Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
noticed a guy in there saying his stack was like Micro Needling, minoxidil and Mk - 677. Wonder if that MK-677 did anything, its just growth hormone isn't it, maybe in combination? f*** knows

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say the derminator is better? I’d rather buy the derminator but I cba dealing with their autistic staff lol
Lol bro she banned me twice within a week. The second time after my email to her thanking her for unbanning me :D

Still to anyone who knows of the quality of Dr Pen products. Which will cause the least tearing if any? I want to use it on my face from time to time and since D2 is off the table I need to find the next best thing for quality.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
noticed a guy in there saying his stack was like Micro Needling, minoxidil and Mk - 677. Wonder if that MK-677 did anything, its just growth hormone isn't it, maybe in combination? f*** knows
In my understanding MK- 677 would not do anything for Androgenetic Alopecia. Plus, it is of more risk to consume it if you are not training adequately. Rather than taking this route, oral fina/duta would be a known devil.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good find but be aware he may be trying to sell this Amplexe stuff, check out the comments, I did also think the pics look abit like derma match
yea honestly it just looks that his skin got darker (concealer?) and his hair is little longer in the second pic, I don't see clear regrowth at all.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another result from tressless. Dude started microneedling alongside finasteride and min.
At this point it's pretty clear that anyone who starts microneedling with the big 3 will get insane results. Big 3 needs to be Big 4 now with dermarolling factored in.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/c4sb52/my_results_after_one_year_on_big_3_dermastamp/[URL]https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/c4sb52/my_results_after_one_year_on_big_3_dermastamp/ [/URL]
His gains seems legit, but he attributes it to minoxidil and fina mostly: "I attribute 90% of my gains to finasteride and min, 10% to dermastamp."

In that same sub there is a fair amount of hyper responders that got similar gains with only finasteride and/or minoxidil so here is that.

I wonder if the people getting gains from needling the sh*t of their scalps while taking meds wouldn't be getting the same results with just the meds alone

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't tried the D2 but it's slow and expensive. Don't get the A7 if you go for a Dr. Pen however buy the M8 wireless instead. Much better build quality and hurts a lot less at least for me, the A7 doesn't hold cartridges firmly so they wobble slightly hitting dry skin which is painful. M8 cartridges also glides easier over skin and hair which also lower discomfort.
I’ve noticed the m8 doesn’t have a 12 pin cartridge, does this matter? Is 12 pin the only way to do it or would 16 pin have the same effect?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Dr Pen a dropshipper turned to brand? I found many A7s and M8s that seem to be the exact branded product you would get off amazon or the official store but at a much higher discount. 80$ max for either of the pens. Anyone knows if they are just manufacturing copies that are 100% identical (branded) = illegal. Or they are actually the exact same pens?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with higher needle cartridges, as someone pointed out in one of these threads is that a greater number of needles spreads out the force of the impact, lessening the ability of the needles to fully penetrate. Think of laying on a bed of nails versus a single nail. This could especially be a problem with wireless pens that are operating only on battery power.
Do you think 16 pin cartridges would be okay?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@kungfukenny any number will work. It is hard to say what kind of result differential there will be. We are just trying to follow the follica protocol and their reasoning, except we go deeper (1.5mm). You can view the abstract in this threat.

FYI for anyone who is buying Dr. Pen. It is in fact a dropshipping item. Amazon dropshippers resell it on amazon and the "official" store is just a shopify shop. So if that is what you are buying go to aliexpress and get them for ~60USD$
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 5.36.12 PM.png

Last edited:

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wasn't there a study stating that less than 1.0 mm is better than 1.5mm? I understand that one needs to find his optimal depth but should start from a low number.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m still doing 1mm every two weeks, and will continue to do so on my crown until the 6 month mark, to see what the returns of this protocol are. I have been considering though, to microneedle the left side of my head weekly and the right side more deeply. That’s the advantage of having DUPA: lots of scalp to experiment with.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, imagine my Sunday evenings: microneedling for ages, and then laser helmet for half an hour. But with another lockdown around the corner, time is not an issue.