Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ali.talebi1994

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the purpose of all this, trying to get results without fina/duta. Especially interesting for people who get side effects from AA's.

So many guys having success with this approach. Follica looks more interesting to me too...
i've been on fina for 7 month and the only side i have experienced is mild ball ache...
now i want to switch to dutasteride and i've recently started microneedling and minoxidil.
i hope i will achieve good results :rolleyes:

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the purpose of all this, trying to get results without fina/duta. Especially interesting for people who get side effects from AA's.

So many guys having success with this approach. Follica looks more interesting to me too...
Isn’t minoxidil an AA?

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw I think ultimately this will be the treatment once refined. If they can get a definite needling depth, duration, and a better compound. These are DIY results, if you optimise this you can make something really really good

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah post a link and tell us how you use it.

Im guessing it is probably just your basic lidocaine cream, i personally never needed numbing agents, after a a few passes you sort of get used to the pain, at least i do.

Last edited:

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah true, although when I use a dermapen at the highest setting at 2mm...it's not pleasant. I can deal with 1mm though
I wonder if there's a link between how sensitive one is to microneedling and how well it works. It could be connected to the physiological changes in the scalp that accompany hair loss etc. For instance, I'm not sensitive to it at all. I mean it's not pleasant but I can tolerate 1.6mm easily. Also the areas where my hair loss is the worst are the numbest. Overall, I've had a mild success with microneedling.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
its hard to notice at first but look right in the back of his crown in the centre on the after pics, it looks like its been coloured in

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Back again, not really with an update, but just something neat I noticed while taking some zoomed in photos with flash on.

I took 3x zoomed in, flash photos of the thinnest part of my scalp. As highlighted in picture #1.

A pathetic scrap of scalp with only a few terminal hairs as of that picture's date(july 13th 2020).

I haven't really bothered taking zoomed in pictures. I had a USB magnifying camera once, but found it too hard to use honestly.

But the two pictures I took just now are pretty interesting.

The few terminal hairs in that area are still there, hanging on for dear life. But amongst them is a bushel of new neighbors. Hundreds if not thousands of weaker smaller hairs. Most of which look like smaller versions of male pattern baldness resistant hair that most of us are left with on our sides. If you look closely at them, most of these little buds are doubles, and triples.

Now are these new hairs that weren't there before microneedling and minoxidil treatment? I don't know honestly.

But given my previous posts, and the before and after photos included, I'm inclined to believe these are hairs that are improving the overall look of my thin pathetic hair. And I believe with continued treatment, they will mature into bushels of thick terminal hairs. But alas, only time will tell.

Attachments

• 20201006_154011.jpg
    20201006_154011.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 601
  • 20201006_152325.jpg
    20201006_152325.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 20201006_152332.jpg
    20201006_152332.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 583

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Back again, not really with an update, but just something neat I noticed while taking some zoomed in photos with flash on.

I took 3x zoomed in, flash photos of the thinnest part of my scalp. As highlighted in picture #1.

A pathetic scrap of scalp with only a few terminal hairs as of that picture's date(july 13th 2020).

I haven't really bothered taking zoomed in pictures. I had a USB magnifying camera once, but found it too hard to use honestly.

But the two pictures I took just now are pretty interesting.

The few terminal hairs in that area are still there, hanging on for dear life. But amongst them is a bushel of new neighbors. Hundreds if not thousands of weaker smaller hairs. Most of which look like smaller versions of male pattern baldness resistant hair that most of us are left with on our sides. If you look closely at them, most of these little buds are doubles, and triples.

Now are these new hairs that weren't there before microneedling and minoxidil treatment? I don't know honestly.

But given my previous posts, and the before and after photos included, I'm inclined to believe these are hairs that are improving the overall look of my thin pathetic hair. And I believe with continued treatment, they will mature into bushels of thick terminal hairs. But alas, only time will tell.

This is really the crux of the problem Follica is facing as well. Basically microneedling can create tons of neogenic hairs but how to get them from the vellus to terminal is unknown currently. I saw some Follica data a while back with vellus hairs at 100/cm^2 if we could get that many terminal it'd be crazy awesome even if they were all singles. This is the reason pharmaceuticals which cause stem cell differentiation and replication are so exciting when combined with microneedleing.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really the crux of the problem Follica is facing as well. Basically microneedling can create tons of neogenic hairs but how to get them from the vellus to terminal is unknown currently. I saw some Follica data a while back with vellus hairs at 100/cm^2 if we could get that many terminal it'd be crazy awesome even if they were all singles. This is the reason pharmaceuticals which cause stem cell differentiation and replication are so exciting when combined with microneedleing.
What other pharmaceuticals can be combined with needling?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, who's scalp itches a couple of days after needling?

Haven't had an itch in months thanks to zix but I assume the healing causes itch.

Yup gets itchy after 2-3 days then I use a comb remove the dead skin.

Also are there any bad asses here who apply minoxidil right after hard needling?

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What other pharmaceuticals can be combined with needling?

Minoxodil is the most popular and probably the most effective available.

There are other things that have a lot of potential like good prp(Not a pharmaceutical but will have pharmaceutical like effects) and on the more theoretical side wnt activators and SFRP inhibitors. SM04554 has a lot of potential for this(activating wnt) specifically. Anything that upregulates PGF2a or downregulates PGD2 may also have a positive effect. Dr. Cotsarelis spent a significant amount of time trying to solve this specific problem. If you are particularly interested his papers on follicular neogenesis are a great place to research.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm at about 2 months in. Still haven't taken comparison photos, and I won't until probably around New Years. However, my hair is much thicker already. It's too soon to tell, but I think I might be a hyper responder. I won't be surprised if I won't need fibers and dermatch by Christmas.

I'm needling HEAVY once a week (took one week off though). Bleeding. Started at 1.25mm, now I'm up to 1.75mm and will stick with that. It takes about 25 minutes each session. I'm also applying minoxidil quite often.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup gets itchy after 2-3 days then I use a comb remove the dead skin.

Also are there any bad asses here who apply minoxidil right after hard needling?

Yeah I apply minoxidil right after micro needle. I have my derma pen set at 1.25mm. I actually start at 0.7mm on the first needle and then set it at 1.25.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm at about 2 months in. Still haven't taken comparison photos, and I won't until probably around New Years. However, my hair is much thicker already. It's too soon to tell, but I think I might be a hyper responder. I won't be surprised if I won't need fibers and dermatch by Christmas.

I'm needling HEAVY once a week (took one week off though). Bleeding. Started at 1.25mm, now I'm up to 1.75mm and will stick with that. It takes about 25 minutes each session. I'm also applying minoxidil quite often.
So you’re needling and apply minoxidil often.. how does that work when you’re also using fibres? Do you shampoo your hair every eve before minoxidil? Because I found having to wash my hair every eve for minoxidil made it very dry

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’re needling and apply minoxidil often.. how does that work when you’re also using fibres? Do you shampoo your hair every eve before minoxidil? Because I found having to wash my hair every eve for minoxidil made it very dry

Well working from home has been a godsend. Without that, it wouldn't be possible to needle and hide my hair at work. So I needle every Sunday, and I don't go out without a hat until usually the next Friday or Saturday. So if I go out with friends, it's been a few days and put on fibers/dermatch. So I'm not using fibers or dermatch right after rolling. I'd probably feel safe doing it 48 hours after a needling session though.

I use 2% ketoconazole shampoo twice a week. And regular baby shampoo 1-2x a week. The other days just water.