse. Probably because there's less hair in the way. I think people just need to find the right depth for them. I like the idea of going just deep enough to get some pinpoint bleeding, which for me is 1.5mm. I don't know what you needle with, but it hurts more at higher speeds, and the device you use matters too because some won't actually penetrate as deep as what you set it at.

Last edited:

hulivili

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if this is allowed (mods feel free to remove if not) but I'm selling a hardly used Derminator 2 (EU plug) for cheap if anyone is interested. Shipping to Europe. This thing works but I'm too lazy to stick to a steady microneedling routine. PM me for more details.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it's the opposite, the pain is worse where my hair is worse. Probably because there's less hair in the way. I think people just need to find the right depth for them. I like the idea of going just deep enough to get some pinpoint bleeding, which for me is 1.5mm. I don't know what you needle with, but it hurts more at higher speeds, and the device you use matters too because some won't actually penetrate as deep as what you set it at.
Interesting. I have a feeling that microneedling + post-needling compounds are going to be a subject of more research in the future. I'm gonna try and go deeper than 1.6mm.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a feeling that microneedling + post-needling compounds are going to be a subject of more research in the future. I'm gonna try and go deeper than 1.6mm.

Yes, it's all about applying the right compounds at the right time after wounding. I worry about scarring if you needle deeper than 1.5mm without using an shh agonist. Wnts alone aren't enough to prevent scarring wounds, you have to have shh.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's all about applying the right compounds at the right time after wounding. I worry about scarring if you needle deeper than 1.5mm without using an shh agonist. Wnts alone aren't enough to prevent scarring wounds, you have to have shh.
dumb question...what's shh?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I tried topical min twice in the past (6month each time) and was a nonresponder. I am currently on 5mg oral and was wondering if microneedling synergizes with oral min. It seems that it is mostly used to improve absorption of topical, so not sure if its very beneficial with oral. Any thoughts on maybe apply topical min 1/week, day after microneedling? Or just stick to oral, feel like I'm missing out on this synergy people are getting.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
can u get infection if u microneedle at 0.7mm with dirty needle ?

It's highly unlikely you could get an infection from a roller/pen even if you don't disinfect, but you should sterilize it with alcohol or something anyway, might as well

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's highly unlikely you could get an infection from a roller/pen even if you don't disinfect, but you should sterilize it with alcohol or something anyway, might as well
yeah but at that low depth ? meh cant u just use the same needle for 1-2mins

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
can u get infection if u microneedle at 0.7mm with dirty needle ?
Probably.. I have a small red lump on my scalp.. looks like Folliculitis.. I use hair fibres so it looks like between them and the dermapen it caused it.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely is.. flaky skin and shiny pus like on top.. I’m going to the dr next week for his opinion.. could need antibiotics
Same thing happened to me in a temple. Just stop needling that área for some time it will go away

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the whole 7 minutes, but I noticed pinpoint bleeding. I really hate how everything today has to be a video. It takes minutes to watch things that could be read, or pictures that could be viewed, in seconds.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, amazing results, but I could have done without the dramatic soundtrack. Do we know how often he microneedles?